Transferring a TL to department that didn't have one before.

What department are we talking about that is only 1 tm I'm confused. In the end everyone really still owns just as much as before.
This TL currently only has one TM under them though they MIGHT add one or two more.

This department oversees a very small work area compared to other ones.

Meanwhile as a GM TL I own pricing, presentation, audits, seasonal, kitchen, stationary, storage, toys, sporting goods, and bullseye.

Plus run the truck and cover inbound twice a week.

Running one small area sounds like a dream.

Rearranging who owns what department is not creating new positions. Target does this every few years, especially with departments continuously switching between GM and Specialty.

What department is it that you think didn't have a TL before? Those TMs had to report to someone.

If your headcount didn't change, it wasn't an opening, they simply redistributed responsibilities.

No.

Our Ulta has TL already but has at least five TMs.

This new department is a weird combination of stuff which I can't elaborate on in the forum that I know Target monitors.
Is it not a part of simplification? Idk why they wouldn't be a part of the new process

Is it not a part of simplification? Idk why they wouldn't be a part of the new process
It's confusing for all and actually the TL in charge apparently wasn't trained much in the new processes but that's how Target works.

It's confusing for all and actually the TL in charge apparently wasn't trained much in the new processes but that's how Target works.
I'm just saying why can't you elaborate on the area if it's a company wide thing. If it's the plano pricing rfid bullseye and seasonal tl then they for sure need more then one tm. There are a ton of stores struggling in that area rn. Rn I think it's pretty fair in what everyone owns. Atleast more then before.

I'm just saying why can't you elaborate on the area if it's a company wide thing. If it's the plano pricing rfid bullseye and seasonal tl then they for sure need more then one tm. There are a ton of stores struggling in that area rn. Rn I think it's pretty fair in what everyone owns. Atleast more then before.
If it's the plano pricing rfid bullseye and seasonal tl then they for sure need more then one tm.

You described it better than I could!

AFAIK it's just Bullseye, Plano, and Mini Seasonal so far.

If it's the plano pricing rfid bullseye and seasonal tl then they for sure need more then one tm.

You described it better than I could!

AFAIK it's just Bullseye, Plano, and Mini Seasonal so far.
Technically mini is not a part of that.

It might just be seasonal then.

All I know is "mini seasonal" gets all the candy pulls at our store under grocery but not necessarily the other stuff.

It might just be seasonal then.

All I know is "mini seasonal" gets all the candy pulls at our store under grocery but not necessarily the other stuff.
Yeah it's always been like that. Most of the year mini should under consumables. It's the one area of the store nobody ever really claims and it's probably why it's been such an issue for so long. Half the seasonal pulls will be stuff for mini seasonal or it's under market for candy, or it's under whatever area the product might be more associated with. There is very little consistency

Technically it is shared responsibility between the FBTL and GMTL (Ops). Ops TL owns all of seasonal as a whole but mini is delegated by the type of product it is currently set to.

Plano is a HUGE responsibility. You’re naive if you think that’s a small area.
I am not naive but also I didn't have any idea that this TL had such a large responsibility until someone mentioned it in this thread.

Of course if our store would actually tell TMs about all these changes that would help everyone.

Communication is non existent at our store.

Communication is non existent at our store
Mine, too, and I suspect it’s that way at most, if not all Target stores. Even if they do through some miracle communicate anything it comes out in Target-speak so the team members who are new to the cult don’t know what they’re talking about anyway.🙄

Mine, too, and I suspect it’s that way at most, if not all Target stores. Even if they do through some miracle communicate anything it comes out in Target-speak so the team members who are new to the cult don’t know what they’re talking about anyway.🙄
I always loved the "off stage" Target term.

The funny thing is my first three or four years there I never even heard it.

I still hear a lot of TMs call the guests "customers" though.

I mean, are we discussing Process Ownership Simplification here? You are aware that this is something that was rolled out at all stores, not just yours right? The store leadership team would have chosen the TL that they thought would be best suited for the Ops role.

Back