Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha some people treat a closing shift like a disease...especially TMs who ONLY work mornings. Ive had some BR TMs always question why this wasnt done or this and that from the closing BR TM. IM like....have you ever actually closed before...no? ok then be quiet

Closing is cancer. It sucks ass

I've been asked about the fans on a daily since I started working. People get so bent outta shape about it. You'd think we would stock things regionally. We bought multiple high quality fans since we use them in every room of the house, all year. But we had to buy them through Amazon. Gotta love that So Cal weather! Not!

Gulf coast only gets a few weeks of anything resembling winter so the fans are popular nearly year-round down here.

Yes. I second this. Especially this godforsaken heatwave. This weather right now needs to look at the calendar. And I feel like the A/C at my store isn't working right or just has it at like the minimum temperature, because TMs and guests always say how warm it is in the store. I just want to pretend like I'm zoning in the fridge sometimes.

Corporate likes to do that. My SFT has had to call them and have them change it multiple times and then it just goes back. One summer it was so miserable and we had tons of guests complaints

Today we had a TM come in straight from the bar it seams. Seemed alright when he arrived but I guess the alcohol caught up with him and we found him asleep in the backroom on a PIPO pallet of Bounty. o_O
I remember something similar happening at my old store. The TM ended up falling asleep in one of the bathrooms.

Spent way longer than I'd like trying to find that gold cart that's on the front page of the ad. Couldn't find a spot for it on the floor, item search was a piece of shit so I couldn't get a DCPI, apparently we don't have a black and white in the store, etc. Only for somebody to help me by searching for "cart" which I hadn't done because I'd been trying to look up tables!

Then we find out its clearance and sold out with the nearest ones a 30+ minute drive to another store. With two on hand, aka "Maybe there's one left. Maybe."

Also trying to separate the taupe and ivory bedsheets so I can clear one of them off the drastics is sooo much fun. I can't tell what the difference is between the two except by scanning every single one in the size I'm looking for!

Today we had a TM come in straight from the bar it seams. Seemed alright when he arrived but I guess the alcohol caught up with him and we found him asleep in the backroom on a PIPO pallet of Bounty. o_O
Count your blessings-nothing to clean up:confused:

Spent way longer than I'd like trying to find that gold cart that's on the front page of the ad. Couldn't find a spot for it on the floor, item search was a piece of shit so I couldn't get a DCPI, apparently we don't have a black and white in the store, etc. Only for somebody to help me by searching for "cart" which I hadn't done because I'd been trying to look up tables!
Pull up the Ad on the Target app and click on the picture.

SO.... this lady or vendor/visitor (?)... saw me popping a Halls candy in my mouth and she was like.. you like candy? I was like, yeah? And she was like, I'm the Lindt lady... and then she proceeds to give me a Lindt truffle and I graciously accept and thank her. I, of course, accept and put it in my pocket and not eat it because I have a Halls in my mouth. Throughout my entire shift I COMPLETELY forget about it. I didn't have a MyDevice holster, so I just shoved my MyDevice in that pocket all throughout my shift and lunch, etc. When I finally takeout my MyDevice and reach into my pocket, I'm like... why the hell does it feel damp?! The damn thing had BURST! So for the remainder of my shift (it was 8.5 hours, remaining was like 4 hours), I had this NASTY BROWN SPOT on my khakis. I felt so nasty and gross. I'm just so glad I didn't put it in my back pocket.

Everyone involved at our store who decided moving the flow TMs who handle FDC trucks under Consumables was a good idea is a fucking idiot. We're on day one of this bold new plan and while I have little to do with pushing food truck I'm already done. Partly because now I get to hear even more venting from the people who have to deal with the mess in market and because I'm expecting it to make my job harder.

They've taken a team that could pretty much run itself and put it in the hands of idiots who can't leave well enough alone.

We have a fair amount of crazy stuff happen, but it's not all bad crazy, some of it's good crazy.

For instance, my store typically does 5 trucks a week, 4am start time, but a couple weeks ago we had a truck added on a Wednesday after the schedule had been posted, so nobody was scheduled for Flow that morning. In the end, a little over half of our usual team agreed to come in. We had 15 or 16 people out of the usual 24 or so.

Surprise! The truck comes in and it's just shy of 2700 pieces. We kicked it into high gear and we got that monster done 10 minutes early, save for the three pallets of Halloween candy that our STL asked us to leave in the back for dayside to take care of, and even got started on go-backs before we booked it at 8. I haven't seen that level of hustle in a while, it felt good.

It was my first shift and people where trying to buy diapers using a whole stack of coupons and half of them didn't work so the canceled the transaction

Welcome to the world of coupon scammers.
They always head for new cashiers hoping to bully them into accepting their bogus coupons, overriding limits & offering to 'help'.
Sounds like they didn't succeed & NEVER take advice from a couponer.
If you're not sure, call over your GSA/GSTL & the scammer will usually back down.

Almost dropped a bike on my face today and bent my glasses just enough that I can still wear them but need to get new ones ASAP. Looking back, I think I was trying to put the bike back the wrong way and thus lost control for a moment.

We have a fair amount of crazy stuff happen, but it's not all bad crazy, some of it's good crazy.

For instance, my store typically does 5 trucks a week, 4am start time, but a couple weeks ago we had a truck added on a Wednesday after the schedule had been posted, so nobody was scheduled for Flow that morning. In the end, a little over half of our usual team agreed to come in. We had 15 or 16 people out of the usual 24 or so.

Surprise! The truck comes in and it's just shy of 2700 pieces. We kicked it into high gear and we got that monster done 10 minutes early, save for the three pallets of Halloween candy that our STL asked us to leave in the back for dayside to take care of, and even got started on go-backs before we booked it at 8. I haven't seen that level of hustle in a while, it felt good.

I want to work at your store. A flow team that get shit done sounds magical. Yesterday we made unload goal for the first time in a long while instead of finishing 10 minutes after and none of our trucks are over 2200 right now. I don't know what is going on; we'll haul ass for half a truck then suddenly it crashes to a halt.

Wait your store can nail a 2700 piece truck with 16 people in 4 hours? Lol our store would be lucky to get off the floor with 16 people in 4 hours let alone get repacks and autos. What you gonna do? Can't let go of people because already short a full team every time we hire people half the group just quits in the first two weeks or turn out to be bad.

Those who are good tend to switch work centers.

Last edited:
So I'm one of two people who are basically the dedicated backroom closers. Most of the time we close together, but a few times a week it'll just be one of us closing.

When we close together, we've gotten the reputation of getting a lot of stuff done, so they like having us back there.

Problem is, since we can obviously handle so much, we've become the cleanup crew.

Oh, Flow team didn't touch pfresh, didn't backstock, and left boxes and carts full of product on the back walls. Hey, you two can get all that finished right?

This is on top of CAFs, all the OTHER backstocking, the audit, pulls for guests, flexes, etc.

Oh, not to mention we have two tubs full of repack boxes full of all the stuff pulled after the entertainment reset
They wanted all that backstocked as well before the MIR scan.

Best part? They ACTUALLY THING WE CAN FINISH ALL THIS!
Seriously. The TM I close with got pulled into the office the other day and yelled at because we didn't finish.

What a fucking joke.

I don't want to say that I hate my store's backroom or their TL or the whole damn store but I am coming very, very close. Let me show you why!
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/3Jab2dO.jpg[/timg]
That's two flats and a smart cart of electronics/entertainment backstock that have been there at least a week, maybe two at this point. The stack of repacks right in front of the door was new this morning. Not sure are the flatbed, tub and two or three smart carts of assorted backstock sitting in the stockroom itself. And the pile of CAFs sitting on the floor from yesterday, including two shippers and their tablets, which I zeroed out last week. I don't know where those came from because they weren't there yesterday when I was helping backstock E+E (until the other guy kicked me out so he could train a prettier TM how to backstock it. That's cool, I cleared out a couple of vehicles of stationery waiting for that to wrap up).

Decided to jump back into that today after seeing the pile of repacks. Told the LOD that was more important than endcaps or PTMs or whatever they had the rest of instocks do. Except they kept bugging me to work in endcaps, or reshop or just one pull please? Nonononono. Just let me work in peace, please.

Managed to get two carts and a few repacks out of there today. Including a box of MIRs and recall except apparently that shit still needs to be backstocked first before it can be processed? Whatever, the iPod won't let me STO it, so out of my the stockroom it goes. Deal with it, receiver.

I'm instocks for fuck's sake, this is not something I should be trying to fix. Except it doesn't feel like anybody else is going to jump to it anytime soon aside from halfassed efforts. And yet tomorrow I'll probably try and get back in there again. If anything else, its good motivation to find a better job.

We had roughly 20 people to work out a 2300 piece truck.

Lucky bastard! Our store might have 15 people to work a truck that size (maybe). When I'm lucky, I have a second person on the back of the line and five people on the front with two unloaders and one checker. Then four or so to run palettes and start bowling. Saturday, we did 16 palettes of xmas transitional and Tuesday was 8 palettes of xmas trees. Our br is packed solid. I need a crowbar to backstock anything at this point! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back