Archived TMs evaluations and compensation changing in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was something on Redwire about TMs evaluations and compensation changing in 2016. I didn't have time to read it. Anyone?

You know, RedWire is accessible from any computer even at home. Message me if interested in the details. But I'm looking through for that info now.
Edit: all I found was that 2016 APR will be changing and the quick guide will be revealed to all ETLs and TLs by the ETL-HR or STL mid January, TMs will be updated mid-March.

Last edited:
Instead of 4 % raises, we will all get 2% raises. woo hoo!

/sarcasm

Raises????? What are these "raises" you refer to??? And 4%??? You surely must have Target mixed up with another company..... Target would never give out a 4% raise...... unless you are a CEO!

I got a 4% raise before becoming a TL last year /hides under desk

I remember last year at this time we were squeaking by on low hours as usual but, as the months rolled by, they were still low.
If they did go up, it was minuscule amounts.
I was talking to our ETL-HR about it & she basically said "It's the 'new normal'. Get used to it."
That, in part, fueled my departure from spot: knowing we'd be working at a frenetic pace & STILL not be able to complete our tasks satisfactorily.

Red, this was a very different Christmas season for our store. We didn't hire enough seasonal TMs. There was practically no OT this year. It was much more stressful. We were even understaffed the last week before Christmas.

That's EXACTLY what was happening at my store the Christmas before.
Not enough seasonals but they were handing out OT like candy.
I had 9 weeks with OT but eventually everyone started burning out 'til even OT wasn't enough of an incentive.
Which made it all the more brutal when the payroll hammer came down that January.

That's EXACTLY what was happening at my store the Christmas before.
Not enough seasonals but they were handing out OT like candy.
I had 9 weeks with OT but eventually everyone started burning out 'til even OT wasn't enough of an incentive.
Which made it all the more brutal when the payroll hammer came down that January.
I need to transfer. We got stingy even though we had nobody. I can easily work back to back twelve hour or longer shifts. For weeks. But nope. Go home. Sleep. Take some time to rest... Wtf? Bitch let me earn cash. Uncle Obama is gonna want it come April for the health tax.

What are the changes I want to know.

I heard its something with the actual raise system too. The entire O, EX, E, IE, and U category system may be changing. It also may change the scoring system for leaders. As of right now you get a number. 90+ is an O, 80-89 is an EX etc. Right now it does not matter if you are an 80 or an 89 because both are the same percentage of a raise (both an EX) so there is no real motivation as long as you land somewhere in the top half of your peers in most instances. Back when I was a TL, I got an 80 my first year (so an EX) and was excited since it was good for a new in role. My last year as a TL I got an 88 (so an EX) and was told I was one of the best TLs in the district but it was the same raise as my first review! The entire system is pretty pointless.

I heard its something with the actual raise system too. The entire O, EX, E, IE, and U category system may be changing. It also may change the scoring system for leaders. As of right now you get a number. 90+ is an O, 80-89 is an EX etc. Right now it does not matter if you are an 80 or an 89 because both are the same percentage of a raise (both an EX) so there is no real motivation as long as you land somewhere in the top half of your peers in most instances. Back when I was a TL, I got an 80 my first year (so an EX) and was excited since it was good for a new in role. My last year as a TL I got an 88 (so an EX) and was told I was one of the best TLs in the district but it was the same raise as my first review! The entire system is pretty pointless.
Anything but real raises every year are pointless. McDonald's doesn't give you a raise less than ten cents. But target does. Complete crap.

I see them atleast matching Walmart (if/when they go to $10).

Walmart goes $10 min./base in February. They raised to $9/hr last year, and then gave the employee a bump to $10/hr after 6 months. So all Walmart employees who have been there at least 6 months are already at $10/hr.

I'm not at work right now, I took a vacation, but I have a TL meeting my first day back on Monday and I'm pretty sure reviews will be the topic

Let us know what happens! I'm not working this Monday and haven't heard anything about a meeting.

I was talking to my etl hr the other day andthere's a good change involving base pay. Etl didn't realize it super duper confidential and I wasn't supposed to know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back