Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week on flow, these were the trucks we took at our store, which is supposedly low volume, with a team of 17 people:

Monday: 2,265
Tuesday: 2,283
Wednesday: 2,698
Friday: 2,402

My store had to call the cops to remove a bum wanting to charge/use his laptop overnight in Starbucks while the store is closed.

We had a guy try to sneak into the backroom and climb up into the steel where we keep the baby mattresses in order to sleep. Kinda felt bad for the guy...

So!

Not to brag, but I'm good at my job. I'm a better BRTM than the majority of the people we have, save like 3 other people.
Because of this, I'm usually scheduled to close backroom with one of the other good BRTMs 4 - 5 days a week, because we actually get stuff done!

But, it's gotten to the point where they think we're friggin' magical elves or something, and keep leaving more and more stuff for us to do! Usually it's just some backstock, maybe the audit, but nothing too serious.

But no, today was a total mess.
23NMaXB.jpg
lpGpr26.jpg
WJm725M.jpg
USFCd7k.jpg
fdgTRkX.jpg
ovZ4QrW.jpg
WyYiqmw.jpg
BWFNthl.jpg
4mVjdnw.jpg
AND THAT'S JUST THE BACKSTOCK THEY LEFT US!

We also had two more cages of cardboard, a full bailer, and the majory of Instocks' batches to pull and push
I'm just about done here.

Oh, and not to mention I'm still keyed in as a cashier, so I don't even get paid properly for putting up with this shit.

@PullMonkey

That's all? Can we trade backrooms? The past few weeks it's gotten so bad that every single aisle had backstock at the end of it, and a few had vehicles of backstock shoved down them. Every time they run out of vehicles, they pile shit from one onto another. Shit falls on the floor and nobody even bothers to pick it up because there's nowhere to put it where it won't fall.

We badly need more TMs...

@PullMonkey

That's all? Can we trade backrooms? The past few weeks it's gotten so bad that every single aisle had backstock at the end of it, and a few had vehicles of backstock shoved down them. Every time they run out of vehicles, they pile shit from one onto another. Shit falls on the floor and nobody even bothers to pick it up because there's nowhere to put it where it won't fall.

We badly need more TMs...
How many people do you usually have working at it at one time? We have in total 4 or 5 BRTMS working any given day, and not all at the same time.

Whatever Flow doesn't get done in the morning usually falls to the Backroom to finish. It's ridiculous.

How many people do you usually have working at it at one time? We have in total 4 or 5 BRTMS working any given day, and not all at the same time.

Whatever Flow doesn't get done in the morning usually falls to the Backroom to finish. It's ridiculous.
We generally have 2-3 TMs 6-230, 2 more from 6-8 (and then they go to flow, Instocks, or SFS), 1 TM 8-430, and the closer 130-10. I jump in when I get caught up on SFS (anytime between 8 and 12).

It's mostly the same team (minus a TL) that we had when we were getting 3-4 trucks a week at the beginning of last year. Except now we are taking 5-6 most weeks.

Does a TL or ETL have the right to bitch you out if you don't answer your phone on your day off? In my opinion, you aren't obligated to help Target in any way on your day off. Bubba in the backroom gets sick or doesn't want to work and I'm always getting calls on my days off. Why can't one of the lazy asses from the morning backroom team cover a noon to 8pm or 830pm shift? I just don't get it. Some people at the store I'm at are just some of the laziest people I've ever met. It's not going to kill them to work a closing shift.

So, we're have abnormally high temperatures right now and the amount of people asking for fans every shift I have is so high. I probably get at least 5 an hour, every shift and they get shocked when I say we're sold out. And I probably every couple hours, I get asked if we sell an A/C unit and they get astonished when I say we don't. It's funny (to me, at least).

Also, another thing... there was these group of guys that kept opening the basketball "boxes" while I was zoning tonight. I just asked CIHYFS and they said no, but they continued to do it. I came back 30 minutes and find my perfectly zoned area littered with basketballs outside of their "boxes". This was my first time in C-block. I have decided that I much prefer domestics, I've never worked dry market before. Or any other part of hardlines. Today/tonight was my fourth day.

When guests are doing something like that, I will ask them if they're planning on buying the item. And if not, I'll say please do not open the merchandise then. If they continue, I walkie AP.

So, we're have abnormally high temperatures right now and the amount of people asking for fans every shift I have is so high. I probably get at least 5 an hour, every shift and they get shocked when I say we're sold out. And I probably every couple hours, I get asked if we sell an A/C unit and they get astonished when I say we don't. It's funny (to me, at least).
Tell 'em to check online with Home Depot or Lowes. That's where I found a replacement tower fan/heater for MIL during the off-season.

Does a TL or ETL have the right to bitch you out if you don't answer your phone on your day off? In my opinion, you aren't obligated to help Target in any way on your day off. Bubba in the backroom gets sick or doesn't want to work and I'm always getting calls on my days off. Why can't one of the lazy asses from the morning backroom team cover a noon to 8pm or 830pm shift? I just don't get it. Some people at the store I'm at are just some of the laziest people I've ever met. It's not going to kill them to work a closing shift.

Haha some people treat a closing shift like a disease...especially TMs who ONLY work mornings. Ive had some BR TMs always question why this wasnt done or this and that from the closing BR TM. IM like....have you ever actually closed before...no? ok then be quiet

Ya I mean..why WOULDNT we have an AC unit in october...

When guests are doing something like that, I will ask them if they're planning on buying the item. And if not, I'll say please do not open the merchandise then. If they continue, I walkie AP.

Okay, thanks.. It's my fourth shift and I really don't know the know the protocol.. But opening every box just seemed weird. I didn't have at the walkie a the time - I guess I could borrow a fellow TM's.

I had someone return a room a/c last week...3 days from the 90 day cut off...claimed it didn't cool well enough.

Yeah, right. Glad we could rent that out for free to you!

This summer we had a big group of Russian and Eastern European people come in who thought that they could just purchase bikes for transportation in the summer and return them towards the end of the three months when they were finished with them. It took around 25 minutes to convince them that we aren't a rental agency and that we wouldn't accept the return on the bike if it looks like it had been used and there was nothing mechanically wrong with it. They just kept saying "But it's fine as long as we bring it back within 90 days!" ugh.

LOL. I have no idea if you're being serious. But do we really sell AC units (in the summer months)? I always referred them to Home Depot or Lowes...is that bad?

Yes we sell AC from like late spring through summer. Why would we sell AC units when its starting to be cold and raining and then snowing

Am I missing a reason why you would need an AC from mid october into the winter?

We should have heating units going into that spot soon, or they might allready be there. I would have to check when I go in today

Last edited:
This summer we had a big group of Russian and Eastern European people come in who thought that they could just purchase bikes for transportation in the summer and return them towards the end of the three months when they were finished with them. It took around 25 minutes to convince them that we aren't a rental agency and that we wouldn't accept the return on the bike if it looks like it had been used and there was nothing mechanically wrong with it. They just kept saying "But it's fine as long as we bring it back within 90 days!" ugh.

Gotta love people who take advantage of a rule that clearly wasnt intended for the situation they have in mind..sigh

Yes we sell AC from like late spring through summer. Why would we sell AC units when its starting to be cold and raining and then snowing

Am I missing a reason why you would need an AC from mid october into the winter?

We should have heating units going into that spot soon, or they might allready be there. I would have to check when I go in today

AC in October - live in Los Angeles. You need AC year round.

AC in October - live in Los Angeles. You need AC year round.

Yes. I second this. Especially this godforsaken heatwave. This weather right now needs to look at the calendar. And I feel like the A/C at my store isn't working right or just has it at like the minimum temperature, because TMs and guests always say how warm it is in the store. I just want to pretend like I'm zoning in the fridge sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back