The January 2022 Thread -- Welcome to the Disaster Zone

LOL we were all in fulfillment again all day today. And by "all" I mean the 3 of us that weren't scheduled for anything up front. OPU was double it's forecast by 430 at almost 3k and there was over 2k in standard for the 430 deadline. RIP.

It's funny how Target is so bad at math

You cut hours to save money but pay TLs to push product and do OPUs.

This is exacerbated by all the TMs out with COVID.

Last edited:
Whatever leader takes the call should submit to the chatbot (usually HR, but can be any of them). They put in the info, and have the choice to send alert or not. The alert is sent from outside the store. It is taking about a day and a half before we are getting the texts.
They have a choice whether to send an alert? Ha Ha so there may be more cases than I get alerts for! So a store could choose to send only a few or no alerts at all and so employees would think there is no problem in their store and nothing to worry about?! I am going to be laughing about that for some time to come!

They have a choice whether to send an alert? Ha Ha so there may be more cases than I get alerts for! So a store could choose to send only a few or no alerts at all and so employees would think there is no problem in their store and nothing to worry about?! I am going to be laughing about that for some time to come!
We started tracking things internally amoung the tm's.. cause of this reason

Watch your produce/meat orders, it’s forecasting based on last year’s sales and there was a stimulus check.
Ya need a stimulus in order to buy a roast anymore. People act like we ain't got no cows. I still see them! WTF! It's all PETA's doings! Conspiracy!

We are down to two leaders left without covid 😂 i cant. Last count via grape vine is over 25tms out. Who onows how many being tested atm (me being one) so fsr this year is hilarious
our STL is out for reasons one ETL is still on "Vacation" a few "missing" TLs and the odd random several missing non seasonal TMs. the rumor mill is getting dynamic in its response.

oh and we keep having BPs show up so hey they might push some of the freight that keeps rolling from our ever growing back log of canceled trucks

Strangely enough with a large percentage of our store out with "Covid" our stor ran fairly well today and yesterday, its almost like some of these employees are better off not being there.... hmmmm

We don't even have half of our PP2 positions filled, everybody who's been hired the last few months has 'noped' out quickly.

Ours are filled, but about half are nearly useless seasonals that were kept due to lack of bodies.

Hey Joe, 7% inflation. Cool.
Prices rose 7% compared to last December. This is still bad but it is for a year and is definitely dependent on the pandemic recovery. Prices are up .5% for December, mostly in used cars, housing (construction costs) driven by consumer demand, and supply chain issues. May as well say, "Thanks, Obama!" as there was really no correlation between policy and inflation unless you want to wish away the last few years of the pandemic. Sorry to go all econ 101, but this bugs me as much as CNN showing empty shelves and implying we are all gonna die when I believe it is mostly an issue with lack of labor forces to push products. ( see Target Forums) :)

How many unlocated sections is to many for one aisle to have? Is it okay to leave fd delivery until the tm that works there comes back from vacation??

shits on fire, yo

caseless should not be a thing. It is an unobtainable goal in certain areas and should not be forced.

you can random curse words being bellowed in our backroom from all the fuckery that’s back there.

shits on fire, yo

bri bri make it stop. We’re burning the store for OPUs. They’re at best 15% of our sales we’re letting the rest die just so we can have the metrics “look good”.

How many unlocated sections is to many for one aisle to have? Is it okay to leave fd delivery until the tm that works there comes back from vacation??

shits on fire, yo

caseless should not be a thing. It is an unobtainable goal in certain areas and should not be forced.

you can random curse words being bellowed in our backroom from all the fuckery that’s back there.

shits on fire, yo

bri bri make it stop. We’re burning the store for OPUs. They’re at best 15% of our sales we’re letting the rest die just so we can have the metrics “look good”.
I get what your saying but caseless is eventually going to make your backroom far more productive but it may seem and be unrealistic rn. Also 15% is a big number for one area to be and opu is what has allowed target to have a higher growth rate then amazon. Opu priority is not going away. Adding an extra 30 minutes to the goal would be nice though.

Back