Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
8am and softlines breakout not even started.

The two flow softlines people who do the breakout, left at 8:30a. The pallets are still sitting there. We are so fucked.
Try having endless z racks of clothing a permanent part of receiving now.

Or having discussion with current Flow TL over the fact that the 'new' offloaders built an inverted pyramid on a flat for me. he gets pissed because he thinks I am telling he isn't training them. (which he isn't) but I wasn't I was simply pointing out that I eat 30 minutes resorting everything because they cant even read block numbers. the dog and cat food is a simple mound on a pallet. Learned that when the power goes out, the magnets release the doors in the backroom. Learned that yes you can actually miss when everyone was shrink wrapped and put into the steel for transition.

I sware there are certain TMs that if we actually did have sharknados that would be the time they would go out to get carts.

The saga in 'bux continues...

Repairmen came to fix both the front sink and the coffee brewer at the same time. We basically closed for about an hour, because the water to the espresso machine had to be turned off, and we couldn't do anything without literally having to step over one of the service guys, so it wasn't really safe.

The sink is fixed now, although the tap levers are a bit wonky. But it works.

The brewer actually had two burnt out parts--the main control fried, which in turn fried the heating element. Unfortunately, the former wasn't discovered until repairing the latter. So another request into corporate, and another wait. That all got wrapped up on my days off.

Today, our lead got an unexpected shower from one of the dish sink faucets. It now likes to spray regardless of whether or not its tap is actually turned on. It generally isn't too bad, but it's enough that you can't just leave it alone--you have to babysit it, lest it decide to get too enthusiastic and start to overflow or over-spray. We have to crawl under the sinks to open and close the valves on the pipes with a hammer now when we need to do dishes. :confused: Did I mention there were only 3 of us there today on a Saturday, instead of the usual 4? That was fun...

At this point, we're all just generally wondering whether or not Spot pays for exorcisms, and how we should go about trying to get approval for one. o_O

ETL Logistics today: Send this cage back as recycling, it's broken and I can't get it to fold down.
Me, busy cleaning up ESIM because somebody did the Sideways Bleach Trick again: Okay, I'll get to it when I can.

A while later, go to check on the cage and figure out how to get it on a pallet. Find out that it's been folded up. Asked the TM doing trash and his response was pretty much "wait, there was something wrong with it?" So cage isn't sent back because it works about as well as the rest of our banged-up cages (plus if it is going away the PMT wants to strip it of useful parts first) and I'll wait to see if the ETL notices it's still around.

Also I'm behind on MIRs again thanks to ESIM and sweeps and the MIRs being another batch of "work with a unicorn Target Tech" phone returns. We'll see if anybody notices that too.

Today, our lead got an unexpected shower from one of the dish sink faucets. It now likes to spray regardless of whether or not its tap is actually turned on. It generally isn't too bad, but it's enough that you can't just leave it alone--you have to babysit it, lest it decide to get too enthusiastic and start to overflow or over-spray. We have to crawl under the sinks to open and close the valves on the pipes with a hammer now when we need to do dishes. :confused: Did I mention there were only 3 of us there today on a Saturday, instead of the usual 4? That was fun...
Reminds of when one of our soda compressors blew last year.
Heard a bang followed by a fast ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch noise from the soda pumps.
Team lead begins yelling for a bucket &, when I bring it to him, he's covered in dark cola syrup from the chest down while a pump with a ruptured hose is shooting syrup up to the ceiling.

Easier than pushing them????
I wonder because choosing effort required to defect, choose to override destroy and individually bag every single bottle is baffling. Asked the ETL-LOG to look into this and gave them the TM's number. And I want to try and follow up because seriously, what the hell.

This is my problem with the whole end to end process, right here. Market's always mostly handled their defectives and knows what they're doing. Now that cosmetics/HBA is its own thing, I guess they handle their own defectives. But who is training them because it sure isn't the guy who handles ESIM all the fucking time. I followed up with one TM because they weren't zip tying bags and were covering the barcodes. Okay, that's mostly stopped. But this whole thing is a new mess that I did not want to find the time to deal with and I'm probably going to have to spend the next week figuring it out and trying to see it through.

At least until they add another end to end TM and give them the same training the other ones got and we start again. And when chemicals gets their own team? Holy shit, I am already stressed out about that and it hasn't happened yet.

In regards to Flexible Fulfillment.
Softlines merchandise located on the salesfloor, main backroom, receiving (2 separate aisles on pallets/vehicles), and behind fitting room. Use a MyDevice and Zebra RFID. For each DPCI inputted, I have to walk all of the areas mentioned. It takes about 2-3 minutes for the MyDevice to accept a new DPCI. It may take me 5-10 minutes to successfully track a specific product. Completed a few successfully under the hour, however, also failed a couple. Asked why we didn't call for "help" or why we failed to complete in under an hour. There are times where support is not available. Supposed to find all items and complete it under an hour. If more orders drop, better have some good shoes on. I do not like looking for softlines or back to school orders.

OK. Not lazy, just an idiot.
Indeed. And I found somebody else overriding destroying boxes of crayons. Each one missing the tip On. A. Single. Crayon. This is how I feel right now:
S8M65GF.jpg

Today I was chatting with my STL very close to the fitting room when she gets a walkie call from guest service. A guest called the store from the fitting room because she could not get out. We weren't even 10 feet away plus her 7 or 8 yr old daughter was with her. Long story short, she had to slither out underneath.

There was a woman who called, I don't know what her deal was. She had bought a canopy and she said that one of the legs was broken. She wanted to exchange it. I put her on hold, checked and found out we didn't have any more, and told her. I said that a return shouldn't be a problem, I would get Guest Services on the line so they could tell her how a return would work in this case. This is where it got strange. She asked if we could have a new one shipped to her house. I said that she could certainly order a new one on Target.com. She said "Why do I have to do that? Why can't you ship a new one to me?"

Huh? Why is it such a big deal to order on Target.com? I said that we couldn't do that, that she would have to order it on Target.com. She said there was no reason she should have to do that. I responded that we didn't have the capability to just tell Target.com to send it to her, we couldn't just use someone else's account to order it for her, but if she needed assistance in ordering it she was welcome to come in and we would assist her in ordering a new one on Target.com.

She was still insisting that since we sold a broken canopy she shouldn't have to order it, we should just take care of shipping her a new canopy. The back of my mind, I was thinking there had to be some kind of scam going on, because what is the big deal in returning it, getting your money back and then taking that money and ordering a new one? But at that point I was saved by the bell, literally. A new call came in so I put her on hold, dealt with the extremely nice woman on the second call, got her to the right person and when I went to pick up the first line the woman with the canopy had hung up.

I wouldn't agree with a return or an exchange without seeing the actual defective product. Certainly not over the phone. No way, lady. Thank goodness that she hanged up when you got back to her.

I wouldn't agree with a return or an exchange without seeing the actual defective product. Certainly not over the phone. No way, lady. Thank goodness that she hanged up when you got back to her.

I didn't do the entire play by play, but I use the words "I think" and "shouldn't be but I'll check" and other words that don't offer a guarantee. Then I'll send them to Guests Services. And that was what I started to do, the warm and fuzzy non-committal and I told her I was getting Guest Services when she got hyper-focused on shipping.

I didn't do the entire play by play, but I use the words "I think" and "shouldn't be but I'll check" and other words that don't offer a guarantee. Then I'll send them to Guests Services. And that was what I started to do, the warm and fuzzy non-committal and I told her I was getting Guest Services when she got hyper-focused on shipping.
Yep. I've learned when you're talking over the phone you ALWAYS have to be noncommittal. Because otherwise they'll come in and have some extra thing they didn't mention and be like "but they told me I could".

Oh I get that. I'm sorry. I guess that was confusing. I was referring to the lady on the phone. I was thinking why she would think it would be okay to do the return over the phone and why she think it wouldn't be a problem in just sending the product to her house. We can't just take her words for the truth over the phone. Why would she think it was okay not to have/return the defective product back. Sorry for the confusion.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here -

I called Brita because my water pitcher was pooling water underneath, not leaking, but sort of condensation of some kind. They mailed me a new one. No request for proof of purchase.

I called Crock Pot and they mailed me a new Crock Pot because the replacement lid was no longer available. They mailed me a new one. No request for proof of purchase.

So, although in a million years, Target is not going to just ship somebody a new item from a phone call, other companies do this.

And when I answer the phone at GS, I just say, "Come on in and we will see how we can help you. Better yet, the other store is bigger, you might have better luck there." Yes, I might have said that once or twice. :)

The next time anybody in this store seriously suggests denying an order I might just laugh in their face.

The order gets accepted, everyone agrees things will change, two days later everyone forgets and a little while later we're back to square one where a TL or ETL sees something they don't like and decides we have to show the vendors who's boss and deny their orders and the cycle begins again.

Nothing fucking changes except my stress level.

The order gets accepted, everyone agrees things will change, two days later everyone forgets and a little while later we're back to square one where a TL or ETL sees something they don't like and decides we have to show the vendors who's boss and deny their orders and the cycle begins again.

Nothing fucking changes except my stress level.
Oh. Yeah that would be frustrating if they cave immediately to the vendors boss and accept the order anyway.

Try to keep in mind that you're just the middleman. TL has an issue? "Ok I'll deny the next order." Vendor doesn't like it? "Sorry, that's just the way it is. [TL name] needs [specific problem] to be addressed before we can take a delivery. See you next week."

I write talking points for what to say when the vendor or their boss calls to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back