Thoughts on extending hazard pay.

So does that mean that people can take a second 30 day paid LOA if they have already taken one, or just that the ability to take one 30 day paid LOA has been extended?

I'm pretty sure it just means that the ability to take one month paid has been extended. That was supposed to end on May 31st I believe, now extended until June 30th.

What are the criteria for the 30 day paid leave again?
High risk condition, asthma, 65+, pregnant, etc

I think the list of high risk conditions can be found in the CDC website. You also have to have a doctor's note stating you suffer from said condition.

High risk condition, asthma, 65+, pregnant, etc

I think the list of high risk conditions can be found in the CDC website. You also have to have a doctor's note stating you suffer from said condition.
A doctor's note is not always required. I submitted a picture of my steroid inhaler with my name and Rx information on it and was approved. I did everything through email.

Last edited:
Wall Street Journal this afternoon:
Target Corp. is extending its $2-an-hour pandemic wage increase through July 4 for store and distribution workers. The retailer has previously pledged to increase its $13 minimum hourly wage to $15 by the end of 2020, matching Amazon’s starting wage in the U.S.

We can't prove it, but it's conceivable that discussions of this topic here and on other Internet message boards contributed to this decision by Target's management, which is VERY PR conscious. From a public relations perspective, it's a brilliant move for Target at at a time when other merchants are ending coronavirus hazard pay for their employees.

Contained within this article (subscription password required, unfortunately):
Retailers Phase Out Coronavirus Hazard Pay for Essential Workers - https://www.wsj.com/articles/retailers-phase-out-coronavirus-hazard-pay-for-essential-workers-11589915679?mod=hp_lead_pos7

Last edited:
I mean, to be fair, they're doing it so they can quietly do it later and hopefully be undetected since the PR wave about "essential" employees being screwed will be old news.

target doesn’t care about what you post here or twitter or reddit or whatever

they extended the $2 specifically because other places didn’t and it makes them look better by comparison
Actually. I hear they are actively on social media making sure no ones talking shit about tgt.

Actually. I hear they are actively on social media making sure no ones talking shit about tgt.

they literally cannot do this otherwise the target subreddit and this website would have been deleted. all they can do is coach people who do shit like post pics of their backrooms on social media and whatnot

Pretty sure Wal-mart is giving their employees another bonus so Target isn't the only ones extending some sort of benefits. Gonna be fun to see them take our benefits away on the day our nation declared it's independence.

Back