Archived Tps

Status
Not open for further replies.

B26

I can't go into much detail- but I was offered a position to become a TPS at my store.

I know a lot of the things they do is confidential, but would someone be able to give me some insight on what I'd be doing? I like the schedule and paygrade raise, and I think I might be good for it, but I really don't really know what they do. Insight is appreciated.

Try giving a read through on here http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/29-Official-Assets-Protection-Thread

From what I've personally seen, the TPS at my store spend most of their time at the Checklanes, maintaining a presence there, then occasionally going through the store and doing counts on certain items. Making sure everything is properly secured (Spider wraps on TV's/Dysons/Etc, Blu-Rays and Box Sets keepered, things of that nature).

I'm sure there's a few AP Team Members around who can get into more detail, however.

What you'll do varies based on the volume of your store. I can tell you that it's definitely not for everyone, but you may fall in love and find a new career path. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I'm currently in college majoring in business administration. I have no intention in making asset protection/criminal justice my career path. Due to my major, I'm thinking it may be best to stay in the front end/sales floor and try to work my way up.t

However, the idea of being a TPS still intrigues me.

AP is the highest paid ETL for starting pay (excluding ETL-Rx, who usually makes just as much, if not more than the STL). They are still part of the business, and most ETLs will do several rotations through different roles before moving any higher. AP is not a bad spot to consider if you want to stay with Target once you graduate. Landing an ETL-AP spot will guarantee you higher starting pay than most other ETLs hired the same time as you. If you were a good AP team member and have a good relationship with your ETL-AP, they'll usually push for you to be an AP exec if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back