Archived TM taking guest survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, don't play dumb. Team members can do surveys... that belong to them! You stole someone's receipt and admitted to it by signing your name & email address.
You busted yourself.
Taking a guest's receipt is a no-no, no matter what reason you may have had. If the guest leaves it behind, you give it to your SETL in case they return for it. Or you may be told to throw it away.

I apologize if that was harsh. I understand where you're coming from. At my store cashiers will have their bfs or friends do surveys for them occasionally. It's good for them, it's good for the store. Its also fraudulent.
I'm going to pass along this info about getting caught so no one else gets in trouble ✌️

Man, don't play dumb. Team members can do surveys... that belong to them! You stole someone's receipt and admitted to it by signing your name & email address.
You busted yourself.
[/QUOTE
not playing dumb, but can someone get fired for something that isn't specifically forbidden?

I apologize if that was harsh. I understand where you're coming from. At my store cashiers will have their bfs or friends do surveys for them occasionally. It's good for them, it's good for the store. Its also fraudulent.
I'm going to pass along this info about getting caught so no one else gets in trouble ✌
yes, at least someone else can learn from my giant mistake

not playing dumb, but can someone get fired for something that isn't specifically forbidden
It's a behavior that is specifically forbidden, we're talking about the falsifying of information here. I can't pull it up but I guarantee it's forbidden somewhere in the Information Security Policy, which you signed as part of your training.

Also, even if it weren't/isn't specifically forbidden by the letter, it's the same idea as a TM getting fired for being rude to guests on a regular basis. The handbook never expressly says it, but the behavior goes against the expectations of a TM and the standards Spot holds them to. Hence fireable offense if it keeps happening, or on the first time if it's serious enough.

Last edited:
Taking a guest's receipt is a no-no, no matter what reason you may have had. If the guest leaves it behind, you give it to your SETL in case they return for it. Or you may be told to throw it away.
Guests leave receipts at SCO all the time. They get crumpled up and thrown in the trash to help prevent receipt shopping. I’ve only had one instance since we got sco’s that a guest came back looking for their receipt and since it had only been 5 minutes it was on the top of the trash can and easy to find.

Guests leave receipts at SCO all the time. They get crumpled up and thrown in the trash to help prevent receipt shopping. I’ve only had one instance since we got sco’s that a guest came back looking for their receipt and since it had only been 5 minutes it was on the top of the trash can and easy to find.
Yep, they do. And same situation here, someone came back looking for it, except we couldn't find it. The guest in question had come through right at the end of one attendant's shift, and she didn't throw it away at the nearby registers. So that TL then insisted we hand them over when they got left behind.

not playing dumb, but can someone get fired for something that isn't specifically forbidden?

Of course. It doesn't say in the handbook that I can't run around the store naked. Pretty sure it doesn't say I can't have sex with a colleague in the bathroom either. Yet if I did either of those things I'd surely be fired.

We don't even need to go that extreme. In many states you can be fired for any of the following reasons:

Your shirt is too wrinkled
Your hair wasn't brushed this morning.
You wore your shirt backwards.
I don't like the color of your shoes.

Why are these reasons that you can be fired in many states? At will employment; you don't need a reason to be fired.

As for people coming back and wanting their receipts - it's rare, but if it happens they can be reprinted. It can't be done (or at least couldn't in 2015) from the registers themselves, but can be done from computers in the TSC.

Wait you used a guests receipt? I missed that, and that changes things. That’s a HUGE no no and for that you should be given CA, in my opinion.

you can’t be like “oh I didn’t know TMs couldn’t do surveys” bc while that may be true that you didn’t know, you HAD to have known you can’t use a guests receipt.
yes, I am in SCO the majority of my shifts and dozens get left daily

As for people coming back and wanting their receipts - it's rare, but if it happens they can be reprinted. It can't be done (or at least couldn't in 2015) from the registers themselves, but can be done from computers in the TSC.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was given to understand that the "receipts" that can be reprinted in TSC do not have the barcode or the transaction and VCD numbers for returns.

You're correct, they lack some of the info that a regular receipt does, but you can still use them in conjunction with an ID to return items and then override the prices to what is shown on the receipt. You can override the return method as well so that it doesn't go back to a gift card as is the default.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was given to understand that the "receipts" that can be reprinted in TSC do not have the barcode or the transaction and VCD numbers for returns.
It has the receipt number but no barcode or VCD, so yes it cannot be used for returns.
You're correct, they lack some of the info that a regular receipt does, but you can still use them in conjunction with an ID to return items and then override the prices to what is shown on the receipt. You can override the return method as well so that it doesn't go back to a gift card as is the default.
My store does not do this unless it’s truly a super high level issue— we’re not gonna look up Karen’s receipt because she paid with cash and lost hers.

I'd offer to look it up for any guest, but most would say no thanks when I'd warn them that it might take me 5-10 minutes to print their receipt for them.

Most of the time they were just SOL though. I was one of two people in the store that even knew how to do it. So if one of the other GSA's was there the answer was just, "Sorry, tough luck.".

It has the receipt number but no barcode or VCD, so yes it cannot be used for returns.

My store does not do this unless it’s truly a super high level issue— we’re not gonna look up Karen’s receipt because she paid with cash and lost hers.
In my store receipts that were printed from tsc are absolutely used for returns. You can also bypass entering vcd. Our registers are consistently talking to their printers. That isn’t the guests fault our equipment fails to provide them proof of purchase should they need to return something.

I took it from a receipt left by a customer, but since I rang them and for some dumb reason gave my email address, which includes my name, they did trace it to me. HR ETL says she has to talk to her HR Partner and doesn't know what is going to happen. Was hoping it wouldn't be that bad, but?
If the reason you took part in a survey was so bad... WHY DID YOU NOT CALL HOTLINE!? This blows my mind you have worked for Target for 4 years and this incident was so terrible it caused you to dig through the trash and take a receipt...not belonging to you.. to fill out a survey...I would hate to think about anything else you may have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back