Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a couple days ago my husband came home from helping a friend move injured, could hardly walk. Next morning he couldn't put wait on his foot and it was extremely swollen. So I called in with a family emergency and brought him to the Dr. Get done at the doctors office and go home. I had to run to work to grab meds and a few things, plus I wanted to talk to my etl/to about making up the lost hours, since I had to bring my husband to another Dr appointment. Well all management was in a meeting with the DTL and VML. Of course I walk by everyone on my way to check out. Two days later right as I punch in I get pulled into the office by my ETL telling me that if there are any scheduling conflicts that she would like to know so there isn't another issue. I ask her if she was told that I called in with a family emergency and her response was "yes, but I feel like because we got into a little disagreement you were getting back at back me and playing hookie." Also side note this said ETL is 23 years old.
If your state has a sick pay law you could request to be paid for the time spent running your husband around. And they couldn't coach you.

ERs give discharge instructions that have the date and I think the time of discharge. Photocopy those and bring the copy in, give it to HR and say that you want it attached to your file to explain the absence.
Sadly we didn't go to the DR, we went to a clinic and we didn't get any sort of paper work, but I'm going to look at the bill when it comes and see if the box with the brace and ace bandage have a date on it.

Sadly we didn't go to the DR, we went to a clinic and we didn't get any sort of paper work, but I'm going to look at the bill when it comes and see if the box with the brace and ace bandage have a date on it.

Don't wait for the bill. Have your husband get a copy of his medical records immediately. There may be a nominal fee, no more than a couple of bucks. But the records will be dated.

Does it even matter if it is explained? During my performance reviews they always lump all my call outs together.

Does it even matter if it is explained? During my performance reviews they always lump all my call outs together.

Yes. You could even see if this can qualify for FMLA.. Then their ain't shit they can do. When my husband had his accident(broken bones, surgery, unable to drive for two months) all my days off and schedule changes were charged off to this.

Get with your HR and explain she accused you of faking this and you are offended and glad it was something minor but that had it been major it would be a disgusting way for an ETL to treat an employee having an emergency. It's also accusing you of retaliation. If you want to push it there. But I think its just a baby ETL who doesn't know what being an adult means yet.

I think it does. I am disabled and the first time I had to call out because of problems with that, they said something about how I could either get my doctor to fill out some forms or just let it be lumped with other call-outs.

Partner with your HRTM. For callouts with doctors notes we can put a comment on your attendance file that says "doctors note/emergency etc"

When you are coached or out on CA for attendance they have to reference your file and you can point to the date and the HR comment that says "doctors note"

Also it helps to be in a sick pay state. It's against the law to coach on attendance for days you use sick pay

They'll probably be fired in a couple weeks when it's found out that 78 were fraudulent applications.
Well if it is, it hasn't happened yet because the kid gets the most redcards out of everyone everyday. Or no one is investigating it.

No they didn't

The ETL-GE said he did in the huddle and after we closed it, we went over and told him congratulations. :confused:

I call B.S.. no way to legitimately get that many without telling folks it's a rewards or discount card.

True, I'm surprised no one is investigating it. Instead, the cashier was made a trainer.

The most I've ever had in a shift is 10, and I'm pretty awesome. I don't believe 80 for a second .

The most I've had in a shift is 3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ my average is probably like .000000000000000000000000000016 or something... because most shifts I get 0.

Where I'm at, a SuperT in a small town (8k people only) it seems like everyone either has one or really doesn't want one... it's hard where I'm at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back