Archived Tips for a new cart attendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LessWork MorePay

Desperado
I recently got hired by target, my job is pretty straight forward. I don't really need any tips on what to do, or how to work the cart machine.

Basically, being honest, I just want tips on how to slack off. I already don't clean the bathrooms. I already just walk around sometimes and spend a lot of time in the bathroom. I don't do the trash a lot. Is there anything I'm missing? Do you guys have any tips that could make me an even better slacker (I'm already that damn good). I'm gonna need some tips, it gets hot here in Texas in the summer, and I really don't want to exert myself too much.

Chris? Is that you?

Is your store attached to a mall? If so, periodically to any of the corridors that isn't attached to Target and relax. If your store is a stand alone building, go to a side of the building where there aren't any windows and take a break (try to do it in your car if you have one).

Just take your time walking in the parking lot and in the store but not at the portion at the front of the store.

Just do a less than 5 minute restroom cleanup.

If you have an overlapping shift with another cart attendant, let him work the heavy carts and the awful weather conditions.

Also, don't walk too far away from,the store to get a cart and if it's night, avoid all areas that are not lit.

If your AP and TLs don't really pay attention to what team members are up to you can probably just sit in your car until someone calls you to do something. I did that pretty often when I used to be a cart attendant.

Just make sure stuff is sort of done, at least done enough that people won't call you about it.

Never go to the bathroom on your lunches or breaks. Always go when you're clocked in and getting paid for it.

Consider getting into smoking. Then you'll have breaks, as well as smoking breaks.

Hey, just sit in your closed garage with the car running. No better way to slack off than to just not show up at all. :D Getting to the car means at least you tried.

Best request for tips so far. I must have taken your shifts a while back.

Post your shifts on the SWAP board.
Order food before clocking out for lunch.
Ride an empty Cart pusher outside.
If someone calls for you to help with a spill, "I'm outside getting carts"

Never go to the bathroom on your lunches or breaks. Always go when you're clocked in and getting paid for it.

Follow this life-tip...
"Boss makes a dollar,
I make a dime.
That why I...
...take a crap (**or any other bodily function**) on company time!"

You don't get paid enough for the work you have to do, accept any tips you get for carryouts even though the policy is not to.

If your AP and TLs don't really pay attention to what team members are up to you can probably just sit in your car until someone calls you to do something. I did that pretty often when I used to be a cart attendant.

Just make sure stuff is sort of done, at least done enough that people won't call you about it.

When I was cart attendant the person I replaced would spent about 1/3rd his shift in his car vaping, funnily enough he was a fast worker so he got away with it.

Oh and as soon as someone calls for assistance with a carry out, start cleaning restrooms.
I actually like carry outs. I told a lady last week "Lets try and make this take 20 minutes so I don't have to go back to work" she thought it was hilarious.

Also, don't walk too far away from,the store to get a cart and if it's night, avoid all areas that are not lit.
I'm looking to slack off at work, I'm not scared of the dark parts of the parking lot, haha. I'm 6'3 and I can handle myself.

Wait till there is 1 cashier on a lane & no gsa. Who are they calling backup, you first. They will know when you are slacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back