Time off requests.

Dmj958

Salesfloor TL
Since when did Target change when we can use vacation time? My SD told another TL she was required to work her off weekend since she took off her working weekend and that she can't use vacation time on weekends. We can only use Vacation time M-F? When did this policy change or is my SD just playing games?

Since when did Target change when we can use vacation time? My SD told another TL she was required to work her off weekend since she took off her working weekend and that she can't use vacation time on weekends. We can only use Vacation time M-F? When did this policy change or is my SD just playing games?
That’s been a thing for a couple years. TLs and up are required to work atleast 2 weekends a month. If you take off your normal rotation you have to work the opposite weekend to make it up. Most retail workers don’t get any weekends off so I don’t think it’s that unreasonable. It is retail after all and our business is on the weekends

There's two things going on here, the time off and the vacay pay. I don't know how TL time off works but if you submit a request for vacation pay HR gets it and we just approve it if it fits the criteria.

There's two things going on here, the time off and the vacay pay. I don't know how TL time off works but if you submit a request for vacation pay HR gets it and we just approve it if it fits the criteria.
I don’t know how it works at your store but the stores I worked at as a TL we don’t request off the days, I just ask my boss and he/she would write it on their TL time off calendar. Easier to see if it’s written out so not too many key carriers have the same days off. Mytime really only used for TMs at my store and my last one.

I don’t know how it works at your store but the stores I worked at as a TL we don’t request off the days, I just ask my boss and he/she would write it on their TL time off calendar. Easier to see if it’s written out so not too many key carriers have the same days off. Mytime really only used for TMs at my store and my last one.

That's probably how it's done because I never see TL time off requests. What I do see and approve are their requests to be paid for that time off.

Back