Archived TMs evaluations and compensation changing in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a TL meeting today and asked about the raise to $10. My ETL-HR said she couldn't say anything, but there will be an announcement in February. So I'm taking that as a yes. I'm guessing that anyone who has worked for Target for less than 8, maybe 10 years will be making the same amount.

Is it fair? Certainly not. But 75% of the company is going to get a bigger raise than they would normally get. I'll take that as a win. Last year my store had about 5 people who got a raise of over $1.00. This year, I expect that number to be at least 50 out of ~130 TMs. If you got affected by the raise last year (which was probably anyone who worked for Target for less than about 6 years, assuming your store's minimum was bumped to $9.00), then you will get a raise of over $1.00 as long as your rating is at least the same as last year.

It's going to suck looking at all the new hires who make almost the same amount as people who have busted their ass for years, but I'm not going to complain about an extra dollar per hour, especially after getting nearly a dollar last year!
I got forty cents last year, cause I was at 9.03. I'm now at 10.00 same as the guy with six months on my team. He keeps his mouth shut though, so I anticipate him making more than me come reviews. After five years of being a slave.

I have a question for you experienced TMs: after a wage raise, will they adjust the pay to the different paygrades?

I have a question for you experienced TMs: after a wage raise, will they adjust the pay to the different paygrades?
Yes. If one paygrade goes up, the others tend to go up by the same amount.

Last year, N3 (cashier, sales floor, guest service) was $8.25. Then it went up to $9.00. Every paygrade went up by $.75. I'm anticipating every paygrade to go up by $1.00 this year.

It depends on what you mean by boned. This year, you might get a larger raise than without this increase, which is good for you, but it brings everyone else up to your level, which you might see as unfair.

EDIT: I was a 5+ year employee last year and got a higher raise because of the new minimum. And this year's raise will be even better. Sure everyone else is basically making the same, and my first several raises were wiped out, but I'm going to be making a hell of a lot more money than I was making 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Yes. If one paygrade goes up, the others tend to go up by the same amount.

Last year, N3 (cashier, sales floor, guest service) was $8.25. Then it went up to $9.00. Every paygrade went up by $.75. I'm anticipating every paygrade to go up by $1.00 this year.
Oh wow that would be nice. So say they decide to bring cashier from $9 to $10 all the other paygrades would go $1 up? Food avenue 9.25 to 10.25? Flow 9.75 to 10.75?
That sound almost too nice to be true!

Oh wow that would be nice. So say they decide to bring cashier from $9 to $10 all the other paygrades would go $1 up? Food avenue 9.25 to 10.25? Flow 9.75 to 10.75?
That's what they did last year. I loved it. It was my 5th annual review and it was by far my biggest raise. And this year will be even better. And a lot of people will be pissed about getting more money because other people will be getting more money, too.

That's what they did last year. I loved it. It was my 5th annual review and it was by far my biggest raise. And this year will be even better. And a lot of people will be pissed about getting more money because other people will be getting more money, too.
As long as I get my raise, I won't care uf others make double of what I make!
I'd like $1 raise + yearly raise, it'd make me feel like I can actually afford luxuries ya know like groceries and a roof over my head!
We'll see how it goes :)

That's not how it worked last year fir most stores. Everyone below 9.00 was brought up to 9.00. Then given their raise on top of it. Anyone over 9.00 only got their raise.

We were at 8.50 base for cashier/salesfloor. They came up to 9.00 and got a raise. As a specialty tm I was at 9.03 so I only got my .40 raise. Which put me at the same rate as many other tm.

Save thing happened with this bump to 10.00 to match seasonal. Our base was 9.00, I was at 9.43. Both my base rate and the pog tm hired for months ago are now at 10.00. Forget that I am trained for everything but guest services and fa/sbux.

That's not how it worked last year fir most stores. Everyone below 9.00 was brought up to 9.00. Then given their raise on top of it. Anyone over 9.00 only got their raise.

We were at 8.50 base for cashier/salesfloor. They came up to 9.00 and got a raise. As a specialty tm I was at 9.03 so I only got my .40 raise. Which put me at the same rate as many other tm.

Save thing happened with this bump to 10.00 to match seasonal. Our base was 9.00, I was at 9.43. Both my base rate and the pog tm hired for months ago are now at 10.00. Forget that I am trained for everything but guest services and fa/sbux.
What paygrade are you? What you're telling me is that you are currently making below the minimum for your paygrade, assuming you're at N7. Meaning that you could have quit in June and reapplied in July and ended up with a raise.

When they raised the minimum to 9.00 (from 8.25 at my store), N17 went from 14.00 to 14.75. I was making 14.49 at the time, so they bumped me up to 14.75 and then gave me my annual merit raise on top of that.

What paygrade are you? What you're telling me is that you are currently making below the minimum for your paygrade, assuming you're at N7. Meaning that you could have quit in June and reapplied in July and ended up with a raise.

When they raised the minimum to 9.00 (from 8.25 at my store), N17 went from 14.00 to 14.75. I was making 14.49 at the time, so they bumped me up to 14.75 and then gave me my annual merit raise on top of that.
No they bumped me to the new 10.00 minimum, they did not bump me the 1.00 difference so I could keep my raise though. So I could have quit and reapplied and not lost a cent.

No they bumped me to the new 10.00 minimum, they did not bump me the 1.00 difference so I could keep my raise though. So I could have quit and reapplied and not lost a cent.
So they put you at 10.00 or they put you at 10.00+merit raise?

EDIT: never mind, your store got an extra raise during the holiday season. I missed that part when I first read your post. Either way, what Apapaia and I were saying was that the paygrades each go up by the same amount, not necessarily each team member.

Last edited:
The whole paygrade thing doesn't really make much sense at my store.

We got the bump in base pay to $9 last year, and PG07 TMs got bumped up to $9.50 (plus review raise). Then later in the year, our store bumped base pay up to $10 to stay competitive. But PG07 TMs only got bumped up to $10.25.

This leads me to believe that the store or district level leadership can screw with the paygrades if they want to in order to give lower raises.

The whole paygrade thing doesn't really make much sense at my store.

We got the bump in base pay to $9 last year, and PG07 TMs got bumped up to $9.50 (plus review raise). Then later in the year, our store bumped base pay up to $10 to stay competitive. But PG07 TMs only got bumped up to $10.25.

This leads me to believe that the store or district level leadership can screw with the paygrades if they want to in order to give lower raises.
I think the district can do a lot of stuff with paygrades. I will say that they are doing whatever they want in your district in order to give higher raises, though, but I'm really confused how N5 would fit in there.

I think the district can do a lot of stuff with paygrades. I will say that they are doing whatever they want in your district in order to give higher raises, though, but I'm really confused how N5 would fit in there.
So if the company raises base pay to $10, do you think our N3 would stay the same and N7 would go up to $10.50?

And I have no clue what happened to N5 either. All I can think of is we just don't have anyone at that paygrade right now. No Cafe/Photo/dedicated Instocks teams. We do have a pricing TM, but she has been with the company for ages and used to be a TL so she probably has some special situation.

I'm in a state where minimum wage raised, and Target raised base pay with it

I didn't see a nickel of that, and don't expect to at any point with minimum wage raises

I'm in a state where minimum wage raised, and Target raised base pay with it

I didn't see a nickel of that, and don't expect to at any point with minimum wage raises
But your maximum earning limit went up...yay! Lol.

Idk how target is doing it, but at Walmart all lvl As (cashiers, cart pushers) will be 10$, lvl Bs (deli/fresh, stocker) will be 10.50$, lvl Cs (customer service manager) will be 12$ +1.00$ if you're a CSS/csm, and lvl D's (dept manager) will be 15$.

If you are already at minimum, you will get a 2% lump sum payment of your annual wage plus an automatic performance review so a possible additional raise.

Not sure what will happen with support managers or assistants, but they said some kind of wage increase is in the talks for them.

So, I'm gonna have to ask why I'm making N03 wages when I should techinically be at N07 wages by now based on time with the company and cross training. This thread has been a godsend.

So, I'm gonna have to ask why I'm making N03 wages when I should techinically be at N07 wages by now based on time with the company and cross training. This thread has been a godsend.

What is your PRIMARY WORK CENTER? That sets your PAYGRADE.

If your primary work center is cashier that is one level

If your primary work center is Flow that is one

If your primary work center is ElecSFTM then that is another.

Just because you may be trained in everything in the store, doesn't change the work center and pay grade unless you are OFFICIALLY in THAT WORKCENTER at the HIGHER PAYGRADE. That requires you WORK 50%+ at that work center to get it and any raises that may be associated with that position. Also length of service doesn't change the paygrade. This is not a step paygrade where you move up with each year or years of service. Your pay grade will determine when you cap out aka limit the top amount you make.

What is your PRIMARY WORK CENTER? That sets your PAYGRADE.

If your primary work center is cashier that is one level

If your primary work center is Flow that is one

If your primary work center is ElecSFTM then that is another.

Just because you may be trained in everything in the store, doesn't change the work center and pay grade unless you are OFFICIALLY in THAT WORKCENTER at the HIGHER PAYGRADE. That requires you WORK 50%+ at that work center to get it and any raises that may be associated with that position. Also length of service doesn't change the paygrade. This is not a step paygrade where you move up with each year or years of service. Your pay grade will determine when you cap out aka limit the top amount you make.
And this is why it makes me angry when requested to change work centers and told to not "clock it in". There are a lot of unofficial workcenter changes that can ultimately affect a tm's pay and benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back