Archived Top 3 least favorite areas to push

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Softlines (clothes only. I love the shoes, there is no space for ANYTHING and I find it hilarious)

2. Tie between the deodorant and toothpaste aisles. Irks me so much. Why are there so many boxes??

3. Baby FOOD. UGH! Just why to that whole aisle.

Honorable mention is the ornament section of seasonal during Christmas. Just a waste of cardboard and styrofoam.

1. Home Decor
2. Softlines
3. Chem or Pets

(I love working cosmetics and don't mind toys/sports at all).

If we're talking FDC, I don't like to push produce or lunch meat and cheese (but love working out yogurt, juice, etc.)

I forgot to actually answer this

1. Cosmetics- I can find everything easily enough but it's when a guest needs help...picking out cosmetics...haha

2. Anything frozen or cold- Never have, never want to. Cold and I don't mix

3. Toys- Dear gods no

They're not really in any order I probably dislike them all equally

1) Freezer. The gloves are too big/bulky for my fingers to be useful.
2) Cosmetics.
3) Softlines.

Still thinking here.
I will push anything to drive sales & get product out.
Checking dates does slow me down. But, I do check.

Picture frames - because they are packed badly and displayed even worse.
Weird Seasonal - nothing like going home coated in glitter or stabbing yourself with a broken snow globe.
Books - I worked in a bookstore for many years. There is the right way to organize books, the wrong way to organize books, the retail way and whatever the fuck Target does.

Don't break the box, just cut an X through the bottom. It will crush in the bailer just fine.
Oh believe me I know that, and it is still a pain in the ass. Not to mention the fact that they don't like to fold flat and end up filling a trash cage twice as fast as anything else.

Don't break the box, just cut an X through the bottom. It will crush in the bailer just fine.

So YOU ARE who is telling the team that! :mad:

NO! It fills the cages up too fast! All boxes need to be broken down, FLAT. Do the above, and FLATTEN THEM.

No intact boxes in cages, FLAT BOXES!

Reactions: kyu
So YOU ARE who is telling the team that! :mad:

NO! It fills the cages up too fast! All boxes need to be broken down, FLAT. Do the above, and FLATTEN THEM.

No intact boxes in cages, FLAT BOXES!

What cages? We don't cage, everything straight in the bailer. Day side. We crush it as we go. Backroom ain't got time to clear cages!

And it will crush X cut in a cage. Why you cut it so it will flatten. I will not bust up my hands when that gets it done. Waste of time to tear those apart, cut it, crush it.

Last edited:
What cages?

Flow has cages, and it better be flat or your going to get an earful from me, the the ETL, and then the BRTL who is the xFLOWTL...

FLAT!

We don't cage, everything straight in the bailer. Day side. We crush it as we go. Backroom ain't got time to clear cages!

And that would no fly at my store. You better be cutting down boxes as you go. Our baler is no where near the stock room for anything, so if not and the BRTL catches you well you will get their wrath.. That point was beaten in from Day 1.

First time, a nice reminder, next coached, next CA, do it again, your gone! The BRTL absolutely hates this, and considering the rank they have in our district they can set the rules how they like. And SF will follow those procedures as well as the BRTL will just take it to the SrTL for SF and ETLGE end they will get their wish...

Just going to lead to boxes all over the floor when you push the flat or tub back. Thus wasting time picking them up.

Edit:
1. Cosmetics
2. Cosmetics
3. Cosmetics
Speaking of pushing cosmetics, look what was waiting for me today. Who doesn't love a box full of scrunchies and brushes that don't have a place to go because since our revision NOTHING is in the right place. (In that aisle, at least)

Attachments

• IMG_3231.JPG
    IMG_3231.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
Flow has cages, and it better be flat or your going to get an earful from me, the the ETL, and then the BRTL who is the xFLOWTL...

FLAT!

And that would no fly at my store. You better be cutting down boxes as you go. Our baler is no where near the stock room for anything, so if not and the BRTL catches you well you will get their wrath.. That point was beaten in from Day 1.

First time, a nice reminder, next coached, next CA, do it again, your gone! The BRTL absolutely hates this, and considering the rank they have in our district they can set the rules how they like. And SF will follow those procedures as well as the BRTL will just take it to the SrTL for SF and ETLGE end they will get their wish...

Just going to lead to boxes all over the floor when you push the flat or tub back. Thus wasting time picking them up.

Don't ever assume.

My store has no room for cages they are used only at night, when they can be on the floor. They are emptied and stacked when flow is done with them. Day side uses the bailer as a cage. Everything that can go in goes in. You bet your ass I break boxes down, again you assumed. I commented on one type of box and from that you think I work lazy. You are so wrong. X-cutting those detergent boxes is how my store rolls. And it was my ETL-LOG who taught me that. Why? It's faster and will crush flatten just fine in either a cage or bailer.

1. Home Decor/Furniture.
2. Home Decor/Furniture.
3. Home Decor/Furniture.

Hands down.

Snow globes, frames, large mirrors, glass vases, large benches, heavy furniture ....

box inside of a box, wrapped in paper and bubble wrap + Styrofoam. o_O

Don't ever assume.

Day side uses the bailer as a cage. Everything that can go in goes in. You bet your ass I break boxes down, again you assumed. I commented on one type of box and from that you think I work lazy. You are so wrong. X-cutting those detergent boxes is how my store rolls. And it was my ETL-LOG who taught me that. Why? It's faster and will crush flatten just fine in either a cage or bailer.

So how are these x boxes getting to the baler during the day?

On a stacked flat or tub? and they are GOING TO FALL off. And you are going to pick them up. Time wasted.

My store. Boxes are cut down FLAT day or night. SF or FLOW. Flat. And just doing as you are is lazy. I don't disagree that the baler can smash them, it is just not how it is done. Boxes are cut down flat, SF, flow, BR.

Matter of fact this is an item that is specifically repeated by trainers. Stacks of boxes on a flat or tub will go flying off when you turn a corner, to avoid rugrats that appear out the nowhere etc., no matter how slow you are going. Time wasted to pick up.

You method won't fly in my store and would get you term'd in no time. BRTL and ETL LOG would have a field day on this one.

Matter of fact this is an item that is specifically repeated by trainers. Stacks of boxes on a flat or tub will go flying off when you turn a corner, to avoid rugrats that appear out the nowhere etc., no matter how slow you are going. Time wasted to pick up.

You method won't fly in my store and would get you term'd in no time. BRTL and ETL LOG would have a field day on this one.

o_O

Term'd? as in fired for not breaking down a box?

Most of our store would be gone.

And plenty of times I have had flat boxes slide off of my flat or tub.

1. Home Decor/Furniture.
2. Home Decor/Furniture.
3. Home Decor/Furniture.

Hands down.

Snow globes, frames, large mirrors, glass vases, large benches, heavy furniture ....

box inside of a box, wrapped in paper and bubble wrap + Styrofoam. o_O

Table lamps.

It's like trying to break into Fort Knox. Even if you destroy the box, the cardboard and styrofoam are taped around the lamp parts while also connected to each other, so pulling out one lamp (because they always come in a box of 2) is unpossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back