Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That damn customer comes in 10 minutes until closing says he only needs 1 thing......which turns into 20 because "might as well already here".

I hate you with a passion.

Agreed, always one way to move them along is tell them we are pulling the register drawers in a few minutes. Sometimes it works.

Yep the water in those pipes is nasty. You will have that crap leaching out from the under the gondolas for a few days.

Let me guess, the kids parents were not with them.

Lots of parents are there but don't give a damn about what the child is doing as long as the child is not interrupting their shopping.

All I can think of is "There but for the grace of god....." as there was a kid near the fitting rooms doing the same exact thing today.

We got a new sign up at TSC saying that if we make redcard goal for the month of June, everyone in the store gets breakfast cooked by our STL and ETL-GE.

875 redcards, y'all. Remodel is in progress too so it's not happening.

If you're going to insult me, then kindly put me on ignore and never comment on my posts again.
That was not an insult , it was just my observation. I am sorry that I offended you, but what you said was not normal. It was cringe-filled made my skin crawl. Like, W,T,F.

#1 Rule of The Break Room is we can disagree but we don't insult each other.
Don't call someone names (this includes pussy and loser) or the hammer will be dropped.

I'm kind of tired of having to mention this.
The Break Room is for venting about the job, supporting each other, and giving honest (sometimes brutal) opinions, only if members ask for them.

Mostly follow Wheaton's Law: Don't Be A Dick.
What terms would you suggest we use? Sometimes words like pussy and loser are necessary. what would be alternate,acceptable words to use in above mentioned situations? This is a serious question, I am new to this forum.

What terms would you suggest we use? Sometimes words like pussy and loser are necessary. what would be alternate,acceptable words to use in above mentioned situations? This is a serious question, I am new to this forum.

If you don't have the vocabulary to talk to people without using words like that to describe them then might I suggest stepping back from the conversation entirely?
Like I said, it is fine to disagree but we don't call each other names.
Kind of the way you wouldn't do that at work.

Had to call in sick Tuesday which has put me so far behind. Was making okay progress yesterday on getting through those MIRs when today happens. Guess we had a visit so everyone throws their shit in receiving and I get to spend most of my shift trying to carve out a workable space. And loading a sweep when I can except that's hard to do when this fucking softlines end-to-end means there's racks and carts everywhere I'd normally stage things or move power equipment through. Almost forgot to take care of a recall MIR in my last half hour and the merch sweep? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nope.

But hey, at least I didn't do anything stupid and almost break something. Again.

We're supposed to get a new ETL-LOG any day now and I am very interested in meeting them.

Maybe don't come into the thread about venting and insult people who are venting? That's just me though.

Last edited:
Did they get an incident report filled out?
Could've taken a little steam out of the guy but it sounds like he'd rather scream at a woman.
If she said "oops" & walked off that would've been justifiable but, it he walked thru it before anyone had a chance to clean it up, it's a bit much.
Look for him to come back with a lawsuit against your store.
We had a guy kind of do that. He was walking with earbuds in, looking at his phone, and someone dropped a bag of flour about 2' away from him. He was too preoccupied with his damn phone to even notice what had happened and didn't hear her when she yelled "watch out!" Flour is slippy as hell on a tile floor, so he, of course, fell, his phone went flying and shattered. He got up, slipped again, and started screaming and cursing like a sailor at her from the floor. It was utter chaos and the cops actually had to be called to calm the situation down. I heard he TRIED to file a lawsuit against the store, but got nowhere with it because the cameras showed the store wasn't negligent. Also heard he then sued the woman, but not sure what happened there.

That was not an insult , it was just my observation. I am sorry that I offended you, but what you said was not normal. It was cringe-filled made my skin crawl. Like, W,T,F.
Can I ask what was so "not normal" & "cringe filled" about what he said? I read it twice and can't see it???o_O "Ann" sounds like a lazy bitch, "Frank" sounds like a douchebag, & what's wrong with having an issue with that?

Can I ask what was so "not normal" & "cringe filled" about what he said? I read it twice and can't see it???o_O "Ann" sounds like a lazy bitch, "Frank" sounds like a douchebag, & what's wrong with having an issue with that?
Disgusting.

So I've mentioned in a previous discussion that there's team members that are getting 4-5 days while I'm stuck with 3. I brought it up then, and they said those employees were more important. One I brought up (I'll call her Ann) only separates HBA repacks and works in cosmetics. Occasionally she does stationary, but recently that's been going to electronics. I've had problems with Ann over the years, such as watching her shop on the clock, sitting around doing nothing, or yelling at me for making sure product was stocked properly. Basically, if she put something on the shelf, and I remove it as I pass through the aisle, she cries about it. She also passes jobs over to people she doesn't want to do, and what she does do, is very poor. Bowls everything randomly into aisles, overstocks shelves and just plain stocks wherever she finds a spot. Yeah...for some reason she's more important to the team and needs more hours than me.

That being said.

The other night I was asked to work spot 1 on the line, which includes electronics, pharmacy and HBA. She came to the back room to put a pallet jack under the pharmacy pallet (that's where we put all the repacks for that area), and SAT on a pallet of water under the steel for 20 minutes waiting for the pallet to fill to what she felt was acceptable to pull. Meanwhile every other person grabbing pallets to bowl was being told "Just take it! Don't wait for it to fill! Get it to the floor!". Was she told the same? No.
I have my own way of stacking a pallet. I fill the base and work upward. A few other people take the approach of building a wall on one side of the pallet, and then filling the rest. This is big pain in the behind when you come back to grab another pallet to bowl. Oh look, a full pallet! Oh wait....it's just a wall. If I lift that, the whole thing will turn sideways and fall over.
So I already have enough on the pallet the way I do it that it's about a foot tall. What does she do? Starts re-stacking my pallet! I can't ask her to stop, because she'll go cry to the managers that I'm talking back to her, and stand behind them with her arms crossed while I get chewed out. I have been telling management to tell her to stop doing this, and they just ignore it.

Stationary is right across from MMB, so when Ann is working over there, she places any coloring books that may have arrived in stationary repacks on a front endcap near the movies. She won't say if she put them there, and she doesn't care if I'm already done with the department. She flat out refuses to put them away herself. Monday I wasn't working in that department, and I had this exchange.
Ann: I have books. You push.
Me: Chris is working electronics, and he's been finished for an hour. You do it. They're right on that back wall.
Ann: No, I no do books.
Me: And it's not my job to do the stuff you feel you don't want to do. *walks away*

About 15 minutes toward the end of the shift, I was asked by my TL to go put the books away. When I asked why the guy who originally did that department couldn't do it, they ignored me.

Oh, and a quick thing about Chris and Frank (again, names changed). Frank was one of our TLs, and not a very good one. He started making rude comments to people, including myself. Which I went to HR about. You don't point to someone's face in front of others and announce that something looks like a cold sore.
Chris clocked in at 10:01, well within the allowed time, and wasn't late. He gets to the backroom to help with the truck, and Frank confronts him in front of all the people standing on the line, and the people waiting to bowl.
Frank: Chris! You can not continue being late!
Chris: I wasn't late
Frank: Yes you were! If you're late one more time, I'm having you written up.
*I step in* Me: HEY! You can NOT talk to him like that in front of the whole team. If you need reprimand him about something, you do it away from everyone else.
Frank: What's your problem? I'm making an example.
Me: And you can't do that. Walk away.
*walking away* Frank: You're being written up.
Me: Try it. Neither one of us are going to sign it. This is harassment.

Neither one of us got written up, and Frank no longer works for the company.

For the record, no this isn't odd or creepy. This is behavior I have seen before. Solution for Ann, next time she does it, and HR doesn't response, wait until DTL comes in and talk to him/her about it while doing walk around. Either you will discover why she is being shielded or she will get reprimanded because It makes the ETLs look bad.

Also having done the line myself. Its back to front, heavy to light, large to small. Me If I saw her sit down while everyone was pulling I would told her to pull something, anything. Next time she does that, You don't do the line again.

We had a guy kind of do that. He was walking with earbuds in, looking at his phone, and someone dropped a bag of flour about 2' away from him. He was too preoccupied with his damn phone to even notice what had happened and didn't hear her when she yelled "watch out!" Flour is slippy as hell on a tile floor, so he, of course, fell, his phone went flying and shattered. He got up, slipped again, and started screaming and cursing like a sailor at her from the floor. It was utter chaos and the cops actually had to be called to calm the situation down. I heard he TRIED to file a lawsuit against the store, but got nowhere with it because the cameras showed the store wasn't negligent. Also heard he then sued the woman, but not sure what happened there.

It would also go nowhere because he had no standing.

On the ann is a lazy bitch, she is and that doesn't make it in my store either. All I needed to get someone kicked off the line for 3 months was for them do pull an poorly stacked chem pallet. 'If you can't do it right and fast, you can go bowl' He wasn't put on the e2e group. His hours are shit because they push out the 6 am unloaders before 11.

AS for Frank, yes there is this one flow tm that though it would be a good idea to not give the team breaks and I overheard it. So I told ETL hr about this and how the team just decided this. This I told this story about how another state which has different labor laws caught another person in another store doing this and fined them a crapload of money. He believed it and Flow TL never did that again. He also left 2 months later, went to macys

So having bad apples is common. Dealing with them is the issue. I could tell you all about how my chaotic bitch of a reciever is and how she almost broke a tv one time, but I chose to not.

I wasn't going to respond. Why am I responding?

I can only think of two reasons for Planosss' reaction, playing dumb about being nasty to others, and defending their stance.
1) Planosss is either Ann or Frank and recognized the situations.
2) Planosss is just a troll poking away to cause a reaction.

Either way, that's my last word on the matter.

So a couple days ago my husband came home from helping a friend move injured, could hardly walk. Next morning he couldn't put wait on his foot and it was extremely swollen. So I called in with a family emergency and brought him to the Dr. Get done at the doctors office and go home. I had to run to work to grab meds and a few things, plus I wanted to talk to my etl/to about making up the lost hours, since I had to bring my husband to another Dr appointment. Well all management was in a meeting with the DTL and VML. Of course I walk by everyone on my way to check out. Two days later right as I punch in I get pulled into the office by my ETL telling me that if there are any scheduling conflicts that she would like to know so there isn't another issue. I ask her if she was told that I called in with a family emergency and her response was "yes, but I feel like because we got into a little disagreement you were getting back at back me and playing hookie." Also side note this said ETL is 23 years old.

'Playing hookie'?
Show her a pic of your husband's foot & mention it was purely 'coincidental' that your husband injured his foot just after your 'disagreement.'

Last edited:
So a couple days ago my husband came home from helping a friend move injured, could hardly walk. Next morning he couldn't put wait on his foot and it was extremely swollen. So I called in with a family emergency and brought him to the Dr. Get done at the doctors office and go home. I had to run to work to grab meds and a few things, plus I wanted to talk to my etl/to about making up the lost hours, since I had to bring my husband to another Dr appointment. Well all management was in a meeting with the DTL and VML. Of course I walk by everyone on my way to check out. Two days later right as I punch in I get pulled into the office by my ETL telling me that if there are any scheduling conflicts that she would like to know so there isn't another issue. I ask her if she was told that I called in with a family emergency and her response was "yes, but I feel like because we got into a little disagreement you were getting back at back me and playing hookie." Also side note this said ETL is 23 years old.

'Playing hookie'?
Show her a pick of your husband's foot & mention it was purely 'coincidental' that your husband injured his foot just after your 'disagreement.'

ERs give discharge instructions that have the date and I think the time of discharge. Photocopy those and bring the copy in, give it to HR and say that you want it attached to your file to explain the absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back