Archived TM Discount & RedCard stackable with Target Vision Insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to Target Optical for an exam, frames and contacts soon. Was wondering if after my EyeMed insurance takes care of what it can on the bill, that if its possible to then use your TM Discount and RedCard discounts as well?

On the eye exam itself, no. EyeMed will cover some of the cost of either frames/lenses OR contacts, but not both so you can use TM discount and Redcard for those. You will just have to figure out which is more cost effective for you.

I no longer use Target Optical since they switched to the new third party vendor running it. Not only is service poor at my local location, but the selection is not very good. I now go to Visionworks that has a huge selection of frames. Because of my lens Rx, I been paying anywhere from $275 to $350 for a complete pair for over 20 years. Visionworks doesn't take EyeMed but are almost always running deals (2 pairs for the price of one, etc.). I even dropped EyeMed this year because I didn't think it was worth it.

I no longer use Target Optical since they switched to the new third party vendor running it. Not only is service poor at my local location, but the selection is not very good. I now go to Visionworks that has a huge selection of frames. Because of my lens Rx, I been paying anywhere from $275 to $350 for a complete pair for over 20 years. Visionworks doesn't take EyeMed but are almost always running deals (2 pairs for the price of one, etc.). I even dropped EyeMed this year because I didn't think it was worth it.
When did Target switch to a vendor?

I think it has always been a third party vendor which licences the Target brand name. There have been at least 3 different companies running it over the past 15 years.

Gotcha, that's unfortunate. Fortunately I live in a big city so I have multiple Target Optical options to choose from and just picked the one with the best google reviews. I get what your saying about selection though, very limited but they do seem to carry whats relevant style-wise. Being a Target TM and Redcard holder Target Optical seemed like a no-brainer. So EyeMed covers up to $150 on either "Glasses" OR "Contacts". Target Optical had a deal which was 50% off everything after the purchase of Contacts or Glasses. Used the insurance on my 6 month supply of Acuvue Oasys contacts and then used the 50% off for the Glasses which was suggested by the gentlemen in the Optical Shop. I got all the common features with my glasses like Scratch Resistant & Glare Resistant coatings but did opt into the Anti-Blue Lighting suggested by the optometrist because I do look at a monitor alot for work as well as being an avid PC Gamer. Hopefully this thread helps others.

Attachments

• IMG_20190110_231644473.jpg
    IMG_20190110_231644473.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back