Tip

So I have been helping Guest Service to take orders outside for drive up and some guest wants to give me tip but i refused them. I was just wondering if im allowed to take the tip from guest?

I remember when COVID really kicked in and the Drive Ups started becoming a huge part of our business. For that first couple of weeks, the tip offers were wild.

Some one may see you taking it and they will throw you under the bus. If it's in print (I never bothered to read the rules) then as AC stated, simply tell an ETL. Low ball it, don't give $$ amounts and move on with your day.

We are supposed to refuse if the guest insists we can accept. We do need to let HR ETL know. When our HR is helping with drive ups and receives a tip she will always give it to the team members.

I can’t imagine how many tip offers you drive up team members must get. I work in electronics and I have brought out a lot of TVs and have already made about $120. I think it’s dumb to turn down a tip. It’s always $10 for some reason 😂 I’ve also gotten a tip from recommending and selling someone a laptop. You just gotta be secretive about it, knowing my HR and leadership they probably couldn’t care less and never pay attention but still.

I can’t imagine how many tip offers you drive up team members must get. I work in electronics and I have brought out a lot of TVs and have already made about $120. I think it’s dumb to turn down a tip. It’s always $10 for some reason 😂 I’ve also gotten a tip from recommending and selling someone a laptop. You just gotta be secretive about it, knowing my HR and leadership they probably couldn’t care less and never pay attention but still.
You do realize that you are ALWAYS on camera. AP is aware and everyone knows.

You do realize that you are ALWAYS on camera. AP is aware and everyone knows.
So far so good but we’ll see. Like I said I know our leadership team pretty well and they are super nice especially ap. A couple of years ago someone got a small warning about tips but nothing since. I know they would give a warning before any kind of punishment. Also no one in my store ever said we weren’t aloud to get tips... Leadership is usually more strict about rules they enforce.

Very few these days. Contactless pickup makes that challenging. There is one lady that will put an envelope in her trunk.

Do you think Karen driving the obligatory white huge expensive GMC Yukon Denali with her Titleist golf hat is going to tip anyone? Not in a million years. Depends on the demographics.

Years ago I worked as a franchise rep (major one, name not important) and traveled the entire East coast. We did openings, construction, teaching, advertising, everything. The units in the high income demographics had the tightest cheapest customers. They would bitch about prices. We carried a variety of food items, large menu with additional add on's etc. The units in the urban environments, the working class areas with regular working class people never bitched about price. There were Karens then but they weren't called Karens, they were called rich bitches. I much preferred representing those areas over the wealthy areas, only thing was you had to lock your car at every visit, we called on units in some very rough areas.

Don't do it. I almost reported someone because I am a jealous tm who pushes heavy pfresh loads who also deserves tips. But I didn't. The kid needs these job and I am tired.

He and AP are tight no worries 😎
Yeah totally 😂 I don’t know how much work AP has but if I had to take a guess, following team members on camera with merchandise that was legitimately checked out for ten minutes isn’t on their agenda unless they are purposely looking for tips. Catching team members getting tips hasn’t been a priority at my store for ap or leadership for at least a year.

Last edited:
Yeah totally 😂 I don’t know how much work AP has but if I had to take a guess, following team members on camera with merchandise that was legitimately checked out for ten minutes isn’t on their agenda unless they are purposely looking for tips. Catching team members getting tips hasn’t been a priority at my store for ap or leadership for at least a year.
Pretty sure they haven't been and won't be running their priorities by you for approval.

Back