Archived Told to game the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but if I have 50 items in a Waco. I'm not gonna scan every item just to hit all items scanned to only get a fucking error because I didn't scan one item. I tell my team ONLY do it if your sure it's not there. If its there and you take it out of the system but leave it then you will get an error.

I'm sorry but if I have 50 items in a Waco. I'm not gonna scan every item just to hit all items scanned to only get a fucking error because I didn't scan one item. I tell my team ONLY do it if your sure it's not there. If its there and you take it out of the system but leave it then you will get an error.

Unless you're talking Beauty why in the world do you have 50 items in one Waco? That's way to much. You probably know this, but you only need to scan the different DCPI's. So if your Waco of 50 items has 10 different DCPI's then you're only scanning 10 items. You don't need to scan the dupes. At least that's what I've been told.

Unless you're talking Beauty why in the world do you have 50 items in one Waco? That's way to much. You probably know this, but you only need to scan the different DCPI's. So if your Waco of 50 items has 10 different DCPI's then you're only scanning 10 items. You don't need to scan the dupes. At least that's what I've been told.

Nope its a modernization thing. Called untrained lazy fucks jamming all their backstock in as few steps as possible.

You have to scan all the dupes because some TMs *cough*beauty*cough* insist on backstocking items that look almost exactly alike in the same Waco and don't know how to use rubber bands.

You have to scan all the dupes because some TMs *cough*beauty*cough* insist on backstocking items that look almost exactly alike in the same Waco and don't know how to use rubber bands.

I think what's worse is when it's the exact same item, but has a different barcode because it's dually located. Unless you're careful, it's really easy to screw up and backstock two of the same sunscreen as the same DPCI even if they're not.

I think what's worse is when it's the exact same item, but has a different barcode because it's dually located. Unless you're careful, it's really easy to screw up and backstock two of the same sunscreen as the same DPCI even if they're not.
Adding in my 2 cents. "That's why it's recommended to organize your backstock and read the upc's." I've trained all the former presentation tm's and my new DBO's that not everything is the same so when it doubt, scan it! Almost all our TM's have My devices so we are lucky there. Now if they can use it to not only push freight...That's my next goal. Teach them all to change capacities, Scan outs in EXF. Help a guest locate an item at another store, etc.

Sorry, went off topic.

Last edited:
Adding in my 2 cents. "That's why ir's recommended to organize your backstock and read the upc's." I've trained all the former presentation tm's and my new DBO's that not everything is the same so when it doubt, scan it! Almost all our TM's have My devices so we are lucky there. Now if they can use it to not only push freight...That's my next goal. Teach them all to change capacities, Scan outs in EXF. Help a guest locate an item at another store, etc.

Sorry, went off topic.

But your goal will help prevent errors in the future. I also scan everything cause these scanners seem to not like a barcode one minute then like it the next.

Adding in my 2 cents. "That's why ir's recommended to organize your backstock and read the upc's." I've trained all the former presentation tm's and my new DBO's that not everything is the same so when it doubt, scan it! Almost all our TM's have My devices so we are lucky there. Now if they can use it to not only push freight...That's my next goal. Teach them all to change capacities, Scan outs in EXF. Help a guest locate an item at another store, etc.

Sorry, went off topic.
Just making sure since nobody ever told me during training: does every UPC have a unique DPCI? If not then I may have caused some errors myself the other day...

Update. I asked another ETL about this. She said it came directly from the SD.

Gripe water. One particular type has two barcodes, far more of one than the other. One goes in baby hardlines and one goes in OTC medicines, and the boxes are identical. Annoying as fuck, as there's no way to tell the ones that go to the OTC medicines and the ones that go to baby hardlines apart without scanning every single barcode, and most people don't even realize that some of it doesn't go to baby hardlines.

Gripe water. One particular type has two barcodes, far more of one than the other. One goes in baby hardlines and one goes in OTC medicines, and the boxes are identical. Annoying as fuck, as there's no way to tell the ones that go to the OTC medicines and the ones that go to baby hardlines apart without scanning every single barcode, and most people don't even realize that some of it doesn't go to baby hardlines.

There's also a children's Tylenol with this same issue. There is a Viva bulk paper towel that has two DPCIs for no good reason. One of the LOL balls does as well. The LOL one is so ridiculous that if you enter the DPCI that guests order it from online into MyWork it will redirect you to the other DPCI. A two pack of Crest also has this problem, but haven't seen that for awhile. I think they finally stopped sending us one of them. And, an Up and Up Kleenex box has this issue as well. I could go on. There are those Up and Up file folders too. There are a couple of cosmetic items, but I forget which ones exactly.

OPU life: My Work says it's the same. It looks the same. So, it's the same damn thing. I'm hand keying it in.

Some infants Tylenol has the same issue.

Nope its a modernization thing. Called untrained lazy fucks jamming all their backstock in as few steps as possible.

Too bad we can't just wack on the duds on the head. It's kinda sad sometimes when you think how just one person can knock all the dominoes over.

You can get 2 different upc codes for one item when there is an item merge.

That I always think of the sunscreen packs we get, the ones that go in seasonal that usually have a small size or another version then the regular bottles that go in Cosmetics, they never get stocked correctly until that item merge which always takes ages to actually happen.

My response is always "If you had bothered to train people properly you wouldn't have to cheat the system." When they do less than nothing to help us get our job done, then have the gall to ask me to hide their fuck ups? Pigs have a better chance of flying.

AIS - is a FlexTM best friend some days.

Exactly.

My BRTL (not a thing anymore, but you get the idea) told me that he didn't want his name to pop up on the report. He was helping me get a baby crib for SFS, while I worked on an OPU.

To no surprise, it wasn't there. My ETL GM (formerly ETL Log), dumped all the cribs in this one location at the ground. They never fixed/corrected the inventory to backup the move.

I'm hitting AIS, every single time. I stopped caring, because its not my job to cover their butts.

From what I've seen on some of those products (the children's ibuprofen and Tylenol), if it looks like the barcode is on a sticker on the package, it goes in baby. If it looks like it's printed directly on the package, it goes in OTC.
I haven't checked to see if there's a difference with the gripe water. But the other ones, DC sends the baby ones in my repacks all the damn time. Even with they're wrapped together with that yellow sign that says "for secondary placement/baby".

From what I've seen on some of those products (the children's ibuprofen and Tylenol), if it looks like the barcode is on a sticker on the package, it goes in baby. If it looks like it's printed directly on the package, it goes in OTC.
I haven't checked to see if there's a difference with the gripe water. But the other ones, DC sends the baby ones in my repacks all the damn time. Even with they're wrapped together with that yellow sign that says "for secondary placement/baby".
Nope, no sticker, completely identical. I found it while detail zoning that area of baby hardlines, I scanned one to look for location, something else was there and something-something else was where the something else should be. By that time I couldn't remember where the gripe water went, grabbed another one and scanned it and that particular box went in aisle A. I had to scan every box because a close visual inspection showed no difference other than two numbers in the UPC code.

Nope, no sticker, completely identical. I found it while detail zoning that area of baby hardlines, I scanned one to look for location, something else was there and something-something else was where the something else should be. By that time I couldn't remember where the gripe water went, grabbed another one and scanned it and that particular box went in aisle A. I had to scan every box because a close visual inspection showed no difference other than two numbers in the UPC code.
Lame. I hate that. It's like the damn EOS lip balm. Or the kids Band-Aids they put on a sidecap in toys.

Lame. I hate that. It's like the damn EOS lip balm. Or the kids Band-Aids they put on a sidecap in toys.

I hated that toothbrush and band aid toys side cap, no one could seem to understand that crap didn't go in HBA. You would toss it in toys reshop and you would watch the TM take them all out and throw them in the HBA reshop. wash rinse repeat. til it all went clearance.

We always had that with licensed socks/jewelry and C9 belts and in the winter C9 gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back