Thoughts on extending hazard pay.

Spot should have done a better job communicating this coupon. It isn't in the Circle app.

I saw on Reddit that it's going to be a physical coupon sent to your home and then you can scan it and add it to your offers in the app. Who knows if this is true or not.

All that said if they want to show their appreciation they should extend the $2...
You did notice the part"and if you continue to show up to help our guests in ways bigger than ever right now".. it might not cover the team members on loa.

You did notice the part"and if you continue to show up to help our guests in ways bigger than ever right now".. it might not cover the team members on loa.
I think it's a figure of speech. You are reading too much into it in my opinion. It says as you continue to show up not if. I am sure all team members will get it. Why no it's driving sales and most people won't only spend the $25

When are they ending the hazard pay?
It had better not be before the end of the summer because this thing is coming back.
They have already had people get sick and die, who had gotten over it once.
Plus we have states like Florida who are loosening restrictions before they have flattened the curve.
This country is going to see a major resurgence just like it did with 1918 pandemic, sorry to be the Cassandra here.
We need more playing the Cassandra role - too many people are pushing for a premature loosening of restrictions. You're not the only one worried about a second wave.

If the hazard pay ends as scheduled on May 2nd, and assuming the company won't be handing out gigantic $2/hour or more pay increases for the "hero" hourly store-level TMs, what will happen?

Your raise is based on 13. Then, you go to 15 at the end of the year (probably October). From May 'til then, you make 13.50 (or whatever your raise is).

Hazard pay should continue as long as there is a hazard.🤧🤒😷 Combat pay doesn’t stop in the middle of a war.
And how long will they continue to offer the 30 day LOA option? (Still got a virus here!)
And how long will they continue to offer early team member shopping hours? (Still can't get essentials here!)
And how long are they offering a liberal leave policy? (Still alot of people calling out here!)
And how long before they stop all these incentives and someone brings a personal injury lawyer and sues for them knowingly creating an unsafe work environment? (Still got alotta lawyers here!)

Asking the tough questions.

Your raise is based on 13. Then, you go to 15 at the end of the year (probably October). From May 'til then, you make 13.50 (or whatever your raise is).
Which isn't enough from May till the end of the pandemic. None of us signed up for hazardous duty. We aren't paid even close to what most health care personnel are paid, and they know their career involves hazards treating sick people.

And for those of us working in stores where the minimum is already $15 or higher (high cost of living locations), will we also get a $2/hour bump above our current wage base, or be bumped to $17, or get a big fat zero and just be ignored?

And how long will they continue to offer the 30 day LOA option? (Still got a virus here!)
And how long will they continue to offer early team member shopping hours? (Still can't get essentials here!)
And how long are they offering a liberal leave policy? (Still alot of people calling out here!)
And how long before they stop all these incentives and someone brings a personal injury lawyer and sues for them knowingly creating an unsafe work environment? Still got alotta lawyers here!)

Asking the tough questions.
The 30 day LOA will be available until the end of May.
I have no more answers to give you, sorry 😕

Only 10 more days of hazard pay? I doubt it, states are just now trying to figure out how to reopen. I expect Target will go on a month to month basis for extending it. Which really means we will be collecting the hazard pay until a vaccine is made because this is a pandemic and it's here to stay until that happens. Target is in a new world now as we all are so they are going to have to keep paying us. Which they can do very easy by cutting the CEO's salary,perks,etc by 15% a year.

As long as I am required to wear a mask I think we Should get that extra hazard pay.

Was told to expect cuts to the new schedule week starting May 3 that comes out tomorrow
This was a hard schedule to write. We can’t go over the hours given 😕
Only 10 more days of hazard pay? I doubt it, states are just now trying to figure out how to reopen. I expect Target will go on a month to month basis for extending it. Which really means we will be collecting the hazard pay until a vaccine is made because this gis a pandemic and it's here to stay until that happens. Target is in a new world now as we all are so they are going to have to keep paying us. Which they can do very easy by cutting the CEO's salary,perks,etc by 15% a year.
Lol.. Yes they could but they won’t. The hazard might be around for quite a while but as soon as everything starts to open back up there will be no need for the extra pay in their eyes. To quote The Incredibles: When everyone is special nobody is.”

Personally I think everyone deserves to keep the $2 on merit alone. But that hurts the shareholders pockets so it won’t happen. At the end of the day we’re all replaceable.

Last edited:
So theoretically we all (non seasonal TMs) are getting our raises this month. Whether we sit for a review or not.

that means you will make base + raise + $2.00, right?

For example $13 + .50 raise + $2 hazard pay equals $15.50.

sales are so bad at my store that we are literally just paying some people to stand around bc there’s nothing to do. i just have them clean everything all the time cuz there’s no more push and already a ton of people on flex

Wow....not at my store. We are down in foot traffic but consistently busy. Flex is making up a good chunk of sales but we got plenty of people doing in-store shopping too.

I can see some update on my compensation page in workday dated for May 31st. May be that’s the date our pay revision comes into place .

Back