Archived TM discount for "friends and family"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store explains it as people you feed or people that feed you. So if you live at home with your parents and they buy your food, they can use it. If you have your college students living at home, they can use it. If the kid lives in the dorm or their own place, then no.
Your parents cannot use your discount no matter what. If you live with them, you can buy things for your household. But they cannot.

It's not my business, but are you sure you can't claim her as a dependent? I also have an adult disabled daughter and I have had no problems.
She's able to hold a job with accommodations and makes too much money for me to claim her.

The handbook says that parents, siblings, relatives, and friends are not dependents. They are not eligible to use the TM discount.
I've seen a few of these over the years. I tell the "friends" and "siblings" to have their TM talk to HR.

Knowingly accepting a ™ discount from someone who should not be using it is grounds for everyone’s favorite disciplinary action up to and including termination
Correct. Sometimes these "dependents" are from TMs at other stores. Once I caught an adult "dependent" big sister of one of our store's TMs. Eventually told STL. TM was coached, but still works there, i think they learned their lesson.

Knowingly accepting a ™ discount from someone who should not be using it is grounds for everyone’s favorite disciplinary action up to and including termination
How am I supposed to know who I can accept a TM discount from? The area I live in has multiple stores within a 15 minute drive, so it's common for a TM to shop or work at a different store.

During orientation we were told we could buy things for family/friends who aren't eligible for a discount as long as we didn't get anything in exchange/return for said item.

I think if family members pickup items at guest service, it’s okay. The TM is paying for it under their account but are adding an alternative pickup person. AP hasn’t said anything to me about the alternative pickup person for my orders.

How am I supposed to know who I can accept a TM discount from? The area I live in has multiple stores within a 15 minute drive, so it's common for a TM to shop or work at a different store.

During orientation we were told we could buy things for family/friends who aren't eligible for a discount as long as we didn't get anything in exchange/return for said item.
You can ask for ID when they present the discount card. It says that on the fine print of the discount, “be prepared to show acceptable I.D.”
If they use the wallet barcode, you won’t know at all. There is no way to verify at POS since no name is given with TM number on the wallet barcode.

You can buy items as gifts for friends and family but they cannot pay you back in any form.

How does that work when it can be added to cartwheel? You can’t really check the name on the number added to an app

How does that work when it can be added to cartwheel? You can’t really check the name on the number added to an app
Did you guys read the first word? Knowingly. It doesn’t mean you have to do a background check on the person... it just means if you KNOW the guest can’t use the discount, you can’t accept it. Like guest says to you “oh this is my cousins hairdressers uncles dog walkers card” (extreme but you get the point).

We can ask for ID to prove the name on the Discount Card matches. But would we? Lol

We can ask for ID to prove the name on the Discount Card matches. But would we? Lol
The only reason this even comes up is that I personally like to welcome visiting TMs and dependents to our store, and I'll ask them which Target location they work at. It's not a common issue. I really love to welcome visiting TMs to come shop with us again... Target doesn't offer "friends and (extended) family" TM discount cards but a tiny number of TMs seem to think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back