Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

How many throwers? Or rotations?

Your talking about 1 box on the line and taken off at .48 seconds/box rate. (2600 pieces/5400 seconds). Not saying it's not doable, but your going to wear down your people and increase the risk of injury.
One thrower , all my people on the line can throw the truck, so they decide day off who wants to do it .

How many throwers? Or rotations?

Your talking about 1 box on the line and taken off at .48 seconds/box rate. (2600 pieces/5400 seconds). Not saying it's not doable, but your going to wear down your people and increase the risk of injury.

People are totally expendable at Spot now. If they get worn down, performance them out, replace with a younger, more innocent, trusting version. Repeat.

People are totally expendable at Spot now. If they get worn down, performance them out, replace with a younger, more innocent, trusting version. Repeat.

Expect lts not working out at my store
We started out with 1 main thrower and 6 newback up thowers and now that everyone started quitting theres just the main thrower and 1 day he got sick and called out and are ETL had to throw the truck because nobody that was scheduled could throw a truck on there own. Were just not training people for the truck anymore all of are truck team are all flow lifers with the newest guy being on flow for 6 years and the oldest one being with spot 17 years all at same store whole time. I mean there like a big family so im guessing if 1 starts getting pushed to leave then there all going to probably leave and unload going to go to shit

Expect lts not working out at my store
We started out with 1 main thrower and 6 newback up thowers and now that everyone started quitting theres just the main thrower and 1 day he got sick and called out and are ETL had to throw the truck because nobody that was scheduled could throw a truck on there own. Were just not training people for the truck anymore all of are truck team are all flow lifers with the newest guy being on flow for 6 years and the oldest one being with spot 17 years all at same store whole time. I mean there like a big family so im guessing if 1 starts getting pushed to leave then there all going to probably leave and unload going to go to shit
Your store has training for throwing? My first time I was taught how to get the line ready and then told to unload the truck. So many things I didn't know

Your store has training for throwing? My first time I was taught how to get the line ready and then told to unload the truck. So many things I didn't know
No i mean there no training new people for the line anymore so they have the same team that can unload a truck and if 1 of them calls out then nobody can fill in so thecunload team just as to do without a person for the day

Do Target DCs service Ross stores?

something must be connected somewhere because we got in a whole ass case of Ross doodads the other day, store label and everything. I took a pic but I ain't posting it because the mise en scene would dox me instantly. Didn't come as a return because it was in its own casepack and it was a Ross store-brand item

All these stores share the same manufacturers. We get Great Value boxes every so often, mispick from the manufacturer that no one at the DC notices somehow.

Is the Easter candy plu situation fixed yet ??
Does Easter candy discount scan at registers it wasn’t on Monday.

What is the percent off for today Tuesday for Easter candy ??

Time to close this Easter thread I think.

I hope so re: Easter candy PLU.

This thread just gets renamed for the next big sales day/event: in this case, what's next? the Post-Rollout Summer edition?

I hope so re: Easter candy PLU.

This thread just gets renamed for the next big sales day/event: in this case, what's next? the Post-Rollout Summer edition?
Memorial Day red white and blue edition.
Or Mother’s Day shove those flowers edition

Guys looks like the company finally did it they got rid of the entire logistics department. Now i dont see any of my friends because everyone in there own little world working and unload has to go home at 8:30 no exceptions because DBOs get priority on hours even though they never push anything and they almost always roll over all the push from the truck making it a nightmare to unload trucks in the morning

Guys looks like the company finally did it they got rid of the entire logistics department. Now i dont see any of my friends because everyone in there own little world working and unload has to go home at 8:30 no exceptions because DBOs get priority on hours even though they never push anything and they almost always roll over all the push from the truck making it a nightmare to unload trucks in the morning
Glad my district is still behind. Only scheduled for 20 hours but often times work 30+ hours

Our Easter candy was 30% yesterday and 50% today. Off tomorrow so maybe Thursday it will be 70%. We have a crap ton. Hard to imagine that will be gone by end of the week. We'll see.

We don’t have enough 3 tier carts
Your sort team should be opening every repack as it comes off the truck and sorting the repacks onto the correct vehicle as they move down the line. We start with a couple of empty repacks on the vehicles we know will have multiple zones and sort straight into them. We keep extra empty repacks under the line to replace as needed. First tm on PP1 side cuts every repack open and each sorter on down the line takes out their merchandise. No carts at all.

Good idea on the combos. HBO is my main concern. If we push from the repacks, it will take awhile working back and forth.
Have you tried a U boat just for repacks and leaving the top shelf empty? Then you can put what doesn't go in your aisle on top so you see it when you move to the next one. Takes a minute to get used to it but it's working for us.

So uh...yikes. At least 3 of our flow TMs are in the ETL's crosshairs now. One of them is OG and has been with Target for 13 years (recently moved to flow to help us out) and the other 2 are brand new, hired less than 2 weeks ago. They got assigned to push hba, pets and paper, spent about 3.5 hours on it and right after they got done, the ETL pulled them into his office and chewed their asses for "taking too long." Ditto for the next truck, and he warned them that the next conversation they had about it would include write ups. I've watched these 3 work and there is no time wasting or chit chat from what I've seen, just the newbie confusion that you'd expect from new hires and the OG chick doing her best to help them find shelf locations. On Tuesday we had a huge truck (2400) and again those 3 spent a little over 3 hours pushing hba, pets and paper which made smoke shoot out of the ETL's ears and the promised write ups were delivered. He told them that their pace sucks and needs to double or triple because payroll is so tight. Today he assigned them to push kitchen and housewares instead, and had me and another flow TM push hba, pets and paper which took us closer to 5 hours because again, huge truck and lots of guests crowding our aisles, and get this: the ETL paged me on walkie and asked where I was at on pushing, I told him "uh hba and pets is done and we're about halfway done with paper" and he said go to 4 and asked if I wanted to take a lunch(!!!!!) and stay 8 hours which I did.

short version: noobies spend 3.5 hours pushing and get in trouble, I spend almost 5 hours pushing the same thing and get asked to stay and help finish. WTF is going on? I'm nowhere close to being the fastest TM and yet I've never EVER been told I needed to pick up the pace.
It unfortunately does come down to favoritism and misconceptions in a bad soup sometimes. A team leader is not a leader unless they can do what they're asking you to do. If I hold you accountable for timelines I have to invest the time to train you and show you how to get to the speed I expect. Otherwise I am useless.

Have you tried a U boat just for repacks and leaving the top shelf empty? Then you can put what doesn't go in your aisle on top so you see it when you move to the next one. Takes a minute to get used to it but it's working for us.

My ETL saw someone doing this and got upset because she was sorting and that's the old method.

But like, in what world though?

Back