TL Process

SuperTarget

Former Team Member/Leader
Side note: I’m a TL but still don’t understand this process so asking for information that people may have on this.

So in recent myDay communication in stated mid-February that there would be process changes in the process to bring on a PG45 and it would lean more heavily on the Talent Acquisition (TA) team. From the changes it seems that if you want to open a position now you would have to make a request to the TA team instead of being able to do so at the store level. Anyone know the reason for the change?

Also how much of this is handled outside the store? Obviously the ETL of the workcenter, HR, and SD are conducting the interviews and are your first barrier to any position but what is this TA Team? Are they just a recruiter? How much is the HRBP involved? For internal promotions it seems they still have a recruiter as a hiring manager basically. What is the purpose of this?

What hands are involved in a PG45 being selected

I would think it would be to have a central place to where all potential TLs would show their interest.

A current TM wouldn't know of any openings in the district otherwise IMHO.

I also wonder whether they have trouble recruiting a TL from TMs if you don't you don't know where or what the TL opening is.

From what I understand it's that all TL positions would go through a recruiter similar to how ETLs are handled. So now an ETL or SD would contact the recruiter and give them some parameters or what they are looking for and they would supply candidates to them.
As for purpose. I think it's just that turnover is so high that they want a bank for all candidates so there is less turnaround time. I know our district has been doing this since Q4 to some extent. We got a TM promotion to TL from another store quite far away that I don't think would of been considered had it not been for this program. I'm assuming it's incorporating some sort of bench system for internal promotions as well as a bank for outside highers.

The communication said if you need TA involvement to help staff a PG45 position, the ETL HR can submit a request. This is if you do not have internal talent. TA assisting isn’t the first step. You would go through your pipeline and if there isn’t anyone for the position, you would partner with the HRBP to see if there’s someone in the district, if not, then you create a request for a TA to help staff the position.

The communication said if you need TA involvement to help staff a PG45 position, the ETL HR can submit a request. This is if you do not have internal talent. TA assisting isn’t the first step. You would go through your pipeline and if there isn’t anyone for the position, you would partner with the HRBP to see if there’s someone in the district, if not, then you create a request for a TA to help staff the position.
We have more than few TMs pass on TL positions knowing they wouldn't staff a department adequately.

Back