Archived Top 3 least favorite areas to push

Status
Not open for further replies.
best practice says to not break them down o_O

I break them down but I do it by hand no problem.
Not to? We were always told to break them down before crushing. But rarely does anyone actually do it. I always flatten my boxes (chem boxes like 85% of the time tbh). I don't wanna stand at the baler longer than I have to. They get flatten as I push. Either tucked in my tub/flat, or I'll grab a shopping cart for them. I have upgraded from those shitty jiffi cutters to actual folding knives. So much more handy to cut bigger boxes down to fit.

1. CHEMICALS. FUCK CHEM. I'm very sensitive to the chemicals, so I basically can't even pull the CHEM CAFs. If it's small I can deal with it, but if the CAF is 10 mins or more I have to leave it for someone else to do.
  2. Cosmetics
  3. Toys. I had to push some of the Toy pulls the friday of the blizzard, and I was asked "where are the shovels/deicer/flashlights/batteries" literally over a hundred times. It's usually not that bad, but it's still pretty bad. I hate getting asked where things are. I moved to the backroom to hide from the guests, not interact with them!

I can't believe there's an argument happening over breaking down boxes.

Chem. More specifically, Comet bleach powder.

Cosmetics.

Furniture/decor. All that packaging.

o_O

Term'd? as in fired for not breaking down a box?

Most of our store would be gone.

And plenty of times I have had flat boxes slide off of my flat or tub.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

When I started our BRTL was the FLWTL, their rules or the highway. Period.

Boxes not being broken down is on thier list of sins. It was very well beaten in that boxes go in a cage FLAT! Failure to do so would lead the rounds upto term if you want to be that recalcitrant. In my store this TL has the "grease" to get this done. I personally took some of that flame when I started. It didnt happen again. Now that is the way it is done. It is not up for discussion. I and my other trainers train it this way, as I dont need the drama over it. Plus on flow it takes up tooooo much space in cages.

Flat cardboard falling off = going too fast, corner too fast, or too much on a flat. You need to put heavy BS on it or wedge in with other BS items/boxes.

This makes me glad my store has the old horizontal baler that can handle crushing any box you put in there.

My least favorite areas to push:
Lamps/frames because of all the extra trash.
Front lanes candy because you're pushing the same cases 30 times.
HBA and Cosmetics tie in 3rd for me. I hate all the pushers in HBA just as much as I hate hunting for the exact shade of red on that lipstick I have in my hand.

Plastics gets an honorable mention simply because NO ONE can stock what should be one of the easiest damn areas in the store correctly. I end up spending an hour putting totes back to planogram every single time I work a plastics pull.

At my store we are a 6am flow process. We always have a cage at each area. As far as detergent boxes go I flip them, make an x then stomp to get as flat as possible, not because of the baler, but if you don't they take up too much room in the cage. Yes they are a giant pain.

So how are these x boxes getting to the baler during the day?

ASANTS, cause at my store we have a baler not even 15 feet from the aisles of the main stockroom, and it even closer to the pull line. So if I'm backstocking, I'll put my empty casepacks/misc boxes either on a specific tub and put them in the baler when I finish backstocking a vehicle, or just bring it back as I go along. You seem to be assuming that at most stores the baler is a pain to bring boxes to without a cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back