Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

I still can’t believe they got rid of the cages. How does that help any process?
Because now the backroom isn't clogged with cardboard, and it gets done bit by bit instead of all at once by one TM. Helps since now the team looks at it as "hey, it's like a 5min break away from the salesfloor" instead of "oh shit, I'll be back there for 2hrs doing all that cardboard". Works pretty well as long as there's someone designated to make a bale when needed, but we also were able to keep 2 cages for cardboard during transitions and rugs.

More like "hell yeah I get to chill back here and smash cardboard for 2 hours and not have to get asked 100,000 times an hour where the Fingerlings and Hatchimals are at" lol+lmao. The backroom being clogged with cardboard was never the fault of the cages but a failure on the part of leadership to assign a designated cardboard runner/smasher which is especially easy to do during Q4 because there are more hands helping and more payroll. When they do assign someone the task, like say me for example, the clogging doesn't happen and I always have an empty one or two available for the team.

Speaking of cages I made a rather hilarious discovery the other day, apparently my ETL-log only swept back a couple of them with broken wheels and stashed the rest in a super duper sneaky spot up in the steel that's only visible if you're on the Wave raised to max height. It's so sneaky in fact that the DTL didn't notice when he was poking around in our backroom a week ago. ETL said that knowing Target they're probably going to reverse the no-cages rule as Q4 picks up steam. I can already tell this place will be an absolute madhouse closer to BF/Xmas because we were 37% over forecast yesterday and 26% for the week.

More like "hell yeah I get to chill back here and smash cardboard for 2 hours and not have to get asked 100,000 times an hour where the Fingerlings and Hatchimals are at" lol+lmao. The backroom being clogged with cardboard was never the fault of the cages but a failure on the part of leadership to assign a designated cardboard runner/smasher which is especially easy to do during Q4 because there are more hands helping and more payroll. When they do assign someone the task, like say me for example, the clogging doesn't happen and I always have an empty one or two available for the team.

Speaking of cages I made a rather hilarious discovery the other day, apparently my ETL-log only swept back a couple of them with broken wheels and stashed the rest in a super duper sneaky spot up in the steel that's only visible if you're on the Wave raised to max height. It's so sneaky in fact that the DTL didn't notice when he was poking around in our backroom a week ago. ETL said that knowing Target they're probably going to reverse the no-cages rule as Q4 picks up steam. I can already tell this place will be an absolute madhouse closer to BF/Xmas because we were 37% over forecast yesterday and 26% for the week.
My store also still has a stack of cages and we still use them for resets and chemical push and dont even try hid that we did that

A smart TL would have .....
Except corporate micromanages to the point that no one at the store level can make decisions like this. At least not at my store. I'm part of the "new and improved" unload process and the soft lines repacks get stacked into tall towers very quickly. When I suggested that the TMs who break out those boxes come in earlier, I was told that it was prescribed when they each start. Seriously, I think it's a safety issue how high some of their pallets get stacked. But ya know, the ones at the bottom know nothing about how things really get done.

At least at my store, spending hours doing cardboard was basically hell since our backroom is like 90° on a regular basis and there's no fan anywhere near the baler. Our old ETL-Log was also too impotent to make anyone from flow do it, so it usually fell on SFS or Salesfloor because he wasn't scared of them like he was of a lot of the flow TMs.

yea ASANT we nip pick all rules we need and use we dont follow the modernization guidlines are. we still use jailers on the floor. we still dont have experts in our area

At least at my store, spending hours doing cardboard was basically hell since our backroom is like 90° on a regular basis and there's no fan anywhere near the baler. Our old ETL-Log was also too impotent to make anyone from flow do it, so it usually fell on SFS or Salesfloor because he wasn't scared of them like he was of a lot of the flow TMs.

It's not too bad during Q4 after winter temps roll in and the dock doors are open a lot. We have a fan *by* our baler but it's pointed the other way and they won't swivel it toward the baler because it would bump into the network switches. Anyways I'd rather roast in the backroom than fight through packed crowds.

At my store our custom blocks have changed again. We have the repack box # listed on the custom block sign. But we go through them and sort. B/c 6's have been mixed with Bullseye/One Spot. If it's a combo, we sort it out. It's just a load of fun 🙄

Except corporate micromanages to the point that no one at the store level can make decisions like this. At least not at my store. I'm part of the "new and improved" unload process and the soft lines repacks get stacked into tall towers very quickly. When I suggested that the TMs who break out those boxes come in earlier, I was told that it was prescribed when they each start. Seriously, I think it's a safety issue how high some of their pallets get stacked. But ya know, the ones at the bottom know nothing about how things really get done.
I was there. I heard the GroupTL tell the assembled STLS when the A&A people would come in and NOT to deviate from this. its also on workbench inside the manual.

So, Q4 is shaping up to be a dumpster fire. STL informed us today that when we get doubles, unload is at 6a & 8a. Yikes.

I don't even know what we're going to do during Q4 at my store. Toys is on the backside of the line where nothing can get changed out easily, so what's going to happen when we get like six pallets worth of toys on a single truck?

I don't even know what we're going to do during Q4 at my store. Toys is on the backside of the line where nothing can get changed out easily, so what's going to happen when we get like six pallets worth of toys on a single truck?
so what's going to happen when we get like six pallets worth of toys on a single truck? This:
gun01.jpg

all my boxes are too busted to even get my pallets to the max of my reach anymore. then again i start the breakout at 6am and we've had multiple days where the unload went well past 10am

Have had 4 to 5 double trucks for about 3 weeks now.
1st unload 5 am to 7 am. Then 2 nd unload with fewer tms from 9am to 12 noon or sometimes 1 pm.

Well guys wish us luck were having the district people coming to have a huddle about the new processe this week and we short 80 vehicles and have rolled over the last 2 trucks and have about 4 pallets of softline repacks so this well be a interesting huddle to say the least

Keep us posted! :oops:

Back