Archived TM discount for "friends and family"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see a TM discount, I love to ask which location they work at. This is just friendliness, I love the banter and exchanging stories. But the other day when I asked, the guest said their uncle worked at Target on the east coast and they were allowed to give out two TM discount cards for "friends and family". I was surprised but their uncle said that's their store policy. Is this true or just a snow job?

I vaguely remember from training that if a TM has dependants they can get special cards for it.

Yeah they could get in trouble for that. It’s none of your business though I just wouldn’t recommend doing it.

When I see a TM discount, I love to ask which location they work at. This is just friendliness, I love the banter and exchanging stories. But the other day when I asked, the guest said their uncle worked at Target on the east coast and they were allowed to give out two TM discount cards for "friends and family". I was surprised but their uncle said that's their store policy. Is this true or just a snow job?

Unless they're a dependent or immediate family, that's an offense that could lead to termination, if I remember correctly.

Spouse and minor children. I've heard if you can claim them on your taxes, but my first year at Target I was claiming my adult daughter on my taxes and I was told no to her using it.

My disabled adult daughter uses my dependent card. My HRTM is fully aware and told me that she falls under the approved definition. I made sure to ask about that one in orientation.

Had an AP Etl that would come out his office to scan his discount card for his girlfriend when she would shop at our store. 🙄

My girlfriend uses hers in her name b/c she qualifies as my domestic partner.

Just an

if they qualify as a domestic partner it’s ok

And if you do it for domestic partner it shows up on your paycheck and you get taxed on it. Which is why I took it away from my partner and told him I would buy everything with my discount.

And if you do it for domestic partner it shows up on your paycheck and you get taxed on it. Which is why I took it away from my partner and told him I would buy everything with my discount.
Wait.... what? They consider any discount income and tax you on it but not a married person or someone with kids? How has this not been a lawsuit yet?

Our store explains it as people you feed or people that feed you. So if you live at home with your parents and they buy your food, they can use it. If you have your college students living at home, they can use it. If the kid lives in the dorm or their own place, then no.

Our store explains it as people you feed or people that feed you. So if you live at home with your parents and they buy your food, they can use it. If you have your college students living at home, they can use it. If the kid lives in the dorm or their own place, then no.

Only if the TM is a legal dependent of the parents. A high school kid, yes. A college kid, maybe. A 30+ year old recovering from the 2008 recession, nope.

A kid who lives in a dorm but who is a dependent on your taxes is a yes IMO.
And I would agree here, because the dorm is not a permanent residence.

Only if the TM is a legal dependent of the parents. A high school kid, yes. A college kid, maybe. A 30+ year old recovering from the 2008 recession, nope.
You're right, tax dependent only. I checked carefully because I have an adult disabled daughter that I can't claim on my taxes. She can't use my discount.

You're right, tax dependent only. I checked carefully because I have an adult disabled daughter that I can't claim on my taxes. She can't use my discount.
It's not my business, but are you sure you can't claim her as a dependent? I also have an adult disabled daughter and I have had no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back