Archived TMs trying to get me fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so upset over this. Some other seasonal TMs who have been complained about by our TL and other TMs in our department went to an ETL and complained about me. They pulled me into TSC and everything. I literally never did any of the stuff they accused me of doing but I expressed my apologies if I made anyone feel uncomfortable or offended because that's not me. I am not the problem I know this but I feel like I can't say that now because it will look like I'm playing some game and I am an adult I don't do drama. When other people that work in my department got word of why I was pulled into TSC they were pissed and they wanted to say something to the ETL right then and there but I don't want them to do that because I just feel it will make me look like I'm playing into the drama or whatever. I'm not sure what I should do at this point?? Does anyone have any advice?

I understand not wanting to do drama.
As a grownup it goes against our nature to get dragged in what really amount to high school games and you expect the bosses to recognize that you are not that person.
However, it doesn't always work out that way.
You need to be willing to mount a vigorous defense.
If there are people who want to speak up for you, let them say their piece.
The fact is the better you look, the less chance there will be of this going anywhere.

Sure it's possible your bosses are just going through the motions because they have to take every complaint seriously.
They may know you wouldn't do what you are accused of but have to ask anyway, still it doesn't hurt to make sure there is no room for them to think any other way.
There is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself as long as you do it calmly and rationally.

I had something like that happen - I had a sit down with a SrTL that I didn't know, and a GSTL I didn't really know. A guest accused me of saying something, and apparently my co-workers backed it up.

I was upset, asked WHY i would say such a thing, and (tried to) quit. I wasn't going to deal with the crap/lies/drama. I'm still not sure what the deal was with it - but the SrTL believed me and we have become friends. I don't deal with BS well...

I'd let them speak up for you just to put an end to it. Good luck!

There's a million cameras in the store. It's not hard to prove you didn't say something to a guest if they claim otherwise (or to prove you did say it if you actually did).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back