Archived Things Wal-Mart does that you wish Target would do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure most if not all of us on here would rather be working for Target than Wal Mart, no matter how much you hate your job. Yet there are some things that work pretty well at Wal Mart that Target does not seem to do. Currently majoring in business, my classes have given me some ideas that make sense for Target to implement.

One such idea is site-to-store purchases, in which guests can buy something off of Target.com and pick it up in-store. At least offer this option to red card users..it's like the free shipping except cheaper for Target seeing as it is going to the same place the other trucks are going.

Anything else anyone can think of?

I wish we had a more efficient way to ship store to store. Right now the only way I could even remotely guess is to put it on the sweep truck and hope it gets where you want it to. We are a store that isn't exactly close to the next one (70+ miles away). Many times if we don't have it this other store will, but then we have to see just how badly the guest really wants it. A few do brave the drive if we call ahead and have it put on hold for them!

I am pretty sure most if not all of us on here would rather be working for Target than Wal Mart, no matter how much you hate your job. Yet there are some things that work pretty well at Wal Mart that Target does not seem to do. Currently majoring in business, my classes have given me some ideas that make sense for Target to implement.

One such idea is site-to-store purchases, in which guests can buy something off of Target.com and pick it up in-store. At least offer this option to red card users..it's like the free shipping except cheaper for Target seeing as it is going to the same place the other trucks are going.

In what fictional area would we hold these items? We don't even have enough room for our seasonal items and have it at a 3d party holding area.

In what fictional area would we hold these items? We don't even have enough room for our seasonal items and have it at a 3d party holding area.

Target always finds room. Like when our store got Geek Squad, I had no idea where their equipment would fit in our boat. Lo and behold, they find room.

Our Target has plenty of space in receiving that the small area required to house these few site-to-store items could be held. In targets that aren't as fortunate, a good, organized backroom can go a long way to freeing up space. Another idea is to just take over Mobile's location (ours in right next to receiving) when they leave Targets and convert that space into a site-to-store storage unit. Realistically, our Target has a million spaces these items can go. Maybe not all Targets are the same but I'm sure they would find room.

I can't think of a good reason why I would order something on Target.com, then waste time and gas to drive to Target to pick it up, when I can just use my debit redcard and have it delivered to my front door for free. ??

I also never understood why people waste their time, and gas on layaway either. Just save the money over a couple months, then go buy it one shot.

I can't think of a good reason why I would order something on Target.com, then waste time and gas to drive to Target to pick it up, when I can just use my debit redcard and have it delivered to my front door for free. ??

I also never understood why people waste their time, and gas on layaway either. Just save the money over a couple months, then go buy it one shot.

I can't think of a good reason why I would waste my money at Target, period.

No discount with debit/credit and no checking schedule from home are really petty. It frustrates me so much. Setting aside how weak the discount is anyway - I don't bother with it, even with cash.

But there is absolutely no excuse for not being able to check your schedule from home. None. Plenty of other companies use the same underlying software and their employees can view their schedule outside of work. And I don't want the same tired old cheap one liner: "It's considered working off the clock." What I want is a straight up, no bull$hit, no political-style evasion, no cop out, man to man, face to face, you-know-what-the-hell-kind-of-answer-I-want-so-don't-jerk-me-around plain simple English response to why they think it could possibly in this universe's logic be considered working off the clock, what they think could possibly happen to a team member that could possibly get them sued or otherwise in trouble for staring at numbers on a screen that depict a time frame, and why they thus need to be the one single company to have it only viewable from work.

For the debit/credit thing, I figure it's because they're being whiny and prissy about the few cents or few% or whatever it is for the interchange fees, etc. that come with a business being able to provide credit and debit service to customers.

Have you ever read the posts on Spot's FB page? Most of them are about screwing up online orders. And about half of those are shipping issues because whoever they use is apparently a disaster. Shipping issues to the wrong address, not boxing things up for Christmas can be easily resolved this way. When Spot ships the wrong thing or is damaged, then it can be outright refused at the store and the refund can be processed quicker.

But there is absolutely no excuse for not being able to check your schedule from home. None. Plenty of other companies use the same underlying software and their employees can view their schedule outside of work. And I don't want the same tired old cheap one liner: "It's considered working off the clock." What I want is a straight up, no bull$hit, no political-style evasion, no cop out, man to man, face to face, you-know-what-the-hell-kind-of-answer-I-want-so-don't-jerk-me-around plain simple English response to why they think it could possibly in this universe's logic be considered working off the clock, what they think could possibly happen to a team member that could possibly get them sued or otherwise in trouble for staring at numbers on a screen that depict a time frame, and why they thus need to be the one single company to have it only viewable from work.
I agree 100%. Maybe some departments have enough time to check their schedules/request time off/etc. "on the clock", but we rarely (if ever) do in pharmacy so we end up doing it on lunch or before/after our shifts anyway!
Personally, I think it comes down to some sort of technology issue and we all know Spot's not exactly "on top of things" when it comes to that....PDX is a PRIME example!!!

I agree 100%. Maybe some departments have enough time to check their schedules/request time off/etc. "on the clock", but we rarely (if ever) do in pharmacy so we end up doing it on lunch or before/after our shifts anyway!
Personally, I think it comes down to some sort of technology issue and we all know Spot's not exactly "on top of things" when it comes to that....PDX is a PRIME example!!!

Implaying spot is 'on top of things' other than fxcking their employees out of any and every benefit possible?

No discount with debit/credit and no checking schedule from home are really petty. It frustrates me so much. Setting aside how weak the discount is anyway - I don't bother with it, even with cash.

For the debit/credit thing, I figure it's because they're being whiny and prissy about the few cents or few% or whatever it is for the interchange fees, etc. that come with a business being able to provide credit and debit service to customers.

I can't say with certainty but I'm willing to bet a fair amount of my paycheck the technology point is true.
However, I think there is a reason they haven't been in a great hurry to update the tech.
If you can see your schedule from home they are less likely to be able to change things at the drop of a hat.
It keeps them from having the flexibility that they currently have, it sets things in stone and can make them look bad.
I suspect we won't see this change until they can 'work out' that 'bug'.

Site to Store loses it's luster when you already get free shipping with a red card.

Provided they can ship within a reasonable time frame and find your house (both of which are huge issues). People also get ticked when they want to cancel after 30 minutes and Spot won't let them (you know after it's been delayed a couple of weeks and they are tired of waiting) so this would give them an easier way to refuse delivery/pick up...and potentially speed up the shipping process.

Too many posts online about people who orders things before Black Friday and won't get them until January now and they can't cancel. This would have to help that disaster.

My suggestion is pretty simple... I would love if we had the "Register Closed" signs. Guests hardly ever look at the lane light when picking a line to check out. They just see the red shirt behind a register and get in line. But those signs probably aren't "vibe" approved

My suggestion is pretty simple... I would love if we had the "Register Closed" signs. Guests hardly ever look at the lane light when picking a line to check out. They just see the red shirt behind a register and get in line. But those signs probably aren't "vibe" approved

That is the ONE THING I HATE about back up cashiering. Our registers are in a staggered pattern and I always get one that is closest to the guest. So, I'm standing there doing back up, flip my light off and still have a line while the regular cashiers are standing in the second row of stations with no line! Then you tell people you are closed, most of the time I get rude responses!

That is the ONE THING I HATE about back up cashiering. Our registers are in a staggered pattern and I always get one that is closest to the guest. So, I'm standing there doing back up, flip my light off and still have a line while the regular cashiers are standing in the second row of stations with no line! Then you tell people you are closed, most of the time I get rude responses!

Agreed. When I was a cashier it would sometimes be hard to get to breaks on time or even when you are supposed to clock out for the day. People don't look at lights and I even had people who don't care when I say I am closed and get in my line anyways. Now I am on salesfloor and it is almost impossible to get off the lanes when backing up, unless the GSTL comes and blocks me off when we no longer need back up by standing in front of my line and telling guests I am closed. I always appreciate that and it makes me much more willing and happier to come back up the next time. But I know they can't do that everytime because they are extremely busy most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back