Archived Things Target Can Make To Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the things I mentioned in my post are realities that make the job nearly impossible to do. And it’s hard to believe the inefficiency doesnt cost money. So here’s an idea- Reinstate some or all of the pre end to end processes. It can’t cost much more than triple handling freight out to and back from the storage containers. Walk end to end back, rename it something catchy. Veteran tms will be relieved. Newbs won’t know the difference.

I mostly wanted to know what folks wanted to improve their working lives on the job. Instead of complaints about the job, I wanted to see if there were any shared ideas.

I'm sure if you read the modernization and E2E threads, you will find "need the payroll to meet expected workload" to be a near universal idea that would improve our working lives.

Target needs some kind of digital communication board. I'd say one of the hardest things as an ETL (especially as GE where it's near impossible to have a team-wide huddle) is letting my team know about new rollouts, initiatives, trainings, and policies. The best I could do was let my TLs know and try to talk to TMs one-on-one. It would have to be something TMs can only access at the store but if they could have some kind of digital profile (similar to an in-house facebook I guess) where I could send out mass announcements and make sure they get it, that's be great.
Yes, so much this. And just better communication in general. If a TL tells me one more time to "communicate that with your team" I'm going to lose it. I haven't even met all of them yet because of the revolving door of seasonal TMs. And we can't post notes at the fitting room desk, so no one knows what the hell is going on anymore. And that's just in softlines...

Seconding a need for a real, robust training program for each position, and time dedicated time for new onboards to go through the program before being thrown to the wolves.... er.... guests.

Improved communication is also a must. As a TM who typically only works one shift a week, it is very difficult to keep up with changes. If I work Saturday and a new policy is rolled out Sunday, there's a very good chance that I won't ever hear about it on my next Saturday shift because it's been discussed to death in huddles all week and dropped from the agenda by then. And it needs to be handled in a way that everyone can access. In my store at least, very few front end TMs know about Workbench, and certainly aren't given time to look at it anyway.
Salesfloor TMs aren't really given time to look at it either. I've only ever looked at it off the clock 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back