Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Now that alot of of us have started the new processes now.
How has your start times have changed
We used to unload at 2am and no we unloaded at 4am and are expected to try a 6am unload after 4th Q to see of thats possible to do
Are truck average 2800
good luck we just rolled a 2300 piece truck. we've been rolling trucks since the beginning of this nightmare.

How do you have enough vehicles to even roll over that many trucks do you just use pallets when theres no vehicles left ?
they just stay on whatever vehicle they started out on. Until some one dumps it when they need the tub/flat/pallet/uboat/what ever and takes off with it. meanwhile there is a pile of unpunished freight sitting in a mound on the floor by the line.

also although nothing to do with Flow exactly softlines is two weeks behind in price change. the freight from Monday was worked Wednesday.

the entertainment/electronics freight from 3 weeks ago finally got pushed two days ago. they neglected the freight from this week is still sitting in a pile at the end of the line along with all the TV's that we can not bet backstocked because a. we have no room to put them since they took down part of the bulk steel, and b. we can not get to the back the line to BS them until sundays, because no truck on sundays,

this is just a small taste of what our once Ultra Green backroom and Flow process has become with the barest of starts with the E2E/Store Modernization/DPO/Dumpster Fire process.

My former prediction of Amazon buying Target with in 10 years has been dropped top 5 years

this is not to mention the Safety/L&I/OSHA/Fire Code violations that our truck unload disaster has become.

-Edit-

"unpunished freight" should be "unpushed" autocorrect got me but it actually kinda fits so I am going to leave it.

they just stay on whatever vehicle they started out on. Until some one dumps it when they need the tub/flat/pallet/uboat/what ever and takes off with it. meanwhile there is a pile of unpunished freight sitting in a mound on the floor by the line.

also although nothing to do with Flow exactly softlines is two weeks behind in price change. the freight from Monday was worked Wednesday.

the entertainment/electronics freight from 3 weeks ago finally got pushed two days ago. they neglected the freight from this week is still sitting in a pile at the end of the line along with all the TV's that we can not bet backstocked because a. we have no room to put them since they took down part of the bulk steel, and b. we can not get to the back the line to BS them until sundays, because no truck on sundays,

this is just a small taste of what our once Ultra Green backroom and Flow process has become with the barest of starts with the E2E/Store Modernization/DPO/Dumpster Fire process.

My former prediction of Amazon buying Target with in 10 years has been dropped top 5 years

this is not to mention the Safety/L&I/OSHA/Fire Code violations that our truck unload disaster has become.

-Edit-

"unpunished freight" should be "unpushed" autocorrect got me but it actually kinda fits so I am going to leave it.
Softlines PC is a month behind. Hardlines is 2 days behind because we got pulled twice in a week to help push truck freight. PC backroom pulls...yeah...I don't even want to talk about that one other than it's probably salvage by now. :eek::mad:

I had my first taste of the holidays this week.
We had 7 truck days 2 of the days were doubles. We ran out of vehicles 3 times on every unload and the senior tm are pissed and embarrassed that they didnt finish the unload in 3hrs and had roll over some push and almost all the softlines and s added bonus are TL almost had a nervous breakdown

I had my first taste of the holidays this week.
We had 7 truck days 2 of the days were doubles. We ran out of vehicles 3 times on every unload and the senior tm are pissed and embarrassed that they didnt finish the unload in 3hrs and had roll over some push and almost all the softlines and s added bonus are TL almost had a nervous breakdown
It will be no fun in Q4.

We started the new process this week. I think it will work eventually when we get all the new vehicles in mid October. Right now it sucks the big one. We have a double Monday. It is frightening! My flow tl admitted he wanted to walk out. Suck it up!

Anybody elses' DC like to be all whacky zany with their number marking?

I get a lot of ones marked 6 that have maybe 1 or 2 office/stationery items and the rest is sporting goods. Or they'll mark one as 4 and it'll be a random combo. Or they don't affix a new label and the latest one is for a store that's 300 miles away. Come to think of it there's been a 1000% increase in MSPK items lately when before we'd get a couple per trailer once a week, now we get enough random store numbers to fill a black repack every day. Lolwut.
Corporate mandated that all DC's have repacks not only sorted correctly starting August 29th, but also begin sorting them in a more logical sense (try to keep bed sheets in one 3, towels on another). Naturally this means that any small issue of the occasional H&B item in a 4 or whatever we used to have is now so insanely worse i almost think the DC's are doing it on purpose as a "fuck you".

Well guys my store has officially went to shit after rolling 3 doubles.
Alot of the extra stuff that we use to do is not getting done making bales,helping receiving with there stuff,doing the sweep,cleaning the back ect.
Not because the team doesn't want to because they try really hard to accomplish everything plus the push but just dont have enough time to do it

We had a double today. First double with new procedure. Came in at 4:30 to detrash softlines. Went to lunch at 9:25. Went back to finish detrashing after lunch. Made it to floor to actually push something at 10:50. Scheduled to 1. Punched at 1:09. Today sucked for softlines.

This new unload goes against everything spot wants. The stores are always struggling with hours and if at least my store if we can even attempt to come clean we need the whole flow team and backroom to work 40hr weeks and if this is the norm at other stores then were never going to be able payroll wise to keep this new way for more then a few years. Now i predict this well be okay for a few years untill we as a company end up spending more on getting the products on the floor then we make in sales.
Lets face it having a bunch of tm working as fast as they can go for 4hrs and having a small team stay late to finish thing up is way better pay wise and plus the few tm on the floor all day are more willing to help guests and get them when they know that spending time talking to guest's wont hurt there work load the next day.
On a side note ranting to other stores teams as mad me so much level headed when im at work now

Whenever the STL notices shit getting backed up and OKs 40 hours for some people so we can get clean, I'm happy for like 0.5 seconds until I realize that even with 40 it still blows if I'm the only one there working by myself. What we really need is actual *team* of people who know what they're doing. Like yesterday for example, I was trying to push Halloween POG but there are literally 420 pallets of it, someone tied the POGs before all the fixtures were up and aisles were set, and our plano TL who usually runs the resets with the expertise we need was fucking SCHEDULED OFF. After the unload ETL-log announced that they were giving out flex hours and did anyone want to stay 8 hours or possibly longer, and what do you know every single flow tm except me peaced out at 11am.

3f367c8940af52c9dbcd5566b83199bc.jpg

Sooo I ended up staying until 4:30 (10 hours) and maybe got 5% of the Halloween shit pushed. Electronics chick tried to help out but she kept getting endymed back to the boat every 10 seconds so RIP her. What the fuck is this schedule, we have 750 flex hours to give away and STILL no help? REEEEEEEEEEE

Couldn't find a similar thread so I made one. Flow general thread.

Flow is kinda my path to Zen. I come in early before the store opens, don't have to use my brain at all (it's not functioning anyway) and the flow TL/ETL-LOG is a great leader and chill to work with. I've had many retail jobs and keep ending up in flow/stocking positions because it's basically a "move boxes, acquire money" type deal.

on the flip side though, our flow team and process has come apart at the seams during my time with Target. When I started in late 2015 we had a very big team with a lot of cool, competent people who showed me the ropes and made everything fun. It wasn't without its shitty days, but the ratio of shitty days to good days was roughly 1:50.

now here in April 2018 I am the only OG flow TM left excluding the ETL-LOG. Literally everyone else that I started with has moved on or been termed. That's 95% turnover. About half of the quitters didn't even put in their 2 weeks and just stopped showing up. The replacement hires have ranged from totally useless to passable, but even the okay ones do the absolute minimum they can get away with, refuse to stay late if extra hours are offered, and promptly fuck off at 10AM. The OG crew had a median age of 35 and many were in their late 40s with years of retail experience, but now I'm the oldest flow TM by 10 years, the rest are all 18 - 20 years old and living with their parents (with all the apathy and indifference that entails). It's mind numbing.

p crazy how fast things can go downhill in such a short time.
As an FT, myself, I too love it though I get your pain. My entire team is less than 25 yo, but the amazing thing is we are the most competent out of our entire store. What gets me though is they love to down time us more than anyone else and this last Monday they only had scheduled one person to work the truck. I was there by accident due to forgetting I was supposed to come in at 8 and not 6. (I don't count the tosser) and as a result they had to pull all other departments scheduled to come it at 6 so they can work the truck which was like learning how to read for them, what made it worse was that was the day the new department numbers took affect, so I couldn't educate them on what departments were whose so it turned into a cluster fuck pretty quick. Also, the week before last was the week of our chem sale boost, so we had also then, only one person scheduled to work the truck. All of management had come in to work the truck, (max overload, and 600+ casepacks of just laundry detergent) which was also a huge cluster fuck as I had to keep educating them every 5 minutes because this was like learning how to drive a car for them. I hope they don't do away with Flow Team as that will sure be Target's Achilles heel

I was doing boxes today. A couple rows down two team members were in the same row with their U boats. The whole time they were stocking they were talking. Non stop, no lie. Talking about everything. Personal and work related. With customers all around. I think there is a time and place for employees to talk like that, on break or lunch. Couldnt one of them do another row? I finished my u boat which had about the same amount of theirs it looked like . 40 minutes later they were done.
What's your opinion on this ? Am I being to critical?

I've reminded a couple people on flow that they need to watch the swearing on the salesfloor when the store is open, but they keep on dropping those fucks, shits, goddammits, etc. and it's loud enough to carry over several aisles. Just the other day we were pushing infants hardlines and several of them were having a super graphic conversation about pussy. LUL. I straight up told them that one of these days Karen will come in to shop right after church and hear it and it'll be curtains for them but they don't seem to care, welp

Corporate mandated that all DC's have repacks not only sorted correctly starting August 29th, but also begin sorting them in a more logical sense (try to keep bed sheets in one 3, towels on another). Naturally this means that any small issue of the occasional H&B item in a 4 or whatever we used to have is now so insanely worse i almost think the DC's are doing it on purpose as a "fuck you".

I agree! Yesterday we had a disaster with repacks. About 50% of them had items not even close to what the boxes were marked, or were mixed (for example: softlines, dry market, health and beauty). It was a total mess! And they want us to get this all sorted properly in a timely fashion?

I was doing boxes today. A couple rows down two team members were in the same row with their U boats. The whole time they were stocking they were talking. Non stop, no lie. Talking about everything. Personal and work related. With customers all around. I think there is a time and place for employees to talk like that, on break or lunch. Couldnt one of them do another row? I finished my u boat which had about the same amount of theirs it looked like . 40 minutes later they were done.
What's your opinion on this ? Am I being to critical?
No you are not being too critical, the only time when I talk to other team members (aside from passing by) is when we are working on the exact same job, such as unloading the truck or pushing a specific boat of chems.

Yeah, I lost all faith in corporate altogether. I'm so tempted to reach out to them and convince them to let me run things for a week.

Back