thoughts on the new pride collection?

You have the right to express your opinion, but LGBT have the right to express themselves, rainbows and all. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. But your freedom of speech isn't any more important than theirs.
when did i say it made me feel uncomfortable? please explain why you put words i did not express in my mouth

when did i say it made me feel uncomfortable? please explain why you put words i did not express in my mouth
we’re just sick of rainbows being shoved down our throats… please stop

I don't know, does saying you are sick of something count as saying you are uncomfortable with it?
Maybe you didn't mean it that way but it sure comes across that way.
Like seeing anything LGBTQ/Rainbow makes you sick/uncomfortable.
If that's not what you meant, I'm sorry but that's very much how it seemed.
Also, you didn't answer my question - if you had a family member who was gay do you think you would feel the same way?

Just a side note, our store was actually slumping with sales and then we got a big sales boost out of nowhere, around the time the pride displays went up. We have a large amount of LGBT guests and we love seeing and helping them. Pride displays are still front and center near checkout and no one said a peep.

I don't know, does saying you are sick of something count as saying you are uncomfortable with it?
Maybe you didn't mean it that way but it sure comes across that way.
Like seeing anything LGBTQ/Rainbow makes you sick/uncomfortable.
If that's not what you meant, I'm sorry but that's very much how it seemed.
Also, you didn't answer my question - if you had a family member who was gay do you think you would feel the same
TLDNR🤪

Just a side note, our store was actually slumping with sales and then we got a big sales boost out of nowhere, around the time the pride displays went up. We have a large amount of LGBT guests and we love seeing and helping them. Pride displays are still front and center near checkout and no one said a peep.
super🌈
Unimpressed Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Last edited:
we’re just sick of rainbows being shoved down our throats… please stop
What does the rainbow has fo do with lgbtq+? I’m asking because to me doesn’t represent a human or a sexuality . I grew up in a Christian family , Thursday’s , Saturday was bible group , Sunday was church , and summer Christian camps . A rainbow in the Bible is a biblical promise .
Anyway what I’m trying to say that no one’s sexuality would upset me as much as I see it here in this country . I was brought up with love thy neighbor do not judge and cast a stone . At the end of the day every human deserves respect and what every person does in their life is not meant to be judged by a human .

I had no idea about this but apparently its a part of the hate against Target. The designer had some Satanist designs on their independent store not available for purchase through Target
I am so glad that Target doesn't sell any items with Satanic symbols. Oh wait. /s

I'm gonna take some of your words and use them back.

I am so glad that Target doesn't sell any items with Satanic symbols. Oh wait. /s

Your point stands but lets not forget that the Satanic panic was very real in the 80s. And the 90s. And the 2000s. If there is one thing that has been consistent from the last 50 years now its that anything that is trying to use Satanism to be edgy and is generally counter-culture, it will be protested and boycotted. ACDC seems tame now but it (as a part of a lot of these music groups) did have their moment of protest too.

Not my sandbox, nor my shovel, but it’s a sad day for everyone when TM do not feel safe while at work. And Targets response is to pull merchandise, which kinda settles the ‘is it just about money’ question.
I feel a little gullible for believing the company explanation about only select stuff being moved in select areas. They went too far with it and yeah, it settles the safety vs. profit question clearly. Ironically our worst unhinged complaint came after the recalls too. Yelling at us because we didn't take down everything. Psychos.

Funny thing is, true Satanists don't believe in Satan, as referred to in Christian Mythology. Believing in Satan would entail also believing in God/Jesus/Sky Guy, which they don't. Satanism is basically, as I understand it, all about your personal being. "Gods" are just constructs of the mind of men, so no need to worship the "Gods" when man is responsible for their "creation".

Some people just want to be offended and will find any reason to do so.

Back