Archived "those" coworkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this happen to anyone else? there are at least two people at my store who get extremely defensive about the registers they are assigned to for the day. my GSTL never does the grid so a lot of times when i come in at mid day ill get put on a register that is "occupied" by someone on break and then when they come back demand that i get off their register. I know some people like GM or express better then other parts of the front end but to get so defensive over a particular one when they are all the same POS is odd. If i get back from break and a cashier is in my spot i usually ask them if they are back up and move to the next open lane.

Express is a thing of the past lol. And when I worked at a super, guests with groceries checked out on green side and blue side. Ringing groceries is the worst!

When I was a cashier and would spend 6-8 hour stretches on the front lanes, yes, I'd get a bit picky about my lanes. It's just that after you've taken the time and effort to get everything all neat and tidy and the bags filled and the coins and bills sorted and whatnot, the last thing I wanted to do was get thrown onto a messy lane after my break, lol. That is, until I figured out that it made time go faster to purposefully go on messy lanes and clean them all up, lol!

IMHO, don't fuss with them. Some of us are slightly OCD and it's not that big of a deal to just jump onto another lane. Obviously if you don't want to they can't MAKE you, but is it work getting someone grumpy over something that might make their shift go a little easier? Probably not.

I think every store has a few of these people who are particular about their space. My favorite is the people who snap at me for being on their lane when I come up for backup. Look, I don't want to be there any more than you want me there, so I'll happily go back to the floor - you don't have to be mean about it!

I'd just move. Unless it's a certain cashier who thinks she owns the express lanes. Then I won't move because she's always a jerk about it.

I had 22 lanes. I was, as per my ETL-GE, only allowed to use lanes 4-10.

People overlapped during breaks. It happens.

I had 22 lanes. I was, as per my ETL-GE, only allowed to use lanes 4-10.

People overlapped during breaks. It happens.

I had 28. I could use em all!! I'd go every other all the way across, and it looked like we had a bajilllion cashiers.

I really do not cashier much but if you have any redcard incentives going on at your store there are lanes I think I would want. I would want a lane on either end as your more likely to ring out more guest. more guest you ring out the more likely you are to get a redcard. I also pick a middle lane if I am being lazy because less guest come to those! =)

We have a few at our store that you know exactly where they are going to be when they are there, but its just been tradition since I've been there, its not that they are demanding about it (they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet)....back in the day, I bounced everywhere, usually within one shift I could be on 5 different registers just because of issues and closing....

I work with a really OCD girl, gets mad when I don't leave all the bills faced the correct way in the till. -_-

I can't stand opening a till that is "unorganized." The other day I picked up some cashier hours and there was a $5 bill mixed in with the singles. Change is always mixed in the coin cups.

If I was still at my first job (back in the day) I would have been written up for turning in a till that didn't have all of the bills facing the right way.

From a former cash off spec, I <3 you....

We must be a pen of pigs. ;) Our CO doesn't face the bills when prepping the bundles for the drawers. I asked as a newbie if I should face the bills before bundling and got laughed at.

I work with a really OCD girl, gets mad when I don't leave all the bills faced the correct way in the till. -_-

I can't stand opening a till that is "unorganized." The other day I picked up some cashier hours and there was a $5 bill mixed in with the singles. Change is always mixed in the coin cups.

If I was still at my first job (back in the day) I would have been written up for turning in a till that didn't have all of the bills facing the right way.

I don't face every single bill, but it bothers the hell out of me when the drawer is a mess. Bills are crooked and mixed, coins are all over the place, empty coin rolls crumpled up in the far left compartment, etc.

Oh good lord-yeah, there's nothing like having your till pop open to find $100 bills crumpled up in the corner (!!!), rubber bands strewn about willy-nilly ( why are those there? ), and a small collection of assorted change, including golden dollars, about five dimes, a few quarters, and five pennies in the bottom left hand change compartment, and THEN going to give your guest their five dollar bill for change and discovering a TWO DOLLAR BILL in the five dollar bill slot just beneath that five you handed out!!!

( Not that that just happened to me or anything. No, no, just fine. Nothing to see here. carry on as usual. Oh. I see you already have... )

I am not a cashier but when I am in electronics or back up cashiering I hate when people don't put the 50s and 100s under the drawer or don't sort the nickels and dimes correctly.

I am not a cashier but when I am in electronics or back up cashiering I hate when people don't put the 50s and 100s under the drawer or don't sort the nickels and dimes correctly.

I tend to go a little OCD whenever I'm on register. Every bill is facing the same direction, and every coin is in its correct spot.

Oh good lord-yeah, there's nothing like having your till pop open to find $100 bills crumpled up in the corner (!!!), rubber bands strewn about willy-nilly ( why are those there? ), and a small collection of assorted change, including golden dollars, about five dimes, a few quarters, and five pennies in the bottom left hand change compartment, and THEN going to give your guest their five dollar bill for change and discovering a TWO DOLLAR BILL in the five dollar bill slot just beneath that five you handed out!!!

( Not that that just happened to me or anything. No, no, just fine. Nothing to see here. carry on as usual. Oh. I see you already have... )

I never understood the rubber band thing. We don't even use them at the lanes! Where are they coming from?

When we still had the old IBM registers, there was a black plastic thing that we would put on top of the large bills. The newer NCR registers don't have them, so we try to keep checks on top now. We don't really put anything in the bottom of the drawer at the lanes - only at secondary registers (Guest Service, Electronics, etc.).

I was trained that you face the bills and my years of counting cash just made that worse.
Mixing coins just makes me crazy.
So yeah, I guess there are a few things that I'm a bit OCD about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back