Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Saturday and Monday, we received ~30 pallets worth of BTS transition. None of it got sorted because both days there was just one person in the backroom.

Today was the second day of the metered unload process that our flow team is now doing, and we took a double. It was one of the biggest clusterfucks that I've witnessed in the few years I've worked here.

They had three people on the line, one thrower, and one pusher/pallet puller. It took them over 6 hours to finish unloading, including having to stop and clock out for lunch. When they finished unloading, they had filled every single black pallet, flat, and uboat in the store.

The line was still completely full when I left, and the LOD will have to somehow clear it to set the line for another truck tomorrow.

They are going to roll a truck.. Cause they will spend the first couple hours pushing and then condensing down the backstock so they can have vehicles to unload the new truck on to. That is going to be super slow.. They are going to have to have the entire store pushing and their most badass backstock people just slamming stuff out to clear vehicles to be able to unload the new truck..

That cluster fuck is going to last a few days..

They are going to roll a truck.. Cause they will spend the first couple hours pushing and then condensing down the backstock so they can have vehicles to unload the new truck on to. That is going to be super slow.. They are going to have to have the entire store pushing and their most badass backstock people just slamming stuff out to clear vehicles to be able to unload the new truck..

That cluster fuck is going to last a few days..
They got a lot worked out, and grocery actually came clean so we have pallets and uboats. It's really just a couple of areas that are going to be having problems. At worst, those areas won't get caught up until Thursday when we don't have a truck. But I'm still not sure what the plan is for taking care of backstock. Or when/if the rest of the transition can be sorted.

We had a brunch for meeting AND exceeding redcard goal for the whole month of June by 124 today. The STL also announced that he is leaving - I'd be sad about it if I actually knew the guy but he's only been here for 7 months and he's one of those who just sits in the office and ocassionally comes out.

ETL-LOG is starting to hand out "demerits" to vendors now. What does that mean? I don't know and neither do they because they haven't figured out that part yet. If only there was some sort of already existing scoring system that could be used to grade vendors on their performance.

Lol vendors don't need demerits...tell them there's a problem and when it needs to be fixed by. It they don't do it, refuse their next order and wait for their boss to call. I take way too much glee in doing that.

Sounds like your new ETL isn't going to be much of an improvement...

Lol vendors don't need demerits...tell them there's a problem and when it needs to be fixed by. It they don't do it, refuse their next order and wait for their boss to call. I take way too much glee in doing that.

Sounds like your new ETL isn't going to be much of an improvement...
I'll say this about the new ETL. They aren't the old one. So far.

I guess they let somebody new work on defectives last night, found my ESIM sort bin full of things that were A) Not ESIM, B) Missing the sticker, C) Poorly bagged or D) All of the above. Mostly D.

This guest was literally throwing a fit and calling names at one of the TLs today because we supposedly never have the type of cat food he likes in stock. o_O

The guest was so bad that she called over the LOD (my favorite dude) and let him handle the situation. The guest was telling him how he'll call corporate and take his business elsewhere, he just told him go ahead and to have fun shopping at Walmart. :D

A vendor asked if I could set up a transfer to another store for some of his product. I almost went through with it before I realized that was probably a terrible, terrible idea. So we did a credit and he grumbled about that a little.

Later I almost yelled something like "Don't you fucking dare" at the new cart attendant when I showed him where to put ESIM in receiving and he said "Just throw it in here?" I was still a little twitchy from having to clean up the sideways bottle of Eucalyptus Mint-scented Hell somebody dropped in there over the weekend. Stopped myself and very carefully asked him to put things in there carefully. Upright. So that nothing spills. Please.

They do bag it. But thanks to an unholy combination of GS having shit-quality ESIM bags (seriously, they're thinner than mine), using too small a bag and somebody putting the leaking bottle on its side, it got everywhere.

I probably need to talk to the new GSTL about this, along with once again getting his team to use zip-ties instead of just tying a knot in the bag.

A vendor asked if I could set up a transfer to another store for some of his product. I almost went through with it before I realized that was probably a terrible, terrible idea. So we did a credit and he grumbled about that a little.
Later I almost yelled something like "Don't you fucking dare" at the new cart attendant when I showed him where to put ESIM in receiving and he said "Just throw it in here?" I was still a little twitchy from having to clean up the sideways bottle of Eucalyptus Mint-scented Hell somebody dropped in there over the weekend. Stopped myself and very carefully asked him to put things in there carefully. Upright. So that nothing spills. Please.
Vendor knows the credit affects their paycheck but transfer won't. I don't think the system will allow a transfer of vendor product.

@Circle9 nice restraint!

We have a TM at my store who keeps dumping all ESIM into the same sorted bin at some point each weekend. It's been 3 weeks in a row so far, and the GSTL claims to have no clue who it is.

Turns out all the TLs and ETLs of Market are off this weekend.

What I wanna know is how is this even possible? In all the places I've worked, that wouldn't fly. What are they here for if two of the TMs are the ones actually running the show?

In fairness, a good leader shouldn't need to micromanage. Good TMs don't need managers to work freight with them and tell them how to do their jobs. Do your thing and ask LOD if you have a problem.

Turns out all the TLs and ETLs of Market are off this weekend.

What I wanna know is how is this even possible? In all the places I've worked, that wouldn't fly. What are they here for if two of the TMs are the ones actually running the show?

Do you have multiple market team leads? I have never seen a store with more than one. My old store has a food etl and a food team lead , they normally rotated weekends but obviously with vacations that's not always possible.

You guys shouldn't always need one of them there. A PA should be able to run market when the team lead is gone.

Do you have multiple market team leads? I have never seen a store with more than one. My old store has a food etl and a food team lead , they normally rotated weekends but obviously with vacations that's not always possible.

You guys shouldn't always need one of them there. A PA should be able to run market when the team lead is gone.

We have 3 PAs, 2 Market TLs and 2 Market ETLs (one of them was demoted). We are an AAA+ volume store.

PAs don't leave Pfresh so Market is run by two regular TMs who a TL has them do most of their work and be responsible for the rest of the team's morale. Its one thing to empower others but another thing to be straight up lazy.

It feels like the whole store is falling apart today!

In Starbucks, we've been having trouble with one of our main sinks. It frequently growls loudly, whether it's on or not (it sounds like a lot of air knocking in the line somewhere, but apparently it isn't). They've had 2 different people come to try and fix it, and now it's worse--it has next to no water pressure, and of course it's the sink we use any time we need to add cold water to a drink. Every time it growls we have to run over to turn on the tap for a few seconds, or it won't stop, and it's almost too loud to talk over. So that's been going on for like a week now...

This morning, there was a loud THUMP from inside the coffee brewer, and then smoke started coming out the back. I turned it off at the switch, but couldn't see which plug went from it to the wall, or I'd have pulled it. We got a repair guy in a few hours later, and he confirmed that the heating element had burnt itself out. He turned its breaker off at the panel, and of course being a Sunday, it's likely we won't see a new part until late Tuesday or possibly Wednesday.

We did pour-overs for a while, and then just switched to offering Americanos, because it was faster. I think it took at least an hour to get cold brew going, what with the lack of water pressure at the filtered cold tap.

And oh yeah, the main door right next to Starbucks that everyone uses to go to the break room and all the offices has something wrong with its latch/lock, so everyone has to go around through the other door halfway across the store. Not a major thing in itself, but when combined with everything else that's busted or wonky today... I'm glad my shift is over!!
:confused:

Is your PMT behind on work orders?
Sounds like a water pressure problem.
Have they checked the filtration system to rule that out as contributing to water pressure?
Insufficient pressure could've affected the boiler on the brewer, leading it to burn out.
Repetitive work orders may be necessary to get the right people in to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back