Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

When my store got its first ever double truck yesterday and I got to miss out on the unload by being added to the schedule later in the afternoon

3FBF99C5-DA38-47F2-BC5F-77DBCE72D44C.gif

Super stoked that they missed me with that shit! I hate pushing seasonal but I’ll take 8 hours of ornaments and Ladder Santa racket over trying to unload a double with no vehicles and cranky TMs and a 95-degree receiving because somebody cranked the heat way up

pb or market pantry sparkling water in my sl repacks used to be an almost every day thing bc the casepack would rip during the unload and the guys in the truck would just toss them in untaped repacks. little cans of olives or cat food too.
I get that - had the lonely tube of toothpaste in a non-health & personal care repack, then along comes the broken open case missing one. But I get TAPED repacks that are a jumble of stuff for all over the store. It's nuts.

First ever double? Did I read that correctly?

We've had like 8 in the last 12 days lol :(
We had our first double in a whole lot of years this week. And I hope we don't have another for a very long time. It was awful. Unload seemed to take forever. And the really best, funnest part? When a repack of beauty and amplified broke through the bottom and dumped everything literally on my feet. Wanted to scream and cry at the same time.

We had a double today, 5000 pieces all together. A+A breakout started at 1am, was still going until 430 pm with almost 2 pallets of unfinished repacks.

Thankfully, our scheduled double tomorrow is now just one truck.

Over the last three years we've had like 60 doubles. They don't even phase me anymore honestly :D

I want a triple, just for sport at this point lol

Who had the brilliant idea of having us push while the store was open for Black Friday? Guests were shopping off of my flat, it got moved anytime I walked away for more than 2 seconds, I got stopped literally every 30 seconds and I was just in the way. The TL had the bright idea to have all of us working in toys which is right next to electronics in my store, so there were literally 8 vehicles in the way right for the big rush as the store opened. I got pissed off and just took my flat to the back and backstocked everything off of it and went home (I was past my scheduled time just trying to rake in more OT). I swear this whole thing gets dumber and dumber every day.

Our store has just said "fuck it" and we're moving back to overnights. So I can avoid the guests again!! Seems a little too good to be true, though. I feel like it'll only last a few days.
Our store has just said "fuck it" and we're moving back to overnights. So I can avoid the guests again!! Seems a little too good to be true, though. I feel like it'll only last a few days.

Jealous. I want to go back to overnights.

Who had the brilliant idea of having us push while the store was open for Black Friday? Guests were shopping off of my flat, it got moved anytime I walked away for more than 2 seconds, I got stopped literally every 30 seconds and I was just in the way. The TL had the bright idea to have all of us working in toys which is right next to electronics in my store, so there were literally 8 vehicles in the way right for the big rush as the store opened. I got pissed off and just took my flat to the back and backstocked everything off of it and went home (I was past my scheduled time just trying to rake in more OT). I swear this whole thing gets dumber and dumber every day.
That tl was stupid..

People shopped off my Metra when there were the exact same item in the exact same size on the tshirt table right next to it 😑

I'd love to be in a low volume store. There are people at my store who basically never leave. And it's so frustrating because we barely have room to backstock all of the junk they send. Why can't they just stop sending stuff for a day or two? We've literally had a truck, sometimes two, for the last month and a half.

JESUS Saturdays in seasonal are fucking useless. They asked me to stay 8 hours but I fucked off right before the 6 hour mark even though I wanted the money because I was literally unable to get anything done due the huge crush of people. Every single aisle had at least 10 guests packed in. Ridiculous. Who could’ve seen this coming?

Back