Archived TM Training??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know about this training TM's are supposed to be doing in store to make sure everyone knows what is expected while helping a guest?

From time to time we will have a long drawn out huddle about it that’s about it

A&A, beauty, electronics, and front end have different trainings this month. They're specific to their workcenter. I've done a few of the A&A ones. The first one was trying on an outfit you wouldn't normally wear to understand feel, sizing, etc. Then there's some quizzes on workbench we have to do afterwards.

Oh yea I was told about this.. there is a more guest experience based training that you can access on a mydevice about the basics that a lot of people forget like smiling and greeting the guest. Our old GSTL had another seasoned GSTM and I sign off on it

Oh yea I was told about this.. there is a more guest experience based training that you can access on a mydevice about the basics that a lot of people forget like smiling and greeting the guest. Our old GSTL had another seasoned GSTM and I sign off on it
Store is supposed to be allotting hours for this training. How about more TM's on the floor and working equipment instead of spending money to "train us" to remember to smile and to greet a guest?

A&A, beauty, electronics, and front end have different trainings this month. They're specific to their workcenter. I've done a few of the A&A ones. The first one was trying on an outfit you wouldn't normally wear to understand feel, sizing, etc. Then there's some quizzes on workbench we have to do afterwards.

wait, what?

For A&A, it makes sense. It's very easy to sell something your passionate about, but what about the clothes you don't find cute? It was called a "fit test". I tried on AND dress and found out that brand runs big, which is helpful when assisting guests. I tried on something I thought was ugly and ended up loving it.

Hm... As a Male I think it would be quite difficult for this to be useful to me LOL....

I don't know about other guys, but I know I only trust myself when it comes to pants. And me advising a women saying "Well it runs big, so it would look amazing on you". uh....

If this is a test for A&A, with their upper pay grade. I think it is Sexist, and yes I am biased, but it is one of the first times as a Male I can say I see a woman getting paid more, because she is a woman.

Yet I go to a bar, and still buy all the drinks. FML.

Hm... As a Male I think it would be quite difficult for this to be useful to me LOL....

I don't know about other guys, but I know I only trust myself when it comes to pants. And me advising a women saying "Well it runs big, so it would look amazing on you". uh....

If this is a test for A&A, with their upper pay grade. I think it is Sexist, and yes I am biased, but it is one of the first times as a Male I can say I see a woman getting paid more, because she is a woman.

Yet I go to a bar, and still buy all the drinks. FML.
I have males on my softlines team... So I don't really have a response for you. We've also had other males on the store try on the new brand when it launched. I'm sorry you don't feel confident being honest with guests. I often tell women shopping in xhil/MSC that it's junior sizing and I recommend going up a size. Also, there are different body types. I am smaller up top, so a shirt might run big on me, but not pants. It's about helping them pick something they're going to love.

I have males on my softlines team... So I don't really have a response for you. We've also had other males on the store try on the new brand when it launched. I'm sorry you don't feel confident being honest with guests. I often tell women shopping in xhil/MSC that it's junior sizing and I recommend going up a size. Also, there are different body types. I am smaller up top, so a shirt might run big on me, but not pants. It's about helping them pick something they're going to love.

It is not that, Men don't ask men, information on pants.

Confidence? I think females would take it a different way if I said something works or doesn't, rather than another Female telling them that. It is not confidence it is actually courtesy.

Also, men don't ask men about how a pair of pants look, or does this shirt bring out my eyes. The best I could ask "another Man"with confidence" is, "It all depends on the crotch, if it works.... it works". We would both laugh, and agree, he would leave (with a pair a pants, depending on the "flow").

Store is supposed to be allotting hours for this training. How about more TM's on the floor and working equipment instead of spending money to "train us" to remember to smile and to greet a guest?

So true. Face training

Front of store
APPAREL
COSMETICS
ELECTRONICS.

We use the extra hours to pad our flow habit. With the new mpm app it's crazy how much stores overspend their logistics budget. Not one logistics team in my district was within 100 hours of plan.

Last edited:
The electronics test mention PlayStation vita, we have not carried that system in 2 years. My electronics tm told me about when taking the test.

Last edited:
Another thread with an oxymoron for a title.

pg1LvMZ.gif

Beauty was ask open ended questions , build a basket and recommend products. Then product knowledge and a quiz that gave you 60 seconds to answer. Seriously whoever decided to do a timed quiz sucks...

I did the A&A and Beauty training. Asides from skincare stuff and a lot of the information on our softlines brands, none of it was news to me. While I did originally roll my eyes and consider it to be a big waste of time, I'm glad I got the chance to be a little more in-depth with training and will be better able to help guests.

I think the A&A quiz questions are helpful. I didn't realize how many softlunes team members didn't know like, what a henley is. Or what type of sleeve is considered a "cap" sleeve. Or what a moto jacket is. I guess handling the merchandise is one thing but really getting training on what the differences are is another.

It's kinda cool that someone finally realized there is a gap there. Cause if someone calls for a henley it's 100% faster for the guest and the TM if they actually know what that is.

But yeah. Wish they weren't timed quizzes. Also. Does sending the quiz score even go anywhere? Do the individual TM have to login to zebra device if they're doing the training or is it fine to stay logged into one # and get a few TM to do it at once?

But yeah. Wish they weren't timed quizzes. Also. Does sending the quiz score even go anywhere? Do the individual TM have to login to zebra device if they're doing the training or is it fine to stay logged into one # and get a few TM to do it at once?
It's more like one of those trivia quizzes at a bar. It's supposed to be fun, and you learn things, but really, each person isn't scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back