Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got asked how I lasted so long in receiving, before I left yesterday.

Really wanted to say "because no one cared before" *but I am starting to think that it's the fact that I haven't been the one who likes conflict with management but lately things have become contradictory.

How fast does your tl or exec expect a person to change how they do things?

now im lawling again lol, i wonder if they want the monitor on a peg or a fixture :p
I am not sure! Maybe I don't have the rolls of tape in the right place, the keyboard might be the wrong one.....

I don't know..... And they can't tell me either but they like to counsel me about it

My desk is set up differently from the store that I spent 2 days of training at. And I'm sure it's differently set up from the desk of the receiver who they sent over for ~1 hour for some reason.

Today had a clusterfuck of a soda delivery. I don't even know where to begin so I'll just post the highlight of the STL walking out to the waiting truck (another vendor was still making a delivery) and telling them the order was being denied. Then nope, he changed his mind and they were welcome to come back and deliver.

At least the salesperson didn't seemed pissed about the whole thing.

My desk is set up differently from the store that I spent 2 days of training at. And I'm sure it's differently set up from the desk of the receiver who they sent over for ~1 hour for some reason.

Today had a clusterfuck of a soda delivery. I don't even know where to begin so I'll just post the highlight of the STL walking out to the waiting truck (another vendor was still making a delivery) and telling them the order was being denied. Then nope, he changed his mind and they were welcome to come back and deliver.

At least the salesperson didn't seemed pissed about the whole thing.
That's good with the soda situation.
It always amazes me when we get the questions of why did you accept the order..... Ummm, cause they don't have it for the shelf???

That's good with the soda situation.
It always amazes me when we get the questions of why did you accept the order..... Ummm, cause they don't have it for the shelf???
The receiver shouldn't be unilaterally denying orders anyway. They want you to deny an order? They need to tell you.

Yeah, I only do it after I've reached a critical threshold of people getting up my ass about something a vendor has/hasn't done. And pretty much every time I've done it, it's turned into a giant pain that doesn't really change anything.

Yeah, I only do it after I've reached a critical threshold of people getting up my ass about something a vendor has/hasn't done. And pretty much every time I've done it, it's turned into a giant pain that doesn't really change anything.
Yep, the proverbial damned if you do and damned if you don't

The receiver shouldn't be unilaterally denying orders anyway. They want you to deny an order? They need to tell you.

They can when the procedure is in place, copy of order not in the book or it is not signed by the market TL/ETL or it doesn't match what is signed = denied. No need for the them to ask. That is what happens when vendors become assholes and you set rules. Makes it easy.

They can when the procedure is in place, copy of order not in the book or it is not signed by the market TL/ETL or it doesn't match what is signed = denied. No need for the them to ask. That is what happens when vendors become assholes and you set rules. Makes it easy.
I guess I should have said the receiver at my store can't do it and I assumed it was standard. A TL or ETL has a problem with a vendor? They inform the receiver and ask him to start denying orders. The receiver has a problem with a vendor? He checks with the CTL before denying an order. He's not expected to magically know when someone else is having a problem bad enough to warrant denying an order.

I guess I should have said the receiver at my store can't do it and I assumed it was standard. A TL or ETL has a problem with a vendor? They inform the receiver and ask him to start denying orders. The receiver has a problem with a vendor? He checks with the CTL before denying an order. He's not expected to magically know when someone else is having a problem bad enough to warrant denying an order.

It took a wind vendors over ordering by the pallet to get to that point. They would get some promo space order the fill and the send that amount x3 to keep it full. Then refuse to take it down when it was supposed to take it down. We were stuck with so much wine that was the tipping point. Rules got made.

I love the smell of poorly bagged ESIM in the morning. It smells like somebody didn't do their fucking job. Thanks to a leaking bag of perfume, spent all day with a wonderful new odor in receiving. And trying to wipe off all the tiny baggies of opened cosmetics that were left over the weekend in the sort bin with it.

Also what the hell is wrong with Persil, I've had so many broken things of their detergent brought back to me. Nothing else has been breaking in this frequency.

I just want to go one week actually following the sweep schedule. Almost made it today until two hours before I left the ETL tells me we should load one. Backhaul? What's that? Never mind that a couple weeks ago he said we needed to cut own on random sweeps because of backhaul. Never mind that only one full day between today and when I can start loading the authorized sweep and we have the space for whatever may accumulate between today and that day. Which will not be a whole lot. Whatever.

Also I found several repacks full of plastic. I guess nobody could find bags for a truck day so they got creative. Then stashed them under a pile of empty repacks. This is bothering me a lot more than it should.

Somebody put a bottle of bleach in the ESIM bin and it tipped over. Three hours later my hands still smell like bleach from having to wipe off or rebag 2/3rds of the bin, most of which was tiny cosmetics bags.

"Fitting room is easy" - People who have never worked fitting room for a second ever ETA: Not mine. Sent by a friend from another store.

Attachments

• IMG_7266.JPG
    IMG_7266.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 81
How about the almost weekly delivery of Expired sparkling water. Dated over a year ago....How does stuff like this happen every month since October...Cases of 24 at a time. Worse thing is it's been my supported and nothing has changed. We just gave up

Is anyone's market just really bad at there jobs. So after my flow shift my TL walks by and is like market is really behind today can you stay and help them and i said sure why not. So the phfresh truck arrived and they were still in dry at 10am
They start at 6am and have a team of 8
So i had to unload and sign off for the delivery. So i checked the coolers and i shit you not there was like 2 trucks worth of backstock in each cooler
So i convinced one the backroom TL to give me one of there guys so he can make room in the dairy cooler so i have somwere to put the pallets. So i walk to the floor for a bit and come back and all the fucking dairy pallets are out because they needed the bulk milk pallet and didnt put the truck pallets back
So after i fixed everything and broke down all pallets for them and pushed most of it. I then walked out to tell the market TL im taking my break and i hear this loud noise and the idiot the pushed the bulk milk pallet didnt wrap it after he pushed and the whole pallet tipped and milk was ever where and i just turned around said fuck that and went on a long break tben clocked out for the day

Is anyone's market just really bad at there jobs. So after my flow shift my TL walks by and is like market is really behind today can you stay and help them and i said sure why not. So the phfresh truck arrived and they were still in dry at 10am
So i had to unload and sign off for the delivery. So i checked the coolers and i shit you not there was like 2 trucks worth of backstock in each cooler
So i convinced one the backroom TL to give me one of there guys so he can make room in the dairy cooler so i have somwere to put the pallets. So i walk to the floor for a bit and come back and all the fucking dairy pallets are out because they needed the bulk milk pallet and didnt put the truck pallets back
So after i fixed everything and broke down all pallets for them and pushed most of it. I then walked out to tell the market TL im taking my break and i hear this loud noise and the idiot the pushed the bulk milk pallet didnt wrap it after he pushed and the whole pallet tipped and milk was ever where and i just turned around said fuck that and went on a long break tben clocked out for the day
Don't cry over spilt milk unless it's a whole fucking pallet

Has your store already done the end to end food team rollout? Until that takes place (at least at my store) the C&S team is still responsible for backstocking truck push. Obviously market can/will help with it if possible, but it depends on how hours are.

Before the market roll out flow was responsible for p-fresh and dry push
And now market team is 100% in charge of all food fresh and dry l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back