Archived Toy set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minus the permanent EC's, all but 1 of the D86 Girls Toy POGS flipped locations. It's been a struggle because our HR made the decision to include DBO'S of the area to be scheduled with the presentation team to set BUT they needed to push their truck freight before helping. And all the while scheduled under presentation hours. 🤦‍♀️🙄 So yeah, not happy with their decision but not my area so I'm trying not to care. Feel bad for my team members but instructed them to set all then when done setting push all. Doesn't make sense for them to dig for pallets buried in a container until everything is set.
I’m guessing my tl pre-tied everything exactly where it is and didn’t even look at the adjacency.

Failure to print labels today is kicking my ass. Doing girl aisles and our gen today.

Last edited:
Our toys is a mess too. Clearance not moving. New toy pallets not sorted, fun times.
I was a bitch , I didn’t trap anything for the set. We got a new tl for pog ( in charge of pog) and I’ve mentioned her many times about all the transition that I trapped for her and how was left for two weeks ending up inbound to push it . Not only she has no idea what trap meant then said she forgot after I showed her. So she has a lot to pull lol

Toys Pre-tied ?? I must have missed that.

We have 3 Plano tm, most days working alone, so setting is creeping along, slowly. ONE day there are 2 tm’s on at the same time, that is the day I hope to get the flipping aisles done, only 4: the doll aisles trade places and Disney swaps aisles with the next one, easy flips because they are both in the same valleys.

ALL our clearance is out , and it is everywhere ! Most back endcaps of toys/sport, an entire pool aisle emptied to fill 6 sections, half the goggle aisle flexed to give 3 sections to clearance, half the nerf aisle flexed over to give 3 sections for clearance, two areas of the toy flat and as many amplifies gifting fixtures that we could gather. Honestly, looks worse than Building 19 ever did. Stuff not discounted enough and absolutely not selling ANY of it. I thought I heard/read months ago that markdowns were going to start earlier so that ON SET WEEK merchandise would SALVAGE. Would be so efficient to entire an aisle, scan out the salvage and set what was left. Spending time RELOCATING this clearance is eating time and making the store a MESS.

We have 2 big problems:
1. Toy DBO’s (under Plano hours!) are pushing pallet after pallet INTO the aisles we haven’t set yet, making more merch to move and sending lots unnecessarily to back stock. Of course I would prefer they spend their time setting but i’m Told there is too much to push, ok, inefficient, but whatever.
2. random aisles are un-tie ing themselves (or being untied ), creating even more unlocated items that are being sent for backstock too early !

One more: the aisles we set (and looked perfect yesterday ) are a MESS today cause DBOs are pushing and not zoning, sigh.

I’m the Toys DBO and at my store I’m dealing with the clearance and the endcaps (which are almost all clearance anyways) as well as doing normal DBO tasks like pushing freight/pulls and price change. We have 3-4 presentations TMs doing the set, we had 2 yesterday and they got the game wall done + 5 aisles of preschool. I think they’re planning on doing puzzles/activities today and the other Barbie/Disney. I’m off today though.

We've put clearance on every back endcap in Toys and couple in Sporting Goods as well. Plus a couple front endcaps in toys. We still have all of Boys action and two aisles of Girls left, which has a ton more clearance. We've used up some of the Amplified Gifting fixtures but the main problem is that the clearance just isn't selling. 50% just isn't enough off for most people.

But my store has two Plano team members plus me (Current Toys DBO) setting everything. We aren't getting a lot of help with push or clearance. Plus, not being able to print labels for most of the day today was terrible. Though, our pallets of transition were sorting into Fillgroups, so that makes it a little easier to push, since we've set all of Toy 1 by now.

There is supposed to be some sort of toys clearance event happening soon to help with excess product. Not too sure about the details, but I received a sign stating that.

So are the permanent sidecaps in shippers or do I need to come up with some empty side caps to use?

So how’s it going? We have 11 aisles done and 3 more days to get it completed.
Clearance is a nightmare. Backroom batches were never pulled, salesfloor was never ticketed. Just activated and a clearance label placed over the regular priced label.
Meaning no ones buying it. And we have to scan everything to see what’s what (since zone isn’t happening). In all the aisles we’ve set so far we pulled out 10 tubs of clearance with nowhere to put it. No clearance valley. Clearance endcaps look like shit.
It’s a shit show.

We made 3 valleys, only way to get ahead and keep clearance selling, plus lots of clearance bubbles hanging over the valleys

i'm going to have to cut at least an hour tomorrow so i dont hit overtime because we are so short-staffed and our toys dept is huge. setting it has been extraordinarily stressful. it's also jam-packed with guests by the time 10am hits so trying to work at a fast pace while you're dodging guests left and right and having to stop to answer questions is super difficult.

i'm signing tomorrow but i'll probably end up helping our plano team fill back because we're behind on that.

we also have two dedicated aisles for clearance and we still have a fuckton of it that needs to go out. plus flat after flat after flat of backstock in the back rip.

We made 3 valleys, only way to get ahead and keep clearance selling, plus lots of clearance bubbles hanging over the valleys

ASANTS, we were told no more clearance valleys.

How's that going you ask?

Awesome! More than half the clearance, marked and unmarked, is sitting boxed up on pallets on the back. And there are still price change batches for toys to pull.

We managed to get all of our toys PC pulled from the back and most of it worked out last week. And now that we finally got all of it priced correctly, it is starting to sell thru.

Kinda glad we will not be able to set everything this week so clearance can sell down more over the weekend.

We managed to get all of our toys PC pulled from the back and most of it worked out last week. And now that we finally got all of it priced correctly, it is starting to sell thru.

Kinda glad we will not be able to set everything this week so clearance can sell down more over the weekend.

I'm thinking they are just going to let what is in the back just sit there and go salvage. Why even mark anything anymore? Just let it sit and go salvage.

We had clearance everywhere but it least it was all out. Problem is: with each aisle we set half the product is clearance, pulling a flat (4-6 repack boxes) from EACH aisle. Filled back wall of mini and half the grill aisle, the entire pool aisle and half the goggle aisle, half the nerf aisle and half the toy flat aisle and all of the back wall of the toy flat, plus every back endcap in toys AND sporting goods. Looks like MORE clearance than regular price !
When does : “ clearance will SALVAGE the SAME week as the SET “ start ??
Sooooo disgusted with the time spent Moving clearance.
Of course push batches are enormous because the aisles are empty after the clearance is removed.

Best thing this week: smashed and discarded tsum tsum e/c fixture.....fun.

Where were you able to come up with 3 valleys?
Used the Nef, all company assigned endcaps, plus all the toys we decided no one is buying at this moment like the crafts plus the pool aisle in sporting goods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back