Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition šŸ¤™

Our BTS was not ever mentioned that the results came back beyond "We got the results back." Nothing not a peep.

New truck process, with doubles they work the first one, and just unload on to pallets the 2nd truck and park them on the line to get worked sometime in the future, which was how we got into the nightmare of having freight everywhere that sat for over two months cause then no one actually made sure it got worked. You know FIFO old freight then the new freight..

Fingers crossed that spots realizes how much more money and hours it costs to make this new process work.
Old way only 4 tm might work 40hr weeks to finish truck and do random projects in the back.
New way 8-10 tm work 40hr weeks working just truck nothing extra

That is, if your store even has the sense to add hours at all. A lot of stores will just send people home and let the trucks roll into the next day, forever

Tell me what the best team survey is? I'd like to take a survey and let them really know what I think, but of course will have moved on to something different and better.

the Best Team Survey or BTS (not to be confused with Back to School) is an annual survey that corporate requires all store level team members to fill out, so they can pretend to care. The TL/ETL version has a custom text field where they can type out their thoughts/comments/concerns, while the TM version is just some questions with a set of predefined answers (strongly agree/disagree, etc.) Iā€™m guessing that they donā€™t give us the text field because theyā€™d get 300,000 responses saying ā€œwhere the fuck are my hours @ā€œ

BTS 2018 - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/bts-2018.19104/#post-430995

Stupid question, but don't make you stay and finish it?

Sometimes, but not often enough to matter. ā€œPayroll is too tightā€ most of the time, and my store has been crushing sales this year.

Last edited:
We started the new process today

And I'll admit the store looks cleaner bc our flow team leaves such a mess, but then again that was at 10 am. I'll probably have different words when I do a opening

(Also that clean part doesnt include the dumpster fire that is our BR atm)

I was asked to come in the morning and help with market freight, but I said not, as I classes tomorrow. Also I did not want to work there.

itsajob

Stupid question, but don't make you stay and finish it?

itsajob

Nope, just stack it on a pallet and shove it in receiving. Repeat daily until it takes 3hrs to set the line for the next truck and you have all the valley's of seasonal packed with truck pallets that were never worked, and you are out of pallet spaces cause they are full of salvage or unworked truck push/backstock. Repeat until you can't pull batches, auto's, price change or anything else since you are out of vehicles and almost out of shopping carts.

Nope, just stack it on a pallet and shove it in receiving. Repeat daily until it takes 3hrs to set the line for the next truck and you have all the valley's of seasonal packed with truck pallets that were never worked, and you are out of pallet spaces cause they are full of salvage or unworked truck push/backstock. Repeat until you can't pull batches, auto's, price change or anything else since you are out of vehicles and almost out of shopping carts.
We did that for a week straight before and this was back when we were still doing the old truck unload. And i think we had a total of 3 trucks worth of merch. Just everywhere outside the backroom. We had a visit and there was no room to hide it and not enough flow to try to speed push it all day. So when the big guys saw this they had every store in are district send there flow teams to are store to help us for like a week

Started the new unload process this week and have come clean every truck, however, we have had every flow tm working every truck. Once they start scheduling flow tm's off on truck days i believe the good will turn to sh*t.

Started the new unload process this week and have come clean every truck, however, we have had every flow tm working every truck. Once they start scheduling flow tm's off on truck days i believe the good will turn to sh*t.
Oh it well when we first started we had 3 shifts of flow working 8hr shifts and now were starting to cut hours down to 4hr shifts again and its starting to get bad again

We did that for a week straight before and this was back when we were still doing the old truck unload. And i think we had a total of 3 trucks worth of merch. Just everywhere outside the backroom. We had a visit and there was no room to hide it and not enough flow to try to speed push it all day. So when the big guys saw this they had every store in are district send there flow teams to are store to help us for like a week

Yep try months of that. Then have help come in for a couple days clean it up and the next truck after you get everything cleaned up is straight back to pallets everywhere. Double truck no one to work the second one. Unload on to pallets park them anywhere. Within a week it was like they were never here.

Now that alot of of us have started the new processes now.
How has your start times have changed
We used to unload at 2am and no we unloaded at 4am and are expected to try a 6am unload after 4th Q to see of thats possible to do
Are truck average 2800

Back