Archived TL's who oversee Beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhettB

I've forgotten more than many young ETLs know.
How much time do you actually spend in Beauty vs. your other areas? In my Super Target, we have 2 TL in hardlines. One has Beauty, the other Electronics/Entertainment. With the volume of time we are expected to be in our FACE areas, I feel that we have to compromise other areas. It doesn't help that we have to help with the truck almost daily, even though the modernization rollout hasn't integrated into the sales floor yet. Not to mention being behind in sales plans and clearance.

My store has a TL for Beauty and I think she spends way too much time there. We also have a TL for electronics but he's more mobile and will basically cover all of seasonal, toys, and sporting goods since they're right next to electronics. He'll only stay in electronics if he's the only tm scheduled, which makes complete sense. Meanwhile the Beauty TM will have 2 other TMs in cosmetics and 1 in pharmacy/personal health area and trying to get her to push a little chem reshop or answer the call buttons in chem is like pulling teeth. I see no reason why you need 4 TMs to cover such a small area and none of them can walk 3 aisles over to help a guest.

I meant the TL who oversees Beauty as part of their other areas. The sales culture pretty much dictates that a fair amount of time is spent there... all the while keeping up everything else too.

How much time do you actually spend in Beauty vs. your other areas? In my Super Target, we have 2 TL in hardlines. One has Beauty, the other Electronics/Entertainment. With the volume of time we are expected to be in our FACE areas, I feel that we have to compromise other areas. It doesn't help that we have to help with the truck almost daily, even though the modernization rollout hasn't integrated into the sales floor yet. Not to mention being behind in sales plans and clearance.
You’re a super and you only have two hardlines TLs? What are you doing for yearly sales? I’m in a chain store and we have 3 hardlines TLs and do about 60 Million. Also to answer your question we have one to close coverage in beauty everyday so the TL doesn’t spend a ton of time there.

You’re a super and you only have two hardlines TLs? What are you doing for yearly sales? I’m in a chain store and we have 3 hardlines TLs and do about 60 Million. Also to answer your question we have one to close coverage in beauty everyday so the TL doesn’t spend a ton of time there.

We'll hit 55 million if Fulfillment continues as is.

Beauty is a really pointless position and waste of payroll. We have 2 beauty TMs who spend 95% of their time in other areas, usually covering electronics or cashier breaks. We had 3 but one of them got fired for too much snapping and 'gramming on company time. I seriously doubt cosmetics makes back the money they spend paying those two especially because there's an Ulta next door.

My store has a TL for Beauty and I think she spends way too much time there. We also have a TL for electronics but he's more mobile and will basically cover all of seasonal, toys, and sporting goods since they're right next to electronics. He'll only stay in electronics if he's the only tm scheduled, which makes complete sense. Meanwhile the Beauty TM will have 2 other TMs in cosmetics and 1 in pharmacy/personal health area and trying to get her to push a little chem reshop or answer the call buttons in chem is like pulling teeth. I see no reason why you need 4 TMs to cover such a small area and none of them can walk 3 aisles over to help a guest.

Chem is a priority one push that should be done within two hours of completion of the truck. The remaining pulls, autofills and price changes should be done by the dedicated stocker for Chem who should be out there from 8 till 4 if scheduled correctly or 6 to 1 if a former Flow team person.

Target in its infinite wisdom decided that you need 4 TMs to cover such a small area and they pay them 50 cents extra for that so your Beauty TL is follower her assignments. No she/he isnt required to assist in Chem. An Endive is another thing entirely.
Chem reshop should not be touched by Beauty. It personally should be assigned to a front end individual who isnt busy or a sales floor person who isnt attached to an area. It should be delivered to those who are active in their areas and the remaining put away.

It wastes time (and vehicles) for them to constantly go up to GS to get stray. My suggesting is you are a leader, you do that. if you aren't, then push the stray.

Beauty is a really pointless position and waste of payroll. We have 2 beauty TMs who spend 95% of their time in other areas, usually covering electronics or cashier breaks. We had 3 but one of them got fired for too much snapping and 'gramming on company time. I seriously doubt cosmetics makes back the money they spend paying those two especially because there's an Ulta next door.

I agree. I always have. getting spot to see it?

Chem is a priority one push that should be done within two hours of completion of the truck. The remaining pulls, autofills and price changes should be done by the dedicated stocker for Chem who should be out there from 8 till 4 if scheduled correctly or 6 to 1 if a former Flow team person.

Target in its infinite wisdom decided that you need 4 TMs to cover such a small area and they pay them 50 cents extra for that so your Beauty TL is follower her assignments. No she/he isnt required to assist in Chem. An Endive is another thing entirely.
Chem reshop should not be touched by Beauty. It personally should be assigned to a front end individual who isnt busy or a sales floor person who isnt attached to an area. It should be delivered to those who are active in their areas and the remaining put away.

It wastes time (and vehicles) for them to constantly go up to GS to get stray. My suggesting is you are a leader, you do that. if you aren't, then push the stray.

Wow, ASANTS hardcore here. My store doesn't have a dayside Chem TM. LODs are supposed to pick someone from the dayside team to work on Chem. However it makes no sense to pull from the rest of hardlines when there's 1 person in seasonal, 1 in toys, and 1 more covering 3 blocks that span furniture, bedding, bathroom, stationary, and kitchen. When I am LOD presented with the above situation and beauty team has 4 people? I will take someone from beauty to do chem. The beauty TL has been told time and time again that while we cannot pull the only TM in beauty, if there are multiple TMs then the LOD can pull to help out the rest of the store. We pull from electronics and we pull from service desk as well, even though they too are modernization areas. Beauty is not above the rest of the store.

Wow I just assumed all Supers were busy! What’s your over all head count? TL? ETLs?

A little off-topic, but I remember receiving this from a different user who messaged me years ago of their headcount for AAA+ volume:

STL
- ETL AP
-- APS
--- TPS
--- TPS
- Sr. ETL Hardlines
-- ETL Hardlines
--- TL Hardlines (seasonal/electronics)
-- ETL Hardlines
--- TL Hardlines (toys/sports)
-- ETL Hardlines
--- TL Hardlines (housewares)
-- ETL Softlines
--- TL Softlines (baby/mens)
--- TL Softlines (boys / girls)
-- ETL Softlines
--- TL Softlines (womens/shoes)
-- ETL GE
--- GSTL
---- GSA
---- GSA
--- GSTL
---- GSA
-- ETL GE
--- GSTL
--- GSTL
- Sr. ETL Food
-- ETL Food
--- TL Grocery (dry)
--- TL Grocery (dry)
--- TL Grocery (chemmies / paper)
--- TL Grocery (h&b / pets)
-- ETL Food
--- TL Deli
--- TL Bakery
--- TL Meat
-- ETL Food
--- TL Starbucks
--- TL Food Ave.
--- TL Produce
---- PA Produce
-- ETL Food
--- TL Dairy
--- TL Frozen
-- ETL Log (overnight)
--- ETL Replen (overnight)
---- Sr. TL Log (k carrier/overnight)
----- TL Flow (overnight)
----- TL Backroom (dayside)
---- Sr. TL Log (k carrier/overnight)
----- TL Backroom (dayside)
----- TL Flow (overnight)

Last edited:
Wow, ASANTS hardcore here. My store doesn't have a dayside Chem TM. LODs are supposed to pick someone from the dayside team to work on Chem. However it makes no sense to pull from the rest of hardlines when there's 1 person in seasonal, 1 in toys, and 1 more covering 3 blocks that span furniture, bedding, bathroom, stationary, and kitchen. When I am LOD presented with the above situation and beauty team has 4 people? I will take someone from beauty to do chem. The beauty TL has been told time and time again that while we cannot pull the only TM in beauty, if there are multiple TMs then the LOD can pull to help out the rest of the store. We pull from electronics and we pull from service desk as well, even though they too are modernization areas. Beauty is not above the rest of the store.
and this is the beauty of Target and why it is in the mess its in.

Our STL and DTL would not let us touch Beauty or electronics to do anything outside their zones. Chem is next to Beauty on the line with the pharmacy. beauty is aisle 1 to 6 HBA 7- 16 Pham is 17-25 Chem is the rest to 40. A&A is only allowed to leave their area do backups.
STL loves to shop in the store after her shift so its a simple no go.

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back