This is why you don’t choose a seasonal to cover a gstl break

You heard that right, for whatever reason my gstl chose a not very experienced cashier to cover for his 30. It was in the morning when it wasn’t too busy at the lanes but the service desk was and the person covering the break came up to the desk multiple times to ask for help with minor issues. Mind you it was only me and one other person at the service desk at the time and every time she needed help at the lanes one of us had to leave the other person alone doing opu and returns. She even had to ask which key was for the change drawer.

Last edited:
Until one key almost fits, goes in like it will fit but won't turn and jams when you try to take it out. Which then turns into a hunt for a good pair of vice grips or pliers and a couple of appeals to Lady Luck to keep the key or lock from breaking as you try to pull it out of the lock. Not that I would know from experience.

Until one key almost fits, goes in like it will fit but won't turn and jams when you try to take it out. Which then turns into a hunt for a good pair of vice grips or pliers and a couple of appeals to Lady Luck to keep the key or lock from breaking as you try to pull it out of the lock. Not that I would know from experience.

Some of us have the touch with metal..

Under modernization Guest Advocates are supposed to handle themselves without a SETL, (there are times when one isn't even scheduled), so there should be no need for one to cover a break

Under modernization Guest Advocates are supposed to handle themselves without a SETL, (there are times when one isn't even scheduled), so there should be no need for one to cover a break
Theoretically sure but that’s not possible if a handful of the cashiers just got hired two weeks ago and guest advocates do not hold keys.

Theoretically sure but that’s not possible if a handful of the cashiers just got hired two weeks ago and guest advocates do not hold keys.
You’re telling me even on Xmas eve your front end can’t go 30 minutes without keys? I find that hard to believe since a good SETL would check change before they left (though I suppose a bad SETL wouldn’t)

Our guest advocates can’t go 2 minutes without blinking or even worse imo... grabbing a walkie while myself or an setl are three steps away and yelling “assistance to register 5. assistance to 5.” as if the setl isn’t doing their job.

Only gets worse when our ETL makes us train those same advocates that can’t ring for more than two guests without needing help at the service desk. “Uh, a $1.50 missed coupon. I need a manager for this.” My response was literally. “No you don’t and I’m barely even a manager” “Well it’s above my paygrade.” “We are paid the same!”

Who or which retailer coined the phrase "guest advocate" before Target adopted the silly phrase? Target is a follower, not a leader. Shouldn't a so called manager refer to an employee with the correct pronoun "who" and not "that"? 7th grade grammar.

I was expecting this to be about how a scammer got a huge one over on the noob. This is a non event.

you should still have someone speed weaving and interacting with guests outside the lane during peak times

Back