Archived Tired of retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, just request a couple days off if you can. I know it can be tough on finances and such, but honestly you've still just gotta take care of yourself before you take care of the store.

Once you've had a couple days to relax a bit, I might recommend looking for something a little less soul-killing if you're 100% sure you're done with Spot/retail.

Sometimes you just have to step away and let it collapse. It's the only way the situation will be rectified.

This is a bad sign for all of us as we're witnessing the start of attrition due to this type of inattention. Some of us have not seen it or choose not to. But by the posts here, it is turning into a serious problem for those who do not have the opportunities to move at a minimum laterally to a better situation.

Spot is plagued with poor leadership at the moment. Given what I have read, that's not changing any time soon either.

Call off for the injury, rest and heal. And then you really need to train your team so that you're not the only person who "knows logistics like me".

Ask to be trained as a CA... it's the best gig at Spot as long as you're not lazy.

I've been at work running trucks and backroom for 17 straight days. No BRTL no ETL-LOG no STL, I've got no day off in sight because nobody else knows logistics like me. My body hurts to the point I cant sleep because of the back pain and collapse upon waking up because my back wont allow me to stand up immediately. Going in again at 6 to do it all over again. I'm tired guys.

Where is the leadership?

Now my viewpoint is that of a part timer where Spot is my side hustle. You need to step back some and let the leadership lead. Unless you are a TL (you didn't specify in your post), quit doing your boss's job, you AREN'T paid to do it.

With the level of pain you've described and the deterioration of your physical self, you need to take care of yourself. You need to decide how to do that:. go to the doctor, pursue a work comp claim, lots of hot baths and Advil, take some time off?? But you need to DO something. Keep doing what you are doing, will keep giving you the same results.

You don't mention how many hours you're getting over 7 days, but it seems like too many hours spread over too many days. Everyone needs downtime to recharge both physically and mentally. The mental can affect the physical.

Remember, Spot (the corporation). does NOT care about you. Spot needs to hit corporate goals and doesn't care about any collateral damage as long as it's not illegal.

I've been at work running trucks and backroom for 17 straight days. No BRTL no ETL-LOG no STL, I've got no day off in sight because nobody else knows logistics like me. My body hurts to the point I cant sleep because of the back pain and collapse upon waking up because my back wont allow me to stand up immediately. Going in again at 6 to do it all over again. I'm tired guys.
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. Spot does not seem to care that you are having to work all these days without a day off and that you are hurting. Call out and let the spots fall where they may. Leadership should be doing their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back