Archived Transfer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working for target for two years now and right now I am trying to transfer to a store closer to my new apartment. I already been accepted to the new store and I had a meet and greet with some of the ETLs. They told me I would start on the 15th of September on August 27th. So I have been patiently waiting till the schedule for that week to be posted on mytime. I checked today and it still says no schedule available even tho it should be up. Now I don't know what to do. Should I call the target? If so who would I talk to?

I have been working for target for two years now and right now I am trying to transfer to a store closer to my new apartment. I already been accepted to the new store and I had a meet and greet with some of the ETLs. They told me I would start on the 15th of September on August 27th. So I have been patiently waiting till the schedule for that week to be posted on mytime. I checked today and it still says no schedule available even tho it should be up. Now I don't know what to do. Should I call the target? If so who would I talk to?
Etl hr or clerical, and definitely call

I called but apparently she was busy with a situation and she said will call me back. I don't think it will happen tho. This target really isn't good on their word.

I've been to 3 stores, they all have their ups and downs.. Ones who don't care how well the schedule are made (what ensure people come in to do the work they're trying to get done), probably is a lot more lenient to the small stuff you ask yourself why you're getting grilled over at a more strict store

I don't know how it may work on myTime. But back in the day, your new store HR had to send your old store an email stating that you are reporting to their store now. Your HR from the store you are leaving will release you so the new store can add you onto their computer. You probably will not have a posted schedule until after you report to your new store.

I had a HR, at the new store I was reporting, who screwed up my last transfer by forgetting to send the confirmation email stating that I arrived at the new store, so my old store never released me. For a solid month, I was working on a non-posted schedule. I ended up having to call my old store to figure the mess out. The HR ETL never admitted it was her fault even though my old HR said it was a big goof up on my new HR.

When I transferred before, I usually walked in to my new store as soon as I arrived in town to make sure they had my availability, start date, and first week schedule ready for me.

I'd call back though, don't settle for schedule mistakes cuz they're too lazy to look, that's your attendance they're impacting and that's never a good way to start off a relationship with a new store

I would physically go in and introduce myself and ask for my schedule.
I called again because ETL HR never called me back. Unfortunately she was gone for the day, no surprise there :(. I want to go up there I just don't want to seem pushy.

I would physically go in and introduce myself and ask for my schedule.
I called again because ETL HR never called me back. Unfortunately she was gone for the day, no surprise there :(. I want to go up there I just don't want to seem pushy.

Don't worry about being pushy.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
You need to stand off to one side you'll get ignored.

They'll appreciate someone who makes sure they are where they're supposed to be.

Definitely call. You probably don't show up on their schedule because you haven't been put into their system yet, but I'm sure they have shifts set aside for you.

So I went to target this morning and they don't have my schedule yet. They told me to check back tomorrow night because the person who makes my schedule comes then. Guess I'll call tomorrow night and see.

Yah so I tried calling again and apparently the ETL HR was busy doing orientation. So I left another message doubt she will call me back tho. Honestly I feel like they don't want me.

Wtf. Well seriously, they have orientation all the time because target can't remember how to cut the bullshit out and keep team members

But you seem like you're eager and don't give up easily, a store with that sort of bullshit going on with hr most likely needs an eager, proactive transfer like yourself to help raise the ability bar by showing them what getting the job done looks like. Keep bugging those assholes. Don't lose your dime on their loss for time.

Last edited:
You ask for clerical, they have to watch it, screw Etl, demand a schedule because you're in transfer, ask to talk to the stl, if they can't give it to you, ask for the next time he'll be in so you can express your discontent of how hr handled the situation if you want to really look like you got your marbles in your hand

Last edited:
Wtf. Well seriously, they have orientation all the time because target can't remember how to cut the bullshit out and keep team members

But you seem like you're eager and don't give up easily, a store with that sort of bullshit going on with hr most likely needs an eager, proactive transfer like yourself to help raise the ability bar by showing them what getting the job done looks like. Keep bugging those assholes. Don't lose your dime on their loss for time.
Just called again and She is still doing orientation. Really didn't know target does orientation this late especially since they close at 11. And I won't give up my goal is to be a salesfloor TL at that store one day.

If they are an overnight store, they may have orientation this late. If they aren't an overnight store, it just may be an ETL-HR who doesn't take phone calls. My last one was like that. She took phone calls from no one. And any operator caught trying to put phone calls through to her got lectured. Everything had to be given to her in phone messages...that she would never return.

If they are an overnight store, they may have orientation this late. If they aren't an overnight store, it just may be an ETL-HR who doesn't take phone calls. My last one was like that. She took phone calls from no one. And any operator caught trying to put phone calls through to her got lectured. Everything had to be given to her in phone messages...that she would never return.
You are probably right because I have yet to physically talk to the ETL HR. Every time I call the operator tells me some excuse and when I went up there guest service called her on the phone.

So I finally got in contact with someone in HR, still not the ETL. She told me they tried to call me but the number in the system is wrong which it was never wrong at my old store. But ya she said come in on Monday and the ETL of Hard lines will make my schedule.

Last edited:
Ugh I'm sorry for double posting but I need a place to vent X_X... So I drove up to the target I transferred to, in my uniforming thinking I'm going to start work today. When I get there I meet with thee ETL HR. She tells me they are 200 hours over pay and that they are cutting hours drastically. Then she tells me she probably wont have any hours for me until Sept 28 to Oct 8. She told me she would personally call me when they make my schedule. She said don't call the fitting room or clerical. She said don't call her either. She will call me. Then she gave me a bag and some candy X_X and said welcome to this target. I just wish they would of told me before I transferred to this target that I wouldn't get any hours for a whole freaking month and a half X_X.

I'd be calling them every day to check on my schedule.
I'm sorry.
They accepted the transfer and suddenly figured out, whoops we don't have enough hours for you?
You should be able to come by every day and check to see if someone has called out so you can fill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back