Archived Transfer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a shot in the dark but could your new ETL hr see if any other target needs help. The hrs would go to the loaner store. Usually it is for ot but it can't hurt to ask. My store has all kinds of hrs. Beating sales and for whatever reason a lot of tm's aren't staying. Good luck!

Yeah I think I am going to have to apply for unemployment because I have to pay rent and bills. Really didn't think a transfer would take this long.

What they should have done is put you on the schedule when they expected you to be a TM there. Now, it looks like they have to wait until they create the new schedule before they will get you hours. By the time you get your first unemployment check you'll be back to work.

What they should have done is put you on the schedule when they expected you to be a TM there. Now, it looks like they have to wait until they create the new schedule before they will get you hours. By the time you get your first unemployment check you'll be back to work.
She never guaranteed me that I would be on that schedule. She just told me she would try. So I might as well just in case.

From my experience, if you are a TM in their system and you did not request days off, they must provide you with at least one 4 hour shift. Not having hours isn't an a valid excuse and that ETL-HR can get in trouble for not getting you on the schedule. Payroll management is a core role/responsibility of each ETL. If they prevent TMs from getting the minimum hours then they have failed and must go over budgeted payroll. I don't like the hotline but it is there for you to use when your leaders won't cooperate. Or go straight to the STL and state your case. They are in the wrong for not getting you on the latest schedule, you shouldn't have to suffer. Also, you could pull the fair and consistent card as well. If they only give you 4 hours I would complain.

Also if your transfer was indeed accepted see if there are any shifts on the swap board & sign up for ALL of them!

Also if your transfer was indeed accepted see if there are any shifts on the swap board & sign up for ALL of them!
I don't think any of the ETLs would approve it since they never worked with me.

You know what I don't understand. If this target is over hours then why are they still hiring people online. Something just doesn't seem right to me.

This is Target and you are trying to apply business logic...you need to get serious here. Fact is in my store hours are being cut mercilessly (I am down to anywhere from 8-16 hours per week - just a few four hour shifts) yet we are hiring like mad. Sort of figuring that in the end some of the survivors from the newbies will stay (at lower pay) and the experience will leave because they can not afford to stay. Only winner (here in terms of money not business success) is Spot.

I still think its messed up that new team members are getting hours over someone who is transferring. Honestly, how long does it take to put someone on the schedule X_X.

Sounds like your HR screwed you over. They accepted your transfer without acknowledging they are over payroll. I would contact your new store ETL fast, and figure up if you can pick up shifts or cross train.

Sounds like your HR screwed you over. They accepted your transfer without acknowledging they are over payroll. I would contact your new store ETL fast, and figure up if you can pick up shifts or cross train.
I can't call my new ETL HR. She told me not to call her. She honestly told me not to call the store. Just wait for her to call me. =/

I can't call my new ETL HR. She told me not to call her. She honestly told me not to call the store. Just wait for her to call me. =/
Some times you got to pick up the reigns and kick the stubborn mule in the ass to get anything done; same with Target. I would make it a point of picking up shifts and talk to your new ETL, transfer back to your original store/another store, or look for another job. They can't prevent you from picking up shifts in your work center.

If they are telling you to wait on them to call you, and not to call them, they are brushing you off and hoping you will quit.

Some times you got to pick up the reigns and kick the stubborn mule in the ass to get anything done; same with Target. I would make it a point of picking up shifts and talk to your new ETL, transfer back to your original store/another store, or look for another job. They can't prevent you from picking up shifts in your work center.

If they are telling you to wait on them to call you, and not to call them, they are brushing you off and hoping you will quit.

Yeah, screw that.
They accepted the transfer.
Show up, ask to take open shifts, be a nudge, make them tell you to leave.
Then sue them.

Yeah, screw that.
They accepted the transfer.
Show up, ask to take open shifts, be a nudge, make them tell you to leave.
Then sue them.

I wish I could however they finally called me. Suppose to be starting the first week of October:)!!! Just waiting for the lady to return my call to give me a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back