Archived TL pay on holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrX

I heard that TL's get paid for holidays, even if they do not work on that day. I also heard that if a TL works the holiday, they get time and half plus additional holiday pay. Is this true? This is what a fellow team member told me as being one of the benefits of becoming a TL, that and guaranteed hours.

Thanks in advance.

It shows up on my Time Card in Kronos. Even though Wednesday is my usual day off and I’m off.
8239B719-586B-4B07-8BF7-ADB8717C6C34.jpeg

I thought if you didn't work the day before, you don't qualify for some reason. So you get it regardless?

Yep, that’s just one of the few additional benefits TLs get. If you work 8 hours that day, you basically get paid double time and a half. If you don’t work, you still get 8 hours of straight time pay.

We’re supposed to get at least 32 hours a week. At my store we almost always get 39.5 and have to cut OT most weeks. Next week we are crazy light on payroll though and I was bumped down to 35 hours. Every other weekend off and holiday pay are nice perks though.

Not guaranteed hours. But yes on the holiday pay.

I get this, but when I hear it repeated over and over, it gets old. I got the highest rate increase I could on my review this year, and I still have to search for hours some weeks. But what is that stl? You need someone to watch over the POG team while the tl is out? Okay, I'll help out. Two weeks later ... You aren't guaranteed any hours.

This tired refrain is the ONE reason I'd ever advocate for a union.

Target got all this publicity for increasing the pay to $15 an hour. But it wasn't the whole truth. To pay for that, they'll have to make cuts somewhere. It's such a low class thing to do. Oh, we value you as an employee and blah blah blah. But when I need something, it's .... You are guaranteed hours. They need a new line.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
We’re supposed to get at least 32 hours a week. At my store we almost always get 39.5 and have to cut OT most weeks. Next week we are crazy light on payroll though and I was bumped down to 35 hours. Every other weekend off and holiday pay are nice perks though.
I’ve had my hours cut, too. I’m pissed, but trying to stick it out until I find something new.

I am not a TL and I get these perks, have for years. Time and a half pay on the holiday and 8 hours holiday pay that week. On the rare occasion I am also scheduled 40 hours that week, it makes for a nice paycheck!

How do you get holiday pay as a TL? Is it automatically added, or do you have to request it on eHR?

When I read posts like this it just makes me more frustrated with Target and my store. I've been a typical 30+ hours a week TM. But this week I was scheduled 16, Mon-Tues. Off the rest of the week and NO HOLIDAY hours. Meanwhile, my TL is scheduled 39.5, has their RDO on WED and has been RED in their work center. I just have to throw my hands up. It doesn't help that Corp decided to take our set hours this week and push BTS workload to next week. So after my forced vacation, I'm going to come into a week of 300 hours. This company is the equivalent of a human centipede. Ass kissers to ass kissers.

When I read posts like this it just makes me more frustrated with Target and my store. I've been a typical 30+ hours a week TM. But this week I was scheduled 16, Mon-Tues. Off the rest of the week and NO HOLIDAY hours. Meanwhile, my TL is scheduled 39.5, has their RDO on WED and has been RED in their work center. I just have to throw my hands up. It doesn't help that Corp decided to take our set hours this week and push BTS workload to next week. So after my forced vacation, I'm going to come into a week of 300 hours. This company is the equivalent of a human centipede. Ass kissers to ass kissers.
My store would split those 16 hours up into 4 hour shifts for 4 days. I’d rather work the 16 in 2 days though.

I am not a TL and I get these perks, have for years. Time and a half pay on the holiday and 8 hours holiday pay that week. On the rare occasion I am also scheduled 40 hours that week, it makes for a nice paycheck!
Plus the shift differential when working the early hours. I just can't wait to get the paycheck!

I feel ya. My hours got slashed for this holiday week but I tell myself, I'm going to show you all ass kissers that I need my fucking money and I'm staying extra all week and did almost 10 hours on the 4th. I may feel like I drove myself to the ground but I had to do it to get my money. Especially with the couple of leaders running the store with the other few on vacation, who gives a shit. And when ass kissers decide to bring over other members to market who don't even got a clue what FIFO is but they just want to work market to get hours like WTF? Then I'm staying and get my money. Anyway I'm doing it for myself and not Target. Because Target doesn't care whether or not I'm able to put food on the table or have a roof over my head. And they don't want me to spend my money there anyway because the prices are overlyinflated that my red and khaki I buy at you guessed it...Walmart! It just sickens me when all the favoritism kicks in where some TMs who think they're on some TL bench get to sit on their ass one hour after they punched in and walk around doing nothing but I have to "captain" the market team and do my PA duty and almost ended up receiving FDC truck the other day because the jackass scheduled to receive is lounging around and talking with his buddy and the other member just stands with a pallet jack by the dock watching that even the trucker acknowledged his lazyness. And the TL doesn't even do anything about it. When I bring it to their attention, TL is like, did you give them feedback? I gave them what I could, but when are you going to start holding them accountable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back