Archived Toy set

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how’s it going? We have 11 aisles done and 3 more days to get it completed.
Clearance is a nightmare. Backroom batches were never pulled, salesfloor was never ticketed. Just activated and a clearance label placed over the regular priced label.
Meaning no ones buying it. And we have to scan everything to see what’s what (since zone isn’t happening). In all the aisles we’ve set so far we pulled out 10 tubs of clearance with nowhere to put it. No clearance valley. Clearance endcaps look like shit.
It’s a shit show.

So how’s it going? We have 11 aisles done and 3 more days to get it completed.
Clearance is a nightmare. Backroom batches were never pulled, salesfloor was never ticketed. Just activated and a clearance label placed over the regular priced label.
Meaning no ones buying it. And we have to scan everything to see what’s what (since zone isn’t happening). In all the aisles we’ve set so far we pulled out 10 tubs of clearance with nowhere to put it. No clearance valley. Clearance endcaps look like shit.
It’s a shit show.

We did 12 aisles + front endcaps. Used almost all of back sporting goods endcaps for clearance and some in toys. The clearance that don't fit will have to be on pallets for now, as the endcaps clear we will add more from the pallet. Why isn't there any valleys this year?? I thought the fan central might be a good one but it was set recently. Most of the toys were ticketed fine so were ok there.

TL in charge of Toys read that the store is supposed to utilize the Amplified Gifting Towers to merchandise clearance. I can't remember where I read it. We too are sitting on at least 3 pallets worth of clearance and no aisles to put the merchandise. Aisles that needed to be flipped were set today. Set but trapped freight still needs to be pushed. Game plan is to set everything then push everything. I wish everyone luck. Whether or not this is how it's supposed to be done, we are going with what we know.

We did 12 aisles + front endcaps. Used almost all of back sporting goods endcaps for clearance and some in toys. The clearance that don't fit will have to be on pallets for now, as the endcaps clear we will add more from the pallet. Why isn't there any valleys this year?? I thought the fan central might be a good one but it was set recently. Most of the toys were ticketed fine so were ok there.
We have fan central up by entertainment. No go here.

Is your pog team responsible to put the clearance somewhere, or is the tl and business owner doing it?

TL in charge of Toys read that the store is supposed to utilize the Amplified Gifting Towers to merchandise clearance. I can't remember where I read it. We too are sitting on at least 3 pallets worth of clearance and no aisles to put the merchandise. Aisles that needed to be flipped were set today. Set but trapped freight still needs to be pushed. Game plan is to set everything then push everything. I wish everyone luck. Whether or not this is how it's supposed to be done, we are going with what we know.
What aisles flipped in your set?

We are sitting on about the same amount of clearance as everyone else. Currently utilizing our toy flat area for clearance even though that is supposed to set this week too.

How many people do any of you have setting? We only had 2 today so we only got 6 aisles set (no pallets worked) and maybe a 3rd person the rest of the week.

We have a couple aisles flipping too. Fashion dolls and the collectibles aisle flip sides for us.

I think it was in stores weekly or something. I read it too

The direction was to use end caps and amp gifting. If that’s not enough they said to set nerf guns late. We used our pool/summer sporting good section as it’s pretty empty and discontinued.

What aisles flipped in your set?
Minus the permanent EC's, all but 1 of the D86 Girls Toy POGS flipped locations. It's been a struggle because our HR made the decision to include DBO'S of the area to be scheduled with the presentation team to set BUT they needed to push their truck freight before helping. And all the while scheduled under presentation hours. 🤦‍♀️🙄 So yeah, not happy with their decision but not my area so I'm trying not to care. Feel bad for my team members but instructed them to set all then when done setting push all. Doesn't make sense for them to dig for pallets buried in a container until everything is set.

Minus the permanent EC's, all but 1 of the D86 Girls Toy POGS flipped locations. It's been a struggle because our HR made the decision to include DBO'S of the area to be scheduled with the presentation team to set BUT they needed to push their truck freight before helping. And all the while scheduled under presentation hours. 🤦‍♀️🙄 So yeah, not happy with their decision but not my area so I'm trying not to care. Feel bad for my team members but instructed them to set all then when done setting push all. Doesn't make sense for them to dig for pallets buried in a container until everything is set.
That’s weird, all of our girls aisles stayed in the same place

They’re supposed to be doing it with you but I agree pushing truck when they’re under presentation is dumb

Anyone actually adding the pushers to the our generation section? We haven’t gotten their yet but it seems like a silly spot to use them. Such a small section

Anyone actually adding the pushers to the our generation section? We haven’t gotten their yet but it seems like a silly spot to use them. Such a small section

We added them for 3 shelves. There's lots of small boxes so it will make for a better zone.

We added them for 3 shelves. There's lots of small boxes so it will make for a better zone.
I only have 1 shelf of accessories as a small format so I’m still trying to decide if I want to or not

Why do you have 3 more days to get it done? Why does it need to be completed by Wednesday? We plan on setting until Saturday, we have a pretty small team.

Why do you have 3 more days to get it done? Why does it need to be completed by Wednesday? We plan on setting until Saturday, we have a pretty small team.
When I said that it was Monday. Monday plus 3 days is Thursday. We work Sun-Thursday. No more Monday-Friday for us.

We are using AG fixtures for clearance. And pass throughs.

We are sitting on about the same amount of clearance as everyone else. Currently utilizing our toy flat area for clearance even though that is supposed to set this week too.

How many people do any of you have setting? We only had 2 today so we only got 6 aisles set (no pallets worked) and maybe a 3rd person the rest of the week.

We have a couple aisles flipping too. Fashion dolls and the collectibles aisle flip sides for us.
We have 5. Altho the dbo has to pull and push autofills (not too bad if pulled w our batches). The tl is scheduled in pog and dealing w the clearance. The 3rd person is slow as heck so sets an aisle a day then pushes pallets. The 4th person gets pulled by etl because his first workcenter is unload. So basically I’m the only one setting. But I set all day, I don’t push or pull a darn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back