Transfer for promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, we are all a bit immature. What normal person comes to a website like this one?

Actually quite a lot of normal folks here. But you are bragging about how you've fixed all the troubled workcenters in your store (#1 and #6) and how you are afraid that the workload will be too slow for you (#14), and then you are all sorts of down about transferring because you heard from one person that transfer = bad. And you so badly want to get a promotion you can't get at your current store because that other person's word about transfers being bad is golden. That type of over inflation and placing such great importance on something small and elevating it well above the important stuff is typically seen with barely adults and people with stunted emotional growth. So, are you sure you are ready for a position that involves motivating, directing and disciplining people?

@Jayrod1994 transferring bad seeds out is just horrible leadership. You don’t move a problem. That’s why I term TMs instead of moving them to another work center. As for the market TL who told you that’s what transferring is about, well let’s just say a leader shouldn’t be giving messages like that. If you are wanting to develop, getting out of your comfort zone is a great way to do so. Sounds like you’re great at tasks and you are knowledgeable. I’m sure you’ve got good leadership skills as well, and going to a new store is a great way to test/build those skills. How will you communicate with your new peers and leaders? How will you begin leading a team that may not be on the same practices as your current store? How will you implement changes and new routines without it being a culture shock? And so much more. I say, take the transfer if it means a promotion. Worse case scenario, you develop, learn, and build your skill set and your resume!

@Jayrod1994 transferring bad seeds out is just horrible leadership. You don’t move a problem. That’s why I term TMs instead of moving them to another work center. As for the market TL who told you that’s what transferring is about, well let’s just say a leader shouldn’t be giving messages like that. If you are wanting to develop, getting out of your comfort zone is a great way to do so. Sounds like you’re great at tasks and you are knowledgeable. I’m sure you’ve got good leadership skills as well, and going to a new store is a great way to test/build those skills. How will you communicate with your new peers and leaders? How will you begin leading a team that may not be on the same practices as your current store? How will you implement changes and new routines without it being a culture shock? And so much more. I say, take the transfer if it means a promotion. Worse case scenario, you develop, learn, and build your skill set and your resume!
this is the answer I was looking for thank you so much. I’m not worried about the changes ahead.. challenges and turning heads are what I look forward to so I believe this will be the best thing for myself and the company.

Actually quite a lot of normal folks here. But you are bragging about how you've fixed all the troubled workcenters in your store (#1 and #6) and how you are afraid that the workload will be too slow for you (#14), and then you are all sorts of down about transferring because you heard from one person that transfer = bad. And you so badly want to get a promotion you can't get at your current store because that other person's word about transfers being bad is golden. That type of over inflation and placing such great importance on something small and elevating it well above the important stuff is typically seen with barely adults and people with stunted emotional growth. So, are you sure you are ready for a position that involves motivating, directing and disciplining people?

How can I speak of my accomplishments then without seeming cocky? I don’t mean to come off that way, but it’s the truth. My issue with this is I feel as though I’m being pushed out after developing relationships with my leadership and personally it hurts. The advice I’ve been givin here has helped me see certain things and I’ve accepted the future.

I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread but I transferred out of my store to take a promotion. I had been in the same store for a long time and honesty while it sure as heck has its share of headaches (GM P-fresh store to a Small Format) It was a great decision. For me I was getting too comfortable and my store doesn't turn around leaders, most have been there for a long time so I had to take a flying leap of faith. Worked out for me.

I'll admit I didn't read the whole thread but I transferred out of my store to take a promotion. I had been in the same store for a long time and honesty while it sure as heck has its share of headaches (GM P-fresh store to a Small Format) It was a great decision. For me I was getting too comfortable and my store doesn't turn around leaders, most have been there for a long time so I had to take a flying leap of faith. Worked out for me.
Wow this is exactly what I did. Took a big jump and it worked out. Came from a high volume P-Fresh store that had extremely low turnover rate for leaders and never moved anyone around

Surely we can repurpose this thread for something else. Byte recycling, don't want to litter the internet and the server with trashy bytes.

Don’t transfer first!!! Go to tl interviews at your current store and get benched!! Then if there’s a tl spot elsewhere you will meet that stl and if impress you’ll be promoted and moved.

Don’t transfer first. you’ll waste time having to prove yourself all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back