Archived Tm number

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 20 minutes. Not even kidding. It's extremely repetitious and easy to remember lol.

I think it took a few times clocking in and out before I stopped having to look at the card. Now it's been a couple of years since I left and I still know it. I'd probably get a new one though if I went back.

My last job, I had no trouble at all remembering my POS pass code because I could make it anything I wanted and I made it my best friend's birthday.

I never could remember my pass code for the alarms because it was some meaningless number that I was given and couldn't change.

I ended up just storing it as a note in my phone.

Not long at all. I divided it into three parts of 2 - 3 - 3 and all three parts are a simple pattern that's easy to visualize on a num pad. I can type it in a fraction of a second too.

By the end of my 1st shift. I was cashier training & kept having to log on over & over & over....

I had mine turned into a bar code and tattooed on my arm -- Now I just scan myself every morning
thumbsup.gif

As my Grandfather spins in his grave
toetap05.gif

It took me a couple minutes to memorize my number. Did I hear correctly that you can't use a speed ID if you're a TL/GSA/anyone else with supervisor numbers?

It took me a couple minutes to memorize my number. Did I hear correctly that you can't use a speed ID if you're a TL/GSA/anyone else with supervisor numbers?

Nope. I'm not sure how, but it's been different in the two stores I've been at. My first store, you could make a speed ID, but it'd ask for your pin when you scan it, so it really only saved you from entering your actual TM#. My current store, it just works full out. Personally, I have the opinion that speed IDs should not be allowed. Cashiers ALWAYS leave them on the registers, and then all it takes is someone to scan that, and instant access to everything in the register. Even worse if you've got Supervisor numbers, cuz then you have extra options like requisition.

Personally, I have the opinion that speed IDs should not be allowed. Cashiers ALWAYS leave them on the registers, and then all it takes is someone to scan that, and instant access to everything in the register. Even worse if you've got Supervisor numbers, cuz then you have extra options like requisition.

^This. A couple yrs back they termed a TM who was skimming registers using speed slips she'd taken from registers. Even tho they're time-sensitive, too many TMs leave 'em on the keyboard where they can fall off or be snatched.

mine was easy as it contained part of my social. I remembered it up to six months after I left. After that I forgot...

After you've typed in your TM#, there's an option for "speed slip". You'll key in your PIN, then it will ask you to key in your shift end-time (exp time). It'll print out a bar-code slip you can scan each time you need to log in. Keep it on you, carry it to whatever lane you move to.

It took me about a minute to learn it. Not kidding. I'm great with numbers and mine has a very recognizable number in it so it's super easy for me to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back