Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the 2 times they've sent someone to try and fix it, they've declared there's no issue. Our in-store fixit/tech guy (don't know his official title/abbreviation) has confirmed it isn't the filter, because he bypassed it and it still didn't fix the problem. Far as I've heard, the plumbing folks have been told they're not getting paid until we have zero problems with the taps/sinks up there, so I'd imagine they'll probably send yet a third person this week.

I sure hope they figure it out soon. I'm in danger of running out of different ways to insult the sink every time it screams.

...Yeah, did I mention it screams, too? Does that if you don't turn it off 100% of the way.

I forgot to mention that the back-end of the soda/Icee machines have also exploded twice in the past month.

And the water pressure wasn't actually a problem until after the 2nd repairman was sent to fiddle with it.

I would have been happy to have handed them mops and a bucket and told them to clean it up. Plus, I would have loved to have called their parents.

Oh yeah this is the key. Kids don't learn from passive aggressive looks or the stink eye. You have to call them on it most are so startled they just quickly pick up the mess they made.

Last edited:
Oh yeah this is the key. Kids don't learn from passive aggressive looks or the stink eye. You have to call them on it most are so startled they just quickly pick up the mess they made.

Most kids who come
I've busted kids in the store while there on my day off. It was fun.

Most kids who come
Well, shoot. I didn't know that we were supposed to hope that they picked up their mess. My mistake. I had the kids put all of the condoms and lube back where it belonged. I am just old enough to not give a shit. I have seen it all at my other job. My mom voice will make them pee themselves. Free zoning for Target that night.

I wasn't actually there to witness it at the beginning since I wasn't in electronics yesterday, but the dumb ass kid posted it to his facebook page and tagged one of the friends of someone who works at my store, so ap has it now and is deciding what to do next. i do know that it took over an hour for them to clean it up, though.

I don't know what the hell happened with unload/flow today but I couldn't start loading really the sweep until an hour and half until I left. Couldn't prep and stage anything for it all day because vehicles of repacks and untouched cages were everywhere. So maybe 1/3rd of what needed to go back didn't and I'm probably going to hear complaining about that all week. Then again, I don't care if somebody's mad that I didn't send a tub of disassembled bikes back as recycling. If they sat around for weeks and weeks intact and getting in everyone's way and nobody cared enough to do about it, they can survive 4 days of them sitting nicely shrink-wrapped onto a vehicle. And maybe, just maybe they can do something about the other stack of bikes waiting to be broken down that are taking up al this floor space in the back.

Then again, since I had nothing else to do today I spend it working on defectives. For the first time in at least a month the flow defectives tub is almost clean! Almost.

Also I've had an iPhone MIR that I've been trying to do all week but every time I try either no Target Tech is showing up that day or they're busy setting up somebody's phone.

Ditto.
Popped the elastic on their socks one day.
I was shopping on a day off and busted two kids throwing cereal boxes at each other. I stood there and told them to stop and to pick them up. Had them check to see if there were any damaged ones, and was threatening with my phone in hand, to call the store and have store management charge them for each damaged box. Luckily I had rounded the corner just as the boxes went flying.

Took yesterday off, came in today to find my area crammed full of vehicles. Including an endcap's worth of vendor product that was taken down yesterday. And nobody can give me a straight answer why it came down and what's happening to it; replies range from "somebody was going to find a new endcap for it but forgot" to "we called the vendor and he's coming to pick it up" or "nobody's called the vendor yet."

The vendor was in two days ago to fill that endcap up. When I pointed this out the answer, word for word was "Oh shit." Followed by "It's not the end of the world." No, but I'd appreciate it if people could get their fucking acts together instead of just taking down a few hundred dollars on a whim and leaving it for somebody else to clean up.

So today I was at guest service doing returns and then all of a sudden when I hit k5 to do a search for receipt with a card to to with it vanished. So I call over gsa and they try to do it and it is gone for everyone in the whole entire store they went to every register and none of them had it. Then half as a joke since we just got the SCO update i say let's try it there and it worked... so for the next hour we did returns on SCO with the lookup receipt option on there until it suddenly reappeared.

Once again an ETL talked real big about showing vendors who's boss and tells me to refuse an order. Then after five minutes of talking to the sales rep suddenly everything is okay, an understanding is reached and I can check it in. Next time somebody suddenly really, really, cares about vendor backstock, no really, this is a serious issue guys we need to take care of it, I really want to quote this right at them:
ss5hP3M.jpg

I have come to absolutely hate underwear and socks.

Sometimes I think that no one else in softlines knows to backstock extra packages. I swear all they do is find a somewhat empty peg and stuff what can't fit in the right spot there. I never have time to fix it all, but when I finish with the few I can do in the time I have available, I end up with none of one size or type and twice as much as can fit of a different size/type. I check the rest of the areas looking for those particular type of underwear/socks and then I wonder why I was given another couple of packages for the size/type I have far too much of but nothing for the size/type that's needed. That's the part that confuses me, why I'm getting stuff I don't need and why I'm not getting what is needed.

8am and softlines breakout not even started.

The two flow softlines people who do the breakout, left at 8:30a. The pallets are still sitting there. We are so fucked.

I have come to absolutely hate underwear and socks.

Sometimes I think that no one else in softlines knows to backstock extra packages. I swear all they do is find a somewhat empty peg and stuff what can't fit in the right spot there. I never have time to fix it all, but when I finish with the few I can do in the time I have available, I end up with none of one size or type and twice as much as can fit of a different size/type. I check the rest of the areas looking for those particular type of underwear/socks and then I wonder why I was given another couple of packages for the size/type I have far too much of but nothing for the size/type that's needed. That's the part that confuses me, why I'm getting stuff I don't need and why I'm not getting what is needed.
I hated trying to scan socks and underwear for instocks for this reason. I'd want to do a good job and get the counts right but the walls are always such a mess. We had a flow-TM who made it her project to try and fix Men's basics where she pushed and I was like "that's great and I'm glad you're trying, but it's kind of pointless."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back