Archived Thoughts on pregnant parking spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has 2 expectant mothers parking spots. Do you think it's necessary? Should there be ones for law enforcement/veterans too?

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ5
Eh. Who cares. But this reminds me, we have TMs who park in the handicapped spots. Okay fine. But....they literally walk all day at work. So like, clearly you're mobile. What difference does walking to your car make? You walked all day for 6-8 hours? Why do you need a handicapped spot? That's some psychological nonsense. If those were steps you were taking in the store it would be fine, but for some reason if those steps are too the car, they're suddenly impossible? Makes no sense to me.

Eh. Who cares. But this reminds me, we have TMs who park in the handicapped spots. Okay fine. But....they literally walk all day at work. So like, clearly you're mobile. What difference does walking to your car make? You walked all day for 6-8 hours? Why do you need a handicapped spot? That's some psychological nonsense. If those were steps you were taking in the store it would be fine, but for some reason if those steps are too the car, they're suddenly impossible? Makes no sense to me.
That's not worth the $250 ticket.

That's not worth the $250 ticket.

Well they have the placard, so it's legal. I just don't understand why they think it's necessary. It's such a psychological thing.

From what I understand, if you are visibility not disabled, you can still be fined despite the placard.

My store has 2 expectant mothers parking spots. Do you think it's necessary? Should there be ones for law enforcement/veterans too?
My store doesn’t have any, but when I was in my last month of pregnancy I started parking close to the door. I figured if our etl hr didn’t have to park in employee parking, neither did I. Plus I got winded very easily and reached the point of my pregnancy where I really stopped caring.

New store has them. Store I lived near while pregnant had them. I appreciated it because I was high risk after the second trimester, and needed to limit my activity (though I could do light duty food shopping and such). I REALLY appreciated it the second time when I also had a toddler in tow. Never used them early on, though.

I see very few handicapped people using those spaces. Mostly normal, healthy fuckers that just don't care. We have a LOT of those. I wish I could call a tow truck on them!!!

I've got a family member who loves the parking spaces for military veterans but hates the ones for expectant mothers. "I was able to walk all the time, they should be able to do it, too!" :rolleyes:

I feel it's unnecessary to dedicate a space for them. Their OBGYN should (but don't afaik) have the authority to declare them temporarily handicapped (for parking purposes), and give out a special placard. Parking spaces are already dedicated to the handicapped.

Edit: maybe it is necessary, until the above mentioned system is in place. I'm not happy about it though because mostly they'll go unused all day.

Last edited:
I feel it's unnecessary to dedicate a space for them. Their OBGYN should (but don't afaik) have the authority to declare them temporarily handicapped (for parking purposes), and give out a special placard. Parking spaces are already dedicated to the handicapped.

Edit: maybe it is necessary, until the above mentioned system is in place. I'm not happy about it though because mostly they'll go unused all day.
😂

And also it’s not like handicap parking, so anyone can park there if they want to. No one is out there policing whether or not someone is pregnant or a new parent.

I personally think it’s stupid. From a business standpoint though, I understand it. Target loves new moms because they drop $$$$$.

New store has them. Store I lived near while pregnant had them. I appreciated it because I was high risk after the second trimester, and needed to limit my activity (though I could do light duty food shopping and such). I REALLY appreciated it the second time when I also had a toddler in tow. Never used them early on, though.
Not judging you, but I feel like in the case of high risk pregnancy, one should just use Shipt (now that it exists).

Not all pregnancies are the same. Especially if you’re high risk!
I totally agree, and I tried telling her that! She kept insisting that if she could walk all three times she was pregnant, then everyone else should be able to do it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back