Thoughts on extending hazard pay.

What does everyone think spot will do regarding the extra $2? I just saw they are offering a $15 off $25 Target Circle coupon. I wonder if they are trying to ease the pain of losing the hazard pay.

I think they should extend it or let everyone just keep it, leaders included.

I agree. The hazard's not over and it probably won't be for a long while. Just keep the bump, it was supposed to happen by the end of the year anyway.

The difference is that not everyone was going to see a pay increase by the end of the year. I'm all for keeping the pay increase. I would not have seen any pay increase had it not been for hazard pay.

When are they ending the hazard pay?
It had better not be before the end of the summer because this thing is coming back.
They have already had people get sick and die, who had gotten over it once.
Plus we have states like Florida who are loosening restrictions before they have flattened the curve.
This country is going to see a major resurgence just like it did with 1918 pandemic, sorry to be the Cassandra here.

It might have worked if people actually stayed home.

Then you have states like Michigan protesting the stay at home orders by not staying at home. They had so much traffic congestion for their assembly they blocked off one of the main hospitals to the point where it took an ambulance 10 minutes to get through it all and get to the emergency room bays. People just suck.

When are they ending the hazard pay?
It had better not be before the end of the summer because this thing is coming back.
They have already had people get sick and die, who had gotten over it once.
Plus we have states like Florida who are loosening restrictions before they have flattened the curve.
This country is going to see a major resurgence just like it did with 1918 pandemic, sorry to be the Cassandra here.
I agree with the resurgence. I can't help but wonder though if they won't do what the police do from time to time; re-characterizing the crime to something lesser for appearances sake. So people won't die of C-19 they will die due to the "complications of the flu" "chronic pulmonary _______".... Whatever they may come up with as long as they don't use the "C" word with the media.
It will come to dr's and nurses "if you want your job you won't use the "C" word." States "if you want any kind of federal aid you better re-open everything".
Funerals will go on but the media will move on soon to covering the good the bad and the ugly of the economy, graduations and the election. While those who have not lost a loved one and still have a job will move on like it never happened, infected or not.

Last edited:
It might have worked if people actually stayed home.

Then you have states like Michigan protesting the stay at home orders by not staying at home. They had so much traffic congestion for their assembly they blocked off one of the main hospitals to the point where it took an ambulance 10 minutes to get through it all and get to the emergency room bays. People just suck.

"AMENDMENT I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

Except if the government tells you can't protest.

We're in a rough patch right now, no argument.

I agree with the resurgence. I can't help but wonder though if they won't do what the police do from time to time; re-characterizing the crime to something lesser for appearances sake. So people won't die of C-19 they will die due to the "complications of the flu" "chronic lung _______".... Whatever they may come up with as long as they don't use the "C" word with the media.
It will come to dr's and nurses "if you want your job you won't use the "C" word." States "if you want any kind of federal aid you better re-open everything".
Funerals will go on but the media will move on soon to covering the good the bad and the ugly of the economy, graduations and the election. While those who have not lost a loved one and still have a job will move on like it never happened, infected or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try.
They did the same thing during the 1918 pandemic saying that it would damage the war effort.
That was why it got called the Spanish Flu because Spain was neutral and reported the truth.

This time around we have a pretty robust press even with The Impeached 45 doing his best to make them seem like the bad guys.
People are getting sick and tired of being lied to.

"AMENDMENT I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

Except if the government tells you can't protest.

We're in a rough patch right now, no argument.

I have marched in a lot of protests.
This isn't the government telling us we can't protest, they are telling us we can't spread a fucking INFECTIOUS DISEASE!
A friend of mine died recently from this disease and the funeral was only by ZOOM.
His wife couldn't even visit him in the hospital.
If that is the way we have to live right now, then not being able to get together to share a virus isn't government repression.

Freedom to swing your arms in this country ends at the tip of my nose.
If you are endangering me and mine then what you are doing isn't part of your constitutional rights.
The US government has been able to declare quarantines since the turn of the century.

My grandfather remembered black Xs being put on people's doors which meant no one could go in or come out.
In Alaska, some of the villages blocked off the roads and threatened to shoot anyone who tried to come in.
They were the only places that avoided the pandemic.
Try that nowadays.

I have marched in a lot of protests.
This isn't the government telling us we can't protest, they are telling us we can't spread a fucking INFECTIOUS DISEASE!
A friend of mine died recently from this disease and the funeral was only by ZOOM.
His wife couldn't even visit him in the hospital.
If that is the way we have to live right now, then not being able to get together to share a virus isn't government repression.

Freedom to swing your arms in this country ends at the tip of my nose.
If you are endangering me and mine then what you are doing isn't part of your constitutional rights.
The US government has been able to declare quarantines since the turn of the century.

My grandfather remembered black Xs being put on people's doors which meant no one could go in or come out.
In Alaska, some of the villages blocked off the roads and threatened to shoot anyone who tried to come in.
They were the only places that avoided the pandemic.
Try that nowadays.

I don't think this thread is the right place for this discussion. I don't want to hijack it.

Team Member raises are effective 5/3, so I see what they’re probably thinking on this. More incentives would be great as I’m pretty sure the $2 going away is going to lead to less productivity and more call outs. It’s crazy where I’m at and that $2 has been a prime motivator, especially for our Fulfillment team who’ve been allowed OT for most of the last month.

Back