thoughts on the new pride collection?

the shirts are nice and soft but i can’t get into some of the graphic tee designs… thoughts?
I love quite a bit of the collection this year. As a RuPaul's Drag Race fan, I snatched up the Bob the Drag Queen and Gottmik T-shirts. Love the Trixie and Katya tank top too but the cut doesn't work on me.

I also bought the pronoun t-shirt to wear to work and am going to get the Schitt's Creek Rose Apothecary t-shirt.

Does Disney make that door mat……The gayest place on earth? Pretty great if they do. Lol
I like that doormat lol, and the one that says You're Here, I'm Queer. I like that they incorporated some humor this year, with the mats and the drink dispenser that says Cheers Queers. All the pop culture t-shirts are cool too.

I'm straight, but I really like this collection. We've been selling the coffee mugs and tumblers like crazy here in a deep red state and that makes me happy. Last year was the first year that my store even got the Pride set, so the fact that it's selling is amazing. I told our VM to let me know before it goes away so I can buy something in solidarity.

Not a fan of woke capitalism, or capitalism at all for that matter. But, knowing that all the local Trumpers walk by that right at the front of the store makes me happy. That it's selling gives me some hope for a more inclusive future around here.

Im never a fan of the mixing of lgbtq issues with blm type issues. Realistically speaking I have already seen too many kids start the "haha all black people are gay" teasing via association.
Feels like a cheap way for corps to just toss every issue into a bucket and be done with it. Not pleased Target continues that trend.

Its reqlly not as inclusive as some other companies but its a pr move so eh
I do like they inclusing the undergsrments though thats a nice touch
How would they make this more inclusive?

Im never a fan of the mixing of lgbtq issues with blm type issues. Realistically speaking I have already seen too many kids start the "haha all black people are gay" teasing via association.
Feels like a cheap way for corps to just toss every issue into a bucket and be done with it. Not pleased Target continues that trend.
I agree. I'm already on the fence about the trans chevron but I accept that there, it's still LGBT. I'm just a fan of the original rainbow. But the black and brown on the flag? I'm sorry, that's not my flag, that's not me.

I do wish they had more shirts that didn't have messages. The generic rainbow shirts and tank tops of past are what I prefer. I did find a dress shirt that I love. Pride Black Grid Collection - https://www.target.com/p/pride-black-grid-collection/-/A-85638400#lnk=sametab

I'm straight, but I really like this collection. We've been selling the coffee mugs and tumblers like crazy here in a deep red state and that makes me happy. Last year was the first year that my store even got the Pride set, so the fact that it's selling is amazing. I told our VM to let me know before it goes away so I can buy something in solidarity.

Not a fan of woke capitalism, or capitalism at all for that matter. But, knowing that all the local Trumpers walk by that right at the front of the store makes me happy. That it's selling gives me some hope for a more inclusive future around here.
Well I'm gay, and I hate it. And I'm really confused by your association with people you call "Trumpers" and inclusiveness. I voted for Trump, not that anyone asked, does that make me less gay?

And you're not a fan of capitalism. That's hilarious. You work at Target, correct? The company that would do anything to make a buck.

I find your whole post so obscene. But I support your right to make it wholeheartedly.

I just wish Target and other companies would just sell their merchandise and shut up. There's no reason for them to get involved in politics or make statements just for PR. If they just didn't say or do anything they would be a lot more inclusive. No matter what they do they are leaving someone out and then that opens the door for them to be offended. I am a fan of everyone just doing you and not judging or stereotyping based off of certain beliefs.

Well I'm gay, and I hate it. And I'm really confused by your association with people you call "Trumpers" and inclusiveness. I voted for Trump, not that anyone asked, does that make me less gay?

And you're not a fan of capitalism. That's hilarious. You work at Target, correct? The company that would do anything to make a buck.

I find your whole post so obscene. But I support your right to make it wholeheartedly.

Not going to speak for @seasonaldude here but as a nonfan of capatilism myself let's talk about that.
Yes, I worked at Target because in order to have electricity, eat, etc. I needed a job.
Would I have rather worked at a co-op where the workers owned the means of production and made decisions by concenses?
Of course, but such a place wasn't offering...yet.
They do exist and are expanding.
Italy has a region where more than a third of it's GDP is produced by co-ops.
Being stuck, buried, drowning in, (take your pick) capatilism means you have to make choices of the lesser of two evils every day.

As to your being gay and voting for The Last Guy.
Your sexuality and politics have nothing to do with each other.
Just like a person's color and how well they play basketball or how good they are with money
Stereotypes suck, plain and simple.
However, there is such a thing as voting against your best interest.
A trans person voting for The Twice Impeached Shit Gibbon, would be going against their best interest considering the many things he said and did to that community.

As to Target getting involved in politics.
This isn't political.
This is selling stuff.
I said this in a different thread but the fact is corporations don't care about morals or politics.
They are only meant to make money.
Their support of Pride is strictly performative.
Buy from gay owned businesses if that makes you feel better.
Or buy the stuff you like from Target and hope they do better next year.

Last edited:

Woke capitalism is great. I want these multibillion dollar corporations to pander to me. And it's better than having them oppose me.

If you're gay and vote for Trump, you're not less gay. I just pity you.

The rest of this about capitalism though.
1653667806706.png

I just wish Target and other companies would just sell their merchandise and shut up. There's no reason for them to get involved in politics or make statements just for PR. If they just didn't say or do anything they would be a lot more inclusive. No matter what they do they are leaving someone out and then that opens the door for them to be offended. I am a fan of everyone just doing you and not judging or stereotyping based off of certain beliefs.

Good. If Trumpers get offended by Target selling this stuff, that is a good thing.

Jaysus you guys are all insufferable sometimes.

Target supporting the queer community with their Pride collection is a good thing. And FYI a lot of the stuff was designed by queer artists, just as a lot of the Black History Month stuff was designed by Black artists. Target supports minority-owned businesses and entrepreneurs. THIS IS A GOOD THING.

Frankly, politics should have nothing to do with it. If you don't support your fellow humans in their endeavor to be respected and to have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else, then you are an asshole, politics be damned. It's 2022 people - shake the shit out of your head.

There's nothing political about it.

they were making fun of people getting upset at the pride merch...... and you.... got angry at the pride merch LMFAO
I'm a gay and I really like this year's pride collection. Not because I'd wear it but because it supports LGBT companies. But it also allows for LGBT people to become what's kinda normal. It shows "hey gay people exist".
I am also a raging Marxist. Not to get into politics but rather reality. We live in a capitalistic country. Although I wish it wasn't. I myself cannot change that. I myself cannot change that I have bills to pay.

I think you've stuck your head so far up your ass that you might need poppers to get it out.
Its not really about PR. Its about money LOL and if they get some side PR too extra brownie points.

Jaysus you guys are all insufferable sometimes.

Target supporting the queer community with their Pride collection is a good thing. And FYI a lot of the stuff was designed by queer artists, just as a lot of the Black History Month stuff was designed by Black artists. Target supports minority-owned businesses and entrepreneurs. THIS IS A GOOD THING.

Frankly, politics should have nothing to do with it. If you don't support your fellow humans in their endeavor to be respected and to have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else, then you are an asshole, politics be damned. It's 2022 people - shake the shit out of your head.
That's the thing I don't understand about this complaining over "woke capitalism". We agree that rich people and corporations control everything, and have a ton of political influence. And these people bitching about "woke capitalism" seem to be against corporations participating in pride and selling pride merchandise.

All I can think is "y'all would rather have them oppose you?" LGBT people fought for decades to be considered normal, and honestly in American society at-large? They won. They dragged the American populace kicking and screaming into supporting them. They did the same for corporations and have basically forced an entire month where corporations fight for LGBT money. Same thing happened with February and black people.

And I, according to the complainers, am supposed to oppose this. I do not understand. As I said elsewhere, I am glad I'm being pandered to. I'll gladly have corporations and banks and shit on my side for LGBT issues and I think it's stupid of people to try and drive a rift here.

Those of you saying this product is only out because Target wants to make buck clearly haven't worked here for very long.I have worked for Target long enough to know that it truly cares about its LGBT team members and the community. They were the first company I know to offer insurance for TMs and their partners. Target may not be a perfect company, but TMs that are LGBT+ have always been treated as equals for as long as I can remember- as they should be.

Those of you saying this product is only out because Target wants to make buck clearly haven't worked here for very long.I have worked for Target long enough to know that it truly cares about its LGBT team members and the community. They were the first company I know to offer insurance for TMs and their partners. Target may not be a perfect company, but TMs that are LGBT+ have always been treated as equals for as long as I can remember- as they should be.
right i get this. But they aren't just going to sell merch because it makes them look good. They sell merch to make money.

If it's not about PR and they truly care then why not just put it on a rack in it's appropriate department? Why put it on a special rack with all types of special signing in the middle of the aisle for all to see?

I am not offended nor do I really care one way or another about this collection. I just think it's funny that anyone thinks it's anything other than a win win for Target, they get sales and everyone thinks they care, that's it.

If they cared so much they would have displays for all of the holidays that only effect a small percentage of the population like Kwanza or Hanukkah (which they have 1 small back endcap every year).

Last edited:
Back